Jason Brown | Page 795 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anybody else just keep staring at that opening pose? :love: Late to the party, but I wanted to put off watching any of the PFT until I could watch all of it. Jason's skate is so much more beautiful and powerful than I imagined, even after reading the comments. I love everything about it, though maybe not the distracting background so much. The music works great for this type of performance as does the flowing hair. He seems 100% into the program, like it's a part of him, and like he's been skating it for years. It's perfect for this type of artistic competition. Congrats to Jason and to Rohene. Just beautiful!

Yes! It's fantastic. And the second pose is phenomenal also. The hair looks good. Natural and suitable and the black outfit is perfect! He just looks GREAT!

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes! It's fantastic. And the second pose is phenomenal also. The hair looks good. Natural and suitable and the black outfit is perfect! He just looks GREAT!

The skating and outfit reminded me of John Curry - wonderful if Jason could follow in his footsteps to Olympic Gold.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Part of me is sad to say goodbye to Schindler's List before we saw its triumphant climax at Worlds, the other part is ridiculously excited to see what he's going to produce this year.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Part of me is sad to say goodbye to Schindler's List before we saw its triumphant climax at Worlds, the other part is ridiculously excited to see what he's going to produce this year.

Agreed! I think they'll be focusing more on making the quads that he wants to hit more consistent and less of a monumental challenge this year. Maybe this will be the year of the tango! Jason keeps saying that he wants to do a tango. If the SP is melancholic, his FS will probably be upbeat. Let's hope there will be some sort of competitive platform that will allow us all to see what they come up with.

BTW: PJ Kwong inteviewed Tracy and Brian yesterday and Jason was mentioned. It's available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIz1UBEez1o They talk about how they are managing the rink, and how Brian is communicating with skaters who have not yet returned to Canada. Jason's virtual performance for the PF trophy is cited by Tracy as a new way to compete.

noskates

Record Breaker
This is just a blind stab in the dark - BUT - I wonder if Jason/David would bring back SL for the Olympic year. Just a thought. It has the oomph for high scores......

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is just a blind stab in the dark - BUT - I wonder if Jason/David would bring back SL for the Olympic year. Just a thought. It has the oomph for high scores......

Jason has mentioned the possibility. His coaches want him to be challenged by new programs this year. But he didn't rule out bringing it back next year. He feels like he wasn't able to present it at its best. Apparently they made quite a few changes for World's and he was confident that he would land that quad. So it's unfinished business. However, since no one knows if there will be any competitive skating this season, the new programs might carry over. SL was a great program for him on every level.

noskates

Record Breaker
Okay - this is really cool. On Kurt Browning's twitter page he has an excerpt from Jason's Melancholy! High praise, indeed.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I saw this on Instagram from the TCC fan post. Some if not all of it seems to have come from USFS Fanzone. It sounds like Jason did his PF Trophy skate in one shoot? Here is what they posted.

teamcricket_figureskating Jason's comment about Peggy Fleming Trophy:
"With everything going on and so much uncertainty, it was nice to still be able to do something, even if it was virtual, so I like the way they adapted it and made it work. It's new and it's different, and I don't think anyone knew how it was going to unfold or how submissions would work, but I think they did a great job with trying to be creative. I think the skaters enjoyed working toward a goal and being able to perform again.
This was very different. For me, I actually had two days after I was quarantined 14 days before I had to film it. So, I only had two days to train it. I knew I didn't have the energy to do it again right then and there if I didn't do it right. I knew I would be wiped for the day if I didn't, but I think that was the pressure. I didn't have the same kind of pressure with everyone watching, the way that a competition typically feels like; that being said, you still want to get it right in one take, or as close to one take as you can."
Jason watched solo from his home in Toronto, but had his parents, cousins, aunts and uncles watching in Chicago and texting him throughout. Though he had to be told in advance that he won, Jason did not yet know his score.
"Watching for my score was really bizarre!" he recalled. "It was so funny because it was so quick. It was like ripping off a Band-Aid. I was literally done skating and hit my final pose, then it's like, 'And the score is….' It definitely takes the suspense and anxiety away."
Jason says he is training as if there will be a season this fall and would prefer to be over-prepared should competitions be delayed or canceled due to the pandemic. He is also open to the idea of more virtual events if the success of the Peggy Fleming Trophy influences the look of future competitions.

teamcricket_figureskating "I'm all for it," Jason said. "I think the biggest thing is, as athletes, it's just so nice to work toward a goal. We're so goal-oriented and so focused on taking those steps. The biggest thing on my mind is the 2022 Olympics, and it's about taking the steps to get back on the Olympic team and to be there in Beijing. The virtual events are another way of dealing with adversity on the road to 2022, and it brings in a different challenge and a new normal." Source: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...ith-the-sports-first-virtual-competition.aspx

⬇️
t

noskates

Record Breaker
Since it's verrrrrrry slow right now I've been looking for something to post that is inspirational, gives insight into Jason's thought process, and just had a "feel good" ring to it. I found this on his website and they're listed as some of his favorites:

Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.” -Claude Bissel

“I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” -Michael Jordan

Enjoy!!

Ross74

Medalist

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Happy International Friendship Day!

In honor of International Friendship Day, The Olympic Channel is promoting its 2019 podcast with Jason, Evgenia Medvedeva, and Orser. :)
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...w-post&utm_campaign=news-owned_&sf236355375=1

In addition, Medvedeva named Jason and Ekaterina Bobrova as two of her closest friends in figure skating in an ISU interview commemorating the day. https://isu.org/figure-skating/news...-stronger-during-tough-times?templateParam=15

Thank you for this!