Gracie Gold | Page 77 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

doublequad

On the Ice
That 3Lz looked very solid - good height, take off, and landing. The leg wrap is really bothering me tho aesthetically

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is she or is she not competing in Philadelphia? I'm dying here.

natsulian

Final Flight
Is she or is she not competing in Philadelphia? I'm dying here.

Since Gracie only began working on combinations a few weeks ago, I am not sure she is prepared to compete both a Short and Long in a competitive setting. Maybe she'll compete the Short and withdraw from the Long? I'm not sure. I would rather her not compete and continue to focus on strengthening herself, increasing her endurance, and truly embracing the process rather than see her freak out and fall, pop, and soullessly walk through her programs. Best of luck to her because what she is doing is not only commendably courageous, but immensely inspiring. More power to her. Whenever she's ready to compete, we will be there with her every single step of the way.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Gracie only began working on combinations a few weeks ago, I am not sure she is prepared to compete both a Short and Long in a competitive setting. Maybe she'll compete the Short and withdraw from the Long? I'm not sure. I would rather her not compete and continue to focus on strengthening herself, increasing her endurance, and truly embracing the process rather than see her freak out and fall, pop, and soullessly walk through her programs. Best of luck to her because what she is doing is not only commendably courageous, but immensely inspiring. More power to her. Whenever she's ready to compete, we will be there with her every single step of the way.

I absolutely don’t want her to do anything she isn’t prepared for. Maybe a meet and greet.

nataliebunard12

Rinkside

I really hope she fights for the long and short beacuse she was such a good comeptior

- - - Updated - - -

She won’t if she gets enough international assignments. A host pick to Skate America and a late fall Challenger event would probably do it.

is she doing philly?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, from Jeremy Abbott's interview conducted around July 20 (at the time of the Denis Ten tribute show):

... I did Gracie Gold’s programs last year, which she didn’t end up using so she’ll keep them this year. She only did the short, once. Hopefully, we can touch them up and make them fresh before the season starts.

That was actually an amazing project and I loved working with her. Regardless of what will happen with the rest of her career, I felt I gave her something special that was just hers and that she could keep for herself moving forward in whatever aspect that is. I was very proud to be part of that. ...

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/jeremy-abbott-pursuing-an-artistic-path/ (published Jul 25)​

Maybe it's just me, but "Hopefully ... before the season starts" does not strike me as having a strong sense of immediacy.

So competing next week does not seem probable to me. Just my opinion. YMMV.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
FWIW, from Jeremy Abbott's interview conducted around July 20 (at the time of the Denis Ten tribute show):

... I did Gracie Gold’s programs last year, which she didn’t end up using so she’ll keep them this year. She only did the short, once. Hopefully, we can touch them up and make them fresh before the season starts.

That was actually an amazing project and I loved working with her. Regardless of what will happen with the rest of her career, I felt I gave her something special that was just hers and that she could keep for herself moving forward in whatever aspect that is. I was very proud to be part of that. ...

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/jeremy-abbott-pursuing-an-artistic-path/ (published Jul 25)​

Maybe it's just me, but "Hopefully ... before the season starts" does not strike me as having a strong sense of immediacy.

So competing next week does not seem probable to me. Just my opinion. YMMV.

This is due to the fact that Gracie has been teaching seminars (she's currently at one) and Jeremy has been out of the country for over 2 months coaching, doing choreography and shows. Also, attending Meryl's, and then Eric's weddings. He's currently in Courchevel.

I'm sure there was an agreement between Jeremy and Gracie of when he would come to refresh her programs for her.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This is due to the fact that Gracie has been teaching seminars (she's currently at one) and Jeremy has been out of the country for over 2 months coaching, doing choreography and shows. Also, attending Meryl's, and then Eric's weddings. He's currently in Courchevel.

I'm sure there was an agreement between Jeremy and Gracie of when he would come to refresh her programs for her.

If you think I am criticizing/blaming Jeremy for anything, then you completely misinterpreted my post.

I already had noted in another thread that Gracie is teaching in Minnesota this week.

In multiple threads, people have been wondering whether Gracie will compete next week at IceWorks.

IMO, Jeremy's comments gave a little insight into the possibility that her chosen timeline for starting the season might not include competing next week.

There is absolutely no need for anyone to justify either Gracie's schedule or Jeremy's schedule.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
If you think I am criticizing/blaming Jeremy for anything, then you completely misinterpreted my post.

I already had noted in another thread that Gracie is teaching in Minnesota this week.

In multiple threads, people have been wondering whether Gracie will compete next week at IceWorks.

IMO, Jeremy's comments gave a little insight into the possibility that her chosen timeline for starting the season might not include competing next week.

There is absolutely no need for anyone to justify either Gracie's schedule or Jeremy's schedule.

No I never thought you were criticizing. I was just laying out info. That is all. :cool: