Gracie Gold | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/itscoachvincent/

New video of Gracie's jumps. Her 2A, 3S, and 3Lo look gorgeous, her 3T still looks a little shaky, but she is making amazing progress and I can't wait to see her compete again

Lovely 2A :)

Is there any word on whether she will be going to competitions in the fall? I would love to see her go to some smaller events. I believe the last time she did anything other than big competitions was 2016 GS and 2014 Nebelhorn.

princessalica

Final Flight
Lovely 2A :)

Is there any word on whether she will be going to competitions in the fall? I would love to see her go to some smaller events. I believe the last time she did anything other than big competitions was 2016 GS and 2014 Nebelhorn.

The article says she’s planning on doing the summer competition at her home rink. Philly international ?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The article says she’s planning on doing the summer competition at her home rink. Philly international ?

Two caveats, based on the exact quote from Lynn Rutherford's May 10 article:

… Gold eyes the Philadelphia Summer Championships, held at IceWorks July 30-Aug. 3, as her possible return to competition. After that, she would have to compete at South Atlantic Regionals, also at IceWorks, in early October, to begin the quest to qualify for the 2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Asked whether these lower-profile events might be a bit easier to handle than media-filled internationals, Gold just laughed. ...

(1) I do not think that the word "possible" in the first quoted sentence should be overlooked. A "possible return" does not sound like the same thing as a "plan," IMO.

(2) The article mentions Philadelphia Summer Championships, as opposed to Philadelphia Summer International.

Lynn R. is well aware of the difference between the two, so I do not think she would use the different competition names interchangeably.
Plus Gracie is not on the USFS International Selection Pool list for the new season.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
is it likely that Gracie will get the TBA spot for skate america???

Probably not. She is likely not ready yet to put herself out there at SA, so it is likely that she will Regionals and Sectionals route to qualifying for nationals

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Gracie will also keep last season's sp
https://www.instagram.com/itscoachvincent/p/BzHBzm4D5GX/
I wonder what layout she will do. It looks like her opening combo will be a 3lz+2t, which might become a 3t later in the season, but I wonder what solo jump she will do. Personally, I hope she does a 3S or 3Lo instead of a 3F. Her flip often gets an edge call, and has never been her best jump, and in addition, it's probably the jump that we have seen the least videos of during her comeback. Regardless, I can't wait to see how she has improved! Go Gracie!

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Can’t wait for Gracie to compete again. Her programs look so good! And if you look at Vincent’s video of her FS, her trademark spiral is back!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She seems to be improving really well. I'm excited to see her skate again--she's been such an inspiration to me personally, and I know to many others as well. Go Gracie!!!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I’m so thrilled to see Gracie making so much progress! It’s hard to believe that Rostelecom was only 6-7 months ago.

Based on what Vincent has been showing us, I’m wondering if Gracie is aiming to be ready to compete at the Philadelphia International Competition at the end of July. Time will tell, but if she feels ready, how amazing would that be!