Gracie Gold | Page 86 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is no such person Pasha Grischuk.

Oksana Grischuk, the well known ID skater turned coach, once mentioned in her interview she adores her grandma (Praskovija [Paraskeva in Greek], aka Pasha) so much that though to change her 1st name once. Journalists had understood the wrong way and someone changed her registry in IOC/ISU, so she skated under the name Pasha in 1998.

In Russian the name Pasha is shortened version of the male name Pavel (like Paul).

Lusterfan mentioned in an earlier post that Pasha Grischuk’s name was Oksana.

One of Gracie‘s coaches is Pavel “Pasha” Filchenkov, who coaches at IceWorks. He was an ice dancer for the US and was born in Russia.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you need to trust Gracie to make the right decisions for herself, for the right reasons. Remember that what you see on Instagram may not reflect full truth of a relationship.

I do trust her. I just don’t see why some people are in such a rush to have her leave Vincent. It isn’t being treated by some (not necessarily here) like he is some sort of evil person she needs to get away from right this second. Has he been accused of doing something wrong/illegal? If so, why isn’t Safesport investigating it? If not, why are some people in such a rush to get her away from him? I honestly don’t understand.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Oksana Grischuk, the well known ID skater turned coach, once mentioned in her interview she adores her grandma (Praskovija [Paraskeva in Greek], aka Pasha) so much that though to change her 1st name once. Journalists had understood the wrong way and someone changed her registry in IOC/ISU, so she skated under the name Pasha in 1998.

In Russian the name Pasha is shortened version of the male name Pavel (like Paul).
The shortened version of Praskovija is not used today as being too close to some unwelcome term from Russian prisoners slang.

Her coach is Pasha Filchenkov.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Literally all we have is an unconfirmed rumor from TSL that Gracie is no longer with Vincent. Literally. Nothing on either Vincent’s or Gracies social media. They still follow each other. I will wait for an official statement. If one comes then we will know.

I think I saw in the comments of TSL that Vincent left to go to California. If true, then he left, not Gracie.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think I saw in the comments of TSL that Vincent left to go to California. If true, then he left, not Gracie.

Err... not really. His leaving to California isn’t proof one way or the other she didn’t sever the coaching relationship.

tothepointe

On the Ice

Gracie is also in California right now. As shown on both her own instagram stories and on her personal trainer. So it's all just rumor until proven.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

The shortened version of Praskovija is not used today as being too close to some unwelcome term from Russian prisoners slang.

Huh? This is right from her Pasha's Grischuk's mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1kMeZxVwhE Or is this not the one interview you are referring to? I didn't hear anything about some much loved grandmother.....

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Gracie is also in California right now. As shown on both her own instagram stories and on her personal trainer. So it's all just rumor until proven.

Yes, Gracie would be in California to spend the holiday with her family.

Artemisa

Final Flight
To be honest I really don't care who her coach is ... I just want her to have stability and a good enviroment to work... That's half way to sucess ...Of course I would like her to go to a super coach or have some competition in her work group to push her ... but I think for now stability is better for her journey of rebuilding herself

Arbitrary

Medalist
Huh? This is right from her Pasha's Grischuk's mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1kMeZxVwhE Or is this not the one interview you are referring to? I didn't hear anything about some much loved grandmother.....

Sorry, I'm late to answer (being banned for few days). I just remember her interview after the 2nd Olympics given to the central Russian TV channel in Russian language.
She said something like:
- I said once I'd like to change my name to may Grandma's name (the narrator added: "her name was Praskovya") but I never made legal steps to change the name in documents. I don't know how ISU decided I did.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest I really don't care who her coach is ... I just want her to have stability and a good enviroment to work... That's half way to sucess ...Of course I would like her to go to a super coach or have some competition in her work group to push her ... but I think for now stability is better for her journey of rebuilding herself

Me too. She has said Iceworks feels like home and very safe to her..but since she’s had whatever blowup she’s had with Vincent that may no longer be true. I’m sure she will make the best decision for her on any future coaching changes.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Gracie and Vincent no longer follow each other on Instagram

I noticed this a couple of days ago. I guess that’s confirmation. Wishing her the best in whatever direction she takes now and I hope she does well at nationals!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know what is going on with her? She was in Springfield MO doing a tv piece. Is she still there? I’m ready to drive there (3 hours away) if she is?

macy

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what is going on with her? She was in Springfield MO doing a tv piece. Is she still there? I’m ready to drive there (3 hours away) if she is?

i doubt she spent much time there with training for nationals.

i hope whatever Gracie does with her coaching situation will be what's best for her, her training and future goals. i hope she sticks with someone who understands what she's been through and has a coaching style that is appropriate for someone who is coming out of severe depression and an eating disorder, but who can also push and support her through 2022, whatever the outcome will be.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i doubt she spent much time there with training for nationals.

i hope whatever Gracie does with her coaching situation will be what's best for her, her training and future goals. i hope she sticks with someone who understands what she's been through and has a coaching style that is appropriate for someone who is coming out of severe depression and an eating disorder, but who can also push and support her through 2022, whatever the outcome will be.

I hope so too. Where is such a unicorn found?

Ross74

Medalist

The IG Stories that Gracie posted today show her working with a trainer who in the PA/DE area near Iceworks.