Gracie Gold | Page 82 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

Tavi...

Record Breaker
As we say he's been radio silent, he posts three clips...

I think she looks good in those clips. We can’t tell from them what these elements look like or how her spins, footwork, and stamina are when she’s running full programs (hopefully she’s running them a lot), but her skating looks smoother and faster than it did at regionals, and I like that he’s showing her doing a -2T combo rather than a -3T combo. If she makes it out of sectionals, she has time to work on a 3-3 before Nats. Wishing her all the best and keeping my fingers crossed.

macy

Record Breaker
I just want to say i don't think it's right that a lot of people, especially TSL, are taking stabs at Vincent for posting clips of her attempting quads. how do they know how much time Gracie is spending on them? i doubt it's much with training for sectionals and hopefully nationals. they may only be committing 10 or 15 mins a day, maybe less, to just a few in the harness. the purpose behind doing them may be to help her with rotation in triples...i can't imagine it's anything else than that, since she doesn't have consistent triple triples etc. i just think it's rather judgmental and accusatory of them to say he's incompetent because of this, when they don't see what the rest of her training looks like or how much time is actually spent on them.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Well it’s TSL, what can you expect. But despite the cattiness, I think Dave actually likes Gracie a lot and is rooting for her comeback.

I actually thought she looked quite good in the last 4S her coach posted - I’m no jump expert, but it looked to me like she was doing quite a lot of the work on the jump.

That said, I was more interested in one of Vincent’s responses in the comments: that she is training really hard and is starting to run clean programs. That’s great news! We’re about a week out from sectionals, so not sure how the clean run throughs will translate in actual competition, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

macy

Record Breaker
Well it’s TSL, what can you expect. But despite the cattiness, I think Dave actually likes Gracie a lot and is rooting for her comeback.

I actually thought she looked quite good in the last quad he posted - I’m no jump expert, but it looked to me like she was doing most of the work on the jump.

That said, I was more interested in one of Vincent’s responses in the comments: that she is training really hard and is starting to run clean programs. That’s great news! We’re about a week out from sectionals, so not sure how the clean run throughs will translate in actual competition, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

i saw that comment as well, and i'm glad to hear it. it just goes to show how hard it is to come back from zero! i'm hoping now that she has one competition under her belt, she can start to feel a little more comfortable with all eyes on her again and begin to regain some competitive footing. here's to hoping she has 2 skates she can be proud of, no matter what happens.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
i saw that comment as well, and i'm glad to hear it. it just goes to show how hard it is to come back from zero! i'm hoping now that she has one competition under her belt, she can start to feel a little more comfortable with all eyes on her again and begin to regain some competitive footing. here's to hoping she has 2 skates she can be proud of, no matter what happens.

Agreed! :)

I can’t imagine how hard it was for her to take the ice at regionals with so many eyes on her. On top of regular competitive nerves and the struggle to come back from where she was...to have that additional pressure probably made things a whole lot tougher. I admire her so much for making it through as well as she did, and like you, hope she has two more skates she can be proud of.

dancelion21

On the Ice
I hope that Gracie is training well for Sectionals. I really want to see her succeed again, but I'll admit, Regionals have made me a bit nervous about her prospects.

macy

Record Breaker
she competes this week, guys. i am low key hoping she silences the nay sayers like TSL, but much more so that she can be proud of whatever she puts out. go Gracie!! :hap10:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I don't really care how she places- I just want her to have a skate and a score she is happy with.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I don't really care how she places- I just want her to have a skate and a score she is happy with.

I can't imagine Gracie being happy with a skate or score that doesn't allow her to go on to Nationals. Let us all pray to the Skate Gods that she makes it through.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed! :)

I can’t imagine how hard it was for her to take the ice at regionals with so many eyes on her. On top of regular competitive nerves and the struggle to come back from where she was...to have that additional pressure probably made things a whole lot tougher. I admire her so much for making it through as well as she did, and like you, hope she has two more skates she can be proud of.

But most of those eyes if not all of them were truly eyes of love. A sweet friend of mine brought her flowers and a card. Of course, there may have been some people who wanted her to fall on her butt, human nature being what it is. I hope supportive crowds help skaters - we sure try to!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Goddess help me. I have not been this nervous since 2016 Worlds.