Gracie Gold | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Gracies 3Lz-3T looks so good, all her jumps are looking so sharp. It's amazing how far she's come since sectionals/regionals. She's really worked hard for this and I hope she puts out two performances she is proud of over the next few days.

It’s such a huge and positive change since sectionals, isn’t it? Not just the jumps, but everything looks so much cleaner and the programs look so much more cohesive.

I’m guessing the crowd will have a huge emotional response to seeing her back on competitive ice again, and I’m so hoping that she is able to channel that response, feel the joy of being back out there, and put out a short program she’s proud of. Really looking forward to tonight!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm amazed at the progress Gracie has made. She looks prepared and very fit. I saw her do some challenging off ice workout in IG the other day. Her legs and core are very strong.

Wish her the best for her SP tonight!

KatGrace1925

Medalist
It’s such a huge and positive change since sectionals, isn’t it? Not just the jumps, but everything looks so much cleaner and the programs look so much more cohesive.

I’m guessing the crowd will have a huge emotional response to seeing her back on competitive ice again, and I’m so hoping that she is able to channel that response, feel the joy of being back out there, and put out a short program she’s proud of. Really looking forward to tonight!

It's beautiful seeing her determination because she's pulled herself forward. I can't wait to see her competing, I think it will be the moment of the week no matter how she does.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I haven’t been able to watch her performance yet, but I am so proud of her for going out there and fighting. She is such a strong person and she deserves the world. She is definitely the highlight of my week, no doubt.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I was so sad she singled the loop, especially after hitting them in practice but competition nerves probably hit her hard. It takes a lot to go out there after all she’s gone through. I can’t wait to see her in the free.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven’t been able to watch her performance yet, but I am so proud of her for going out there and fighting. She is such a strong person and she deserves the world. She is definitely the highlight of my week, no doubt.

The crowd went CRAZY. I wonder if that’s more pressure.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
The crowd went CRAZY. I wonder if that’s more pressure.

I hope that she doesn’t see it as pressure, but as support instead. I know that if I was at nationals I would be screaming my head off for Gracie. I hope that she has the Evgenia Medvyedeva realization of last season that the crowd is not there to tear you down, but to love and support each skater no matter how they do.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think she did very well in the short and should be proud of herself. Huge difference between practicing and training and performing in front of a mega crowd.. nerves are bound to kick in though my guess it is more adrenalin rush than anything else.. a huge crowd can pump up adrenalin big time causing even the most seasoned athletes like Gracie to over or under shoot elements they would normally execute with ease.. it is a curse. Look what happened to Mariah! Do skaters/athletes receive training in handling adrenalin overload? Is it even possible to manage it? Anyway, I wish her the very best in the free... she is my heroine!!

macy

Record Breaker
I hope some pressure is off her in the free. This competition is a beginning though, hopefully next season she’ll get more smaller competitions to get her legs under her.

completely agree, this is the biggest stage she's been on since Rostelecom (and honestly i don't really count that). Ashley Wagner mentioned Gracie in her instagram story and said herself how terrifying nationals ice is. i think if Gracie had skated clean with a 3+2 she would have been rewarded well for it, probably around 8th place behind Starr Andrews. i think if she has a solid outing tonight she'll be scored well also.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
completely agree, this is the biggest stage she's been on since Rostelecom (and honestly i don't really count that). Ashley Wagner mentioned Gracie in her instagram story and said herself how terrifying nationals ice is. i think if Gracie had skated clean with a 3+2 she would have been rewarded well for it, probably around 8th place behind Starr Andrews. i think if she has a solid outing tonight she'll be scored well also.

I really hope to see her 3Ltz-3T tonight because it is so beautiful and I want her to walk away proud about putting everything she could out there. It was heartbreaking to see tears in her eyes, I am so proud of her for being there. I just want her to be proud of her accomplishments so far. This is definitely a long game, two seasons to the olympics so she has plenty of time.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I really hope to see her 3Ltz-3T tonight because it is so beautiful and I want her to walk away proud about putting everything she could out there. It was heartbreaking to see tears in her eyes, I am so proud of her for being there. I just want her to be proud of her accomplishments so far. This is definitely a long game, two seasons to the olympics so she has plenty of time.

I agree, especially the last part. I think people don't realize what a huge stage nationals is compared to regionals and sectionals. Nerves definitely come into play. I hope she has a skate she is proud of tonight. And now that she has momentum on her side I think she'll probably start competing earlier next season- practice helps nerves more than anything. Either way, what she has done is remarkable. A few years ago she was struggling to do a double toe in a show, now shes doing triples at nationals.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that she doesn’t see it as pressure, but as support instead. I know that if I was at nationals I would be screaming my head off for Gracie. I hope that she has the Evgenia Medvyedeva realization of last season that the crowd is not there to tear you down, but to love and support each skater no matter how they do.

I hope so also, but there has been SO MUCH press attention. If she were a plain faced brunette and not Gracie Gold, I wonder if it would have been the same. I might not have helped by babbling about her to the news, but surely she wasn’t watching the local news on Tuesday. I do hope my flowers and what I told her helped. I loved her being all badass right in the middle of that sea of USA jackets in her black. That dress was fire. And I’m going to buy an ocean of Julep makeup.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I hope so also, but there has been SO MUCH press attention. If she were a plain faced brunette and not Gracie Gold, I wonder if it would have been the same. I might not have helped by babbling about her to the news, but surely she wasn’t watching the local news on Tuesday. I do hope my flowers and what I told her helped. I loved her being all badass right in the middle of that sea of USA jackets in her black. That dress was fire. And I’m going to buy an ocean of Julep makeup.

The dress really was beautiful. I think the best of the night personally. I don't like most of the dresses by that designer but he made the perfect dress for her with that short program dress. I hope she gets the chance to wear it again, it's beautiful!

Country
Norway
I watched her SP from yesterday several times now, and I just want to say that I loved the program, despite the popped loop and no triple triple. Great speed, great spins, great performance, really great choreo with a lot of lovely arm movement and cool details. She really uses the music well. I just enjoyed every minute, and I feel the errors doesn´t effect the rest of the program at all, and that is a great quality. She can be proud of the performance.

I crossing my fingers for her tonight. It is bedtime for me now, so I won´t be able to watch. But I wish her the best of luck and hope she can enjoy the free.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know what she needs to place do to get funding and to not have to do Sectionals/Regionals next year? I know Megan Wessenberg came in ...17th? 19th? at Nationals one year and got the Skate America host pick based on how well she did in summer comps.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if there has ever been a standing ovation for a top 12 finisher at Nationals before.