Joshua Farris | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

iceberg

On the Ice
When he went off axis and fell on his quad I instantly just wanted to forget his TE. I just really wanted to enjoy his beautiful and elegant skating. His spin positions are my favorite among all the men in competition. Over all, an absolutely beautiful program!

Plus he wins me with his very gorgeous face!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
me too, this time, Joshua really improved, he has much better refined lines and extension, and sensitivity/musicality as usual and spins really the best of the group!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
that speadeagle just as the music swells makes my heart sing. I hope his Schindler's List is gorgeous!

iceberg

On the Ice
I dont care anymore about his TES. I just enjoyed his skating so much and his GORGEOUS face! Like a prince charming across the ice!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What Wylie so admires about the U.S. championships, which he says are "near and dear" to his heart, are the unexpected performances. He's tapping Joshua Farris or Nathan Chen as two skaters who could have breakthrough events in January.
"The senior men's is so wide open," Wylie said. "Jason Brown was an instant hit in Greensboro in 2011, and it was the first time people really took notice of him. That could happen again. It's not always the predictable results you think you're going to see. Skaters have quantum leaps in one day; it's fascinating."
How can one man rise above the rest?
"Quads are few and far between for the U.S. men right now," Wylie said. "So it's [a matter of] who lands theirs. And if you can pull off a triple Axel, that helps, too."

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wylie has good taste. ;)

I have a really good feeling about Nationals for Josh. The programs are easily the best any US man has this year and so good for him. His spins and steps have gone to out-of-this-world levels and if he can just land the jumps, which I'm sure he can, he can win this. I'm sure of it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, so hard to believe that the scrawny weedy kid I first saw videos of is now TWENTY!

Happy birthday, Joshua!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well, so hard to believe that the scrawny weedy kid I first saw videos of is now TWENTY!

Happy birthday, Joshua!

Belated HB to Josh! :hb:

karne, I hope you saw this birthday greeting/photo from Max Settlage. Look as if the photo might have been taken (as well as posted) on the actual day.

Stupid question:
Who is the young lady with Josh and Max? I know she is not Angela.​

ETA, I figured it out: she is Zoe Gong of Canada.​

And thx for your comment in another thread about my avatar.
After NHK, my little way of showing support for Josh was to add his name to Max's. ;)

Last edited:

staccato

Rinkside
He is such a beautiful skater. I really hope he remains healthy, because his skating is simply what dreams are made of, and I'd like to see more of it in the future.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
His Nationals SP was pure magic. :love: Someone else could do a similar program, and I'd probably fall asleep, but Joshua's sincerity and charm set him apart.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
For me Joshua was a revelation! IMO best SP performance I have
seen all season, loved it! Good luck to him in the FS!