Jason Brown | Page 792 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I never thought I could love Jason more than I already did, but over the past couple of months he has proven to have become such an incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, wonderful young man that I am so proud of. :love:

I'm really hungover and his comments made me cry. What a great guy he is :love:

Ross74

Medalist
Jason will be competing in the virtual Peggy Fleming Trophy:

https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/1280265072254869504?s=20

Mark you calendar. Skating is BACK!
A new champion will be crowned during the 2020 Peggy Fleming Trophy.:eek:

Television: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com
Tear-off calendar: July 17th
Clock face seven oclock: 7:00 P.M. ET
I guess everyone participating will be taking the circumstances in stride, but I can't help but think about him being off the ice for 3 months, maybe skating part-time during June for a couple of weeks while learning new choreo, then having only ONE WEEK with his coaches on ice in TO before this competition....:eek: it leaves me nervous for him. And he told Hersh he would need a month on the ice before having the stamina to skate a long program! Oh well, it is what it is, and I will be watching! Go Jason!

Jason will be doing a Q & A tomorrow with Flying on Ice, a skating and aerial performance group in Argentina. https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUJGe0ps8Y/
Hopefully this will be his last day off before showing up at the rink on Wednesday!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, July 10 is the previously announced PFT deadline for submitting the competition videos.
(It was the streaming date that until today had been TBA.)

No doubt the organizers are happy to have Jason, Timothy, Camden, and Starr (plus who knows who else) on board.
But I have no idea whether the organizers would allow some wiggle room in meeting the deadline.

I am appreciative that all involved have the spirit of "the show must go on." :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the heads-up about Flying on Ice, @Ross74; judging from the trailer for the Peggy Fleming event, Jason did not take his Team USA banner to Canada, but his host family's yard looks very nice:biggrin:

I will be very curious to see how this format works in this event, which given the circumstances, has absolutely no expectations and pressure. And what programs will he skate?

(and although I know this is not his FF, I am hoping one of Camden's training mates also decides to participate;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if they filmed his video in Chicago? He was skating for at least a couple of weeks there. Maybe they filmed one version and might see how he goes on return to TCC to potentially film another version and see which is better to submit?

(and although I know this is not his FF, I am hoping one of Camden's training mates also decides to participate;)

I have never yet given up hope that we may one day see one of Camden's choreographers...they don't have to be triple jumps!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason will be doing a Q & A tomorrow with Flying on Ice, a skating and aerial performance group in Argentina. https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUJGe0ps8Y/
Hopefully this will be his last day off before showing up at the rink on Wednesday!

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I just finished watching the Q & A and Jason was asked about the Peggy Fleming event. He said that he worked with Rohene on creating a program for it and, when he returns to the ice tomorrow, he will work with Tracy on it. He will record it at the end of the week.

Here's the Flying on Ice Q & A w/ Jason:

Part 1
Part 2

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the heads up. :)

I just finished watching the Q & A and Jason was asked about the Peggy Fleming event. He said that he worked with Rohene on creating a program for it and, when he returns to the ice tomorrow, he will work with Tracy on it. He will record it at the end of the week.

Here's the Flying on Ice Q & A w/ Jason:

Part 1
Part 2

It was a very good interview and chat. Many of the same questions that are frequently asked, but some different questions also. I am looking forward to seeing what he does for the PFTrophy. Sounds like he's going at it with not much practice or preparation, but he seems confident in what he plans to present. It was really fun listening to him. He seems very upbeat! That's good!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another excellent quarantine interview. And I am still learning things about Jason I did not know, or did not remember....

When he was on the soccer team at 12, and they lost the championship, and all the other boys are crying or upset, and young Jason, thought, yo, what's the problem, we lost, no biggie. And then he loses a skating comp, and he's upset, and the light dawns, oh, this is what the other boys felt like playing soccer, this is my passion.

And that although everyone is competitive at TCC, because they are from different countries, they don't feel pressure skating against one another: we can all do well and still all make Worlds.

This IG page has some very interesting interviews up: Elladj, Kurt Browning, Donovan (which will be in Spanish and I will understand 1/4). I will need to watch more

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wow!!! How does Jason do those lightening quick changes of direction?? :love:

I would love it if the Peggy Fleming Trophy were filmed from On Ice Perspectives :love:

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US Figure Skating highlights a skater's voice for each of the colors of the Pride flag.

and of course Jason wrote about yellow and *of course* Jason chose "sunlight". What could be more natural?:)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCeB48zA5Fx/

A very thoughtful post from Jason as well.:yes:

Zaki

On the Ice

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Jordan of On Ice Perspectives just shared this footage of Jason from SkAm last year and the slow-mo showed me two things;

firstly, how GOOD his triple axel is now, so much height! and secondly, so little pre-rotation on his toe jumps, I know he has a tendency to flutz but aside from that his jumps are so textbook :drama:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
7PM EDT means 1AM here. :( I won't be able to watch him :sad21: :sad21: :sad21: :sad21:

The competition videos will be available on the USFS website on demand after the premier showing tonight. You'll be able to see it all.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jordan of On Ice Perspectives just shared this footage of Jason from SkAm last year and the slow-mo showed me two things;

firstly, how GOOD his triple axel is now, so much height! and secondly, so little pre-rotation on his toe jumps, I know he has a tendency to flutz but aside from that his jumps are so textbook :drama:

And that was while he was still recovering from the concussion. He does get better every year!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tim Dolensky, a beautiful skater in his own right, is one of us:)

He commented on the OnIce Perspective's IG post of Jason's jumps:

"Jason’s jumps have always had this effortless floating quality. I like watching him do triples more than some others doing quads."

:agree: