Florent Amodio | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Florent Amodio

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Amodio wants to say goodbye the best way he can
Former European champion admits leaving Morozov was big mistake

I have kept skating these last years for my love of music and dance. If it were only for technique, of course I would have stopped much earlier.

I felt that I lost my artistic emotion when I left Nikoli Morozov. It's rather easy for me to express an emotion like I do in my short program instead of a feeling that makes crowds cheer and stand up. I have picked musical pieces I like for that reason: to feel inspired again on the ice. Here I'm skating two programs I really enjoy. Tonight I will skate my long program to Sébastien Damiani's "Memories of Sobral" (Amodio's birth city, in Brazil), music I have skated to since 2012. I have kept skating to it in exhibitions ever since, and Sergio Mendes' soundtrack of Rio.

My goal is to live each one of my programs completely, intensely and genuinely. I am aware that I have some artistic qualities that may be beyond average -- which may not be the case anymore in (my) technique. It's been very hard to accept that some other skaters fared better than I did, even though their artistry was not as good (as mine).

It was an enormous mistake for me to leave Nikoli's school. So much of my life was connected to him. I always felt a little voice in my head telling me: "Call him back." I had to wait. I wanted to master myself completely and feel cured of anything I had to overcome since.

Nikoli was like a member of my own family. He guided me in the best way possible. I discovered everything through and thanks to him, starting with my first medals.

In fact, I may have had two careers. One was like a fairy tale, of course, with its highs and lows. It was brilliant, and it ended in a catastrophe. The second one will be just the opposite: It started in the worst possible way, and...we'll see how it will end. It's been a fierce battle: I've taken many kicks in my face; I had to fall and come back. I feel I can't spoil everything I was given. It's not easy, but it's also more 'spicy' than my first career, for sure!

I'll start journalism school, something I really like. I like the world of the press. The press moves a lot. I like to keep myself informed all the time. When I started thinking of my future, some time ago, and of which job I would like to do, I thought of journalism right away. At first, I wanted to start working for television, but I may opt for radio instead. You have a great freedom to create there. I like challenges, and I love to learn. That job should please me. I started working in immersion this year, and it proved I was right.

And, of course, I'll keep skating exhibitions. Skating does remain a huge thing in my life!

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, Florent! He went out all guns blazing - I've got a lump in my throat and am feeling teary-eyed.

We've always known you could do it - and now you did!

Pika

Final Flight
Oh Florent... I was almost in tears. His best FS since .. when ?! He was himself, and with the jumps !! I couldn't believe it when I saw the quad and after that even with the minor mistakes, the magic was there. He seemed happy to skate, and that was missing these days.. The emotion at the end was incredible, from him and Morozov. The crowd was amazing too.
I can't help but be mad at the result. He ended his carrier the best way he could but he would have got bronze if he'd thrown the quad in the SP, or if Kovtun had the actual PCS that he deserves. There's NO WAY he's at Florent's level.
I also keep a bitter feeling... He's a wasted talent. It's such a shame to see how his relationship with Morozov pushed and destroyed his carrier, when you see the relationship they have.
Now I can only wish the best for Florent. I will miss him in competition, but I will always enjoy watching him in shows, where he will be allowed to be himself :)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Words cant describe how I felt!
esp in English:laugh:
So I'll just say how I love you Flo!!!:tantrum:
& dont be stupid & STAY with us! :bang:

uhh

Medalist
Oh Florent... I was almost in tears. His best FS since .. when ?! He was himself, and with the jumps !! I couldn't believe it when I saw the quad and after that even with the minor mistakes, the magic was there. He seemed happy to skate, and that was missing these days.. The emotion at the end was incredible, from him and Morozov. The crowd was amazing too.
I can't help but be mad at the result. He ended his carrier the best way he could but he would have got bronze if he'd thrown the quad in the SP, or if Kovtun had the actual PCS that he deserves. There's NO WAY he's at Florent's level.
I also keep a bitter feeling... He's a wasted talent. It's such a shame to see how his relationship with Morozov pushed and destroyed his carrier, when you see the relationship they have.
Now I can only wish the best for Florent. I will miss him in competition, but I will always enjoy watching him in shows, where he will be allowed to be himself :)

I don't like when people say he wasted his career - he hasn't been injury free since before worlds 2013, with big back, knee and ankle trouble. There is only so much you can do if your body won't co-operate.

Pika

Final Flight
I don't like when people say he wasted his career - he hasn't been injury free since before worlds 2013, with big back, knee and ankle trouble. There is only so much you can do if your body won't co-operate.

I don't say he wasted his career but his talent. He was never pushed to the maximum of his potential. But he still has a hit list nobody can ignore. And nobody will forget him.
About what you say, of course there's injuries and the part of your body you don't control, but there's also the surroundings. And for this, after Morozov, Florent has never been helped (especially by the Fed), which contributed to what happened in the latest years.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I want to slap the judges, and Didier too. Because Didier is so incompetent he ignores his own skaters.

At least he gets a small medal. :sad21:

psycho

On the Ice
He was so wonderful today.:sad21: So happy for him. Screw medals. He's got plenty of medals anyway, and skaters like Frorent will be cherised and remembered, medal or no medal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
medal would have been nice but I think that giving himself the sensation of achieving a great last skate is even better. <3 Florent tu vas nous manquer

LRK

Record Breaker
He didn't leave quite empty handed, though - he got a small silver for the long. I hope there will be a few photos from the occasion, at least.:)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
forgive my ignorance but do they give small medals ? for every kind of competitions? even ISU championships?
He didn't leave quite empty handed, though - he got a small silver for the long. I hope there will be a few photos from the occasion, at least.:)