Gracie Gold | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TSL has a paid link to her FS. I thought she acquitted herself nicely and stayed on her feet. She started doubling jumps in the second half - not sure if that's a stamina issue.

Gracie skates with more maturity and emotion then she did during her peak years with Frank. I enjoyed watching her even if she wasn't technically perfect.

Scout

Final Flight
:bow::bow::bow: for her courage and strength of character. I can't even begin to imagine how tough this journey has been for her.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Link to Gracie's FS that you don't have to pay for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-X96TsCqy0&t=4s

Thanks for sharing the video. I actually like the dress (although I don't think it necessarily goes with the program - I believe this song is from "Waitress," not that I would expect her to be dressed in a waitress-like costume). I am grateful she is back & thrilled that she has qualified for Sectionals. We were @ Ice Works on Friday, so we got to see her short program. There was a lot of fan support for her! :luv17:

halulupu

Final Flight
To be honest I hoped for more. Quite disappointed Hope she gets it together for sectionals. A lot of work a head for her in the next 5 weeks. I am not too optimistic

Artemisa

Final Flight
First for me she is a winner ... she has the courage to comeback ... that something...
Second she have the jumps ( and probably was were her team focus their attention) ... now she needs the stamina for doing both program with them

macy

Record Breaker
To be honest I hoped for more. Quite disappointed Hope she gets it together for sectionals. A lot of work a head for her in the next 5 weeks. I am not too optimistic

she hasn't skated a full competition since Nationals in January 2017...that was almost 3 years ago. She also stopped skating altogether for a while and literally started from scratch when she came back. i'm not sure if you are/were a skater, but i can't even put into words how difficult that is. if you weren't, then i don't expect you to understand how immensely hard that is. Gracie is about where i expected her to be right now. she is miles ahead of where she was a year ago at Rostelecom and she still has a long road ahead of her. I am sure she has also been training better than she competed, which is also expected. it will take time for her to gain competitive footing again. i am sure she and her team know what and who they will be up against in another month or so at sectionals and where they need to be at by then. i am sure she will be training very hard.

as i have said in the US ladies thread, we all need to be realistic about not making it out of sectionals, because that is a very real possibility, and i hope if that happens it doesn't discourage Gracie. not trying to be a downer, because i believe she can make it to nationals, but just being realistic. i hope Gracie has considered that side of it as well.

she deserves so much applause and respect for the work and progress she has made to this point.

halulupu

Final Flight
she hasn't skated a full competition since Nationals in January 2017...that was almost 3 years ago. She also stopped skating altogether for a while and literally started from scratch when she came back. i'm not sure if you are/were a skater, but i can't even put into words how difficult that is. if you weren't, then i don't expect you to understand how immensely hard that is. Gracie is about where i expected her to be right now. she is miles ahead of where she was a year ago at Rostelecom and she still has a long road ahead of her. I am sure she has also been training better than she competed, which is also expected. it will take time for her to gain competitive footing again. i am sure she and her team know what and who they will be up against in another month or so at sectionals and where they need to be at by then. i am sure she will be training very hard.

as i have said in the US ladies thread, we all need to be realistic about not making it out of sectionals, because that is a very real possibility, and i hope if that happens it doesn't discourage Gracie. not trying to be a downer, because i believe she can make it to nationals, but just being realistic. i hope Gracie has considered that side of it as well.

she deserves so much applause and respect for the work and progress she has made to this point.
I skated but never was in a comeback situation. True that. Cuddos for doing it.I am also not optimistic that she makes it out of sectionals. It is just disappointing altogether especially for herself. I mean she really thought she could compete last year at rostelcom. I hope she doesn't loose faith in herself and keeps pushing the limits everyday a little bit further like a real queen

princessalica

Final Flight
OK, so I read somewhere that apparently Gracie's blades broke less than a week before competition, and she had to get new ones. I've only recreationally skated, so I don't know, but do you have to get new boots when you get new blades, or just replace the blades on the same boots? How much of an impact would that have on a skater to be in new boots or just adjusting to new blades the week of the competition? No, Gracie was not at the level we are used to from her, but she has improved so much in the last year~

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't believe you have to get new boots when you get new blades but not sure what if anything is required to get used to them. I think people judge Gracie too harshly. I give her major props for even trying a comeback knowing "the world" is watching her every move and most not giving her the benefit of what she's been through. She was very sick. She had/has a disease but she hasn't given up[ I also think Restencourt is capitalizing on her name and pushing her to represent his rink so that causes more attention on her "comeback!" I thought she looked like she was in better shape than the last time I saw her. It has to take tremendous fortitude to put herself out there again knowing she is nowhere near her best.

macy

Record Breaker
I don't believe you have to get new boots when you get new blades but not sure what if anything is required to get used to them. I think people judge Gracie too harshly.

the main things to worry about when getting new blades is the mounting/positioning and sharpening. it can take a couple days to wear down the sharpness, but if they aren't mounted correctly it becomes a game of adjusting until they feel right. in the meantime it can screw you up a bit with jumps and spins. unfortunately we have no way to know if Gracie was affected by it, but new blades aren't usually too big of a deal, and no you don't have to get new boots with them.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I am not and have never been a skater. I am still on step 1 of Adult Learn to Skate, which is sitting on the ice and getting back up. But I am awed by her strength and courage. I could not go to Regionals but a Goldenskate friend took her flowers and a card. As someone somewhere on these boards said “I would rather see her smile with a 3rd place at Regionals than cry with a 4th place at Worlds.”

For anyone who is interested Regionals are finally on NBC Sports Gold.

macy

Record Breaker
I am not and have never been a skater. I am still on step 1 of Adult Learn to Skate, which is sitting on the ice and getting back up. But I am awed by her strength and courage. I could not go to Regionals but a Goldenskate friend took her flowers and a card. As someone somewhere on these boards said “I would rather see her smile with a 3rd place at Regionals than cry with a 4th place at Worlds.”

For anyone who is interested Regionals are finally on NBC Sports Gold.

i love this so much.

sworddance21

On the Ice
There seems to be radio silence from her coach on instragram. Anyone have any idea how she is doing preparing for Sectionals? I hope that the lack of posting is a good thing.

Artemisa

Final Flight
There seems to be radio silence from her coach on instragram. Anyone have any idea how she is doing preparing for Sectionals? I hope that the lack of posting is a good thing.

Radio silence before a competition is always good .. normally needs focus

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's what I'm hoping. Just seems odd that after so much posting before regionals now nothing. I'm hoping Coach has learned that less is more.

I think we all realize it is a long shot for her to make Nationals this year. Wish I could be at Sectionals to cheer her on. I will be expecting her to not make it and very very happy if she does. I hope she keeps that long program next year, it is lovely.

sworddance21

On the Ice
I think we all realize it is a long shot for her to make Nationals this year. Wish I could be at Sectionals to cheer her on. I will be expecting her to not make it and very very happy if she does. I hope she keeps that long program next year, it is lovely.
That's a totally fair statement and a good way to look at it. [emoji4]