Quebec Summer Skate Aug 8-11 | Golden Skate

Quebec Summer Skate Aug 8-11

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Can't believe this wasn't started before..And my viewing was so patchy, I can't report much . Well there's the BIGGIE, V/M's [/B]first SD outing. Some lovely details.. and a spiffy Finnstep..

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37122231

After watching that , you can catch DuHamel / Radford, Castelli / Snapir in the pairs SP, if you look at the list of videos to the right...and for me a really big thrill..first look at Purich/ Tran.. They're mislabelled here , you'll notice 2 Bustamante /Dimatte vids. P/T are the first.. and the promise fairly oozes ! For such a short time together, they look great. These couples were 1-2-3 and considering Natasha went down on the throw ( but Jack-in-the-boxed herself back up ) I think it was a great start.

Have to go , but in the dance I was once again very impressed with up-and-comers Cyr / Brisbois ( 4th here)..More to say about the others , but no time to say it.. C'mon you guys , jump in !

Really , some very nice programs , and skaters trying hard to be ready.

Scout

Final Flight
I was also very pleasantly surprised with Purich & Tran. Not that I had low expectations of them to begin with, but I do think that they show a lot of promise. I really enjoyed watching them. I am so excited for pairs this season!

Very, very rough start for Amelie. I think she really needs to step back and work on confidence and mental toughness. I see how badly see wants it, but I don't see that fighting spirit and ability to bounce back after a mistake. At this point, I will not be surprised if she fails to make the national team this year, never mind the Olympics.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Love the choreography for Castelli & Shnapir! Hooray for Julie Marcotte!

Tessa & Scott's S.D. looks really good for so early in the season. I haven't watched the rest yet.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Amelie Lacoste was a hot mess jumps wise, but that LP is a keeper. Very impressed by the choreography and her ability to sell it. Here's hoping she gets her nerves in check.

She's using the same SP as last year - and did a credible 3loop-3loop attempt as her combo (although I suspect the 2nd jump was short on rotation).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... for me a really big thrill..first look at Purich/ Tran.. They're mislabelled here , you'll notice 2 Bustamante /Dimatte vids. P/T are the first.. and the promise fairly oozes ! For such a short time together, they look great. These couples were 1-2-3 and considering Natasha went down on the throw ( but Jack-in-the-boxed herself back up ) I think it was a great start. ....

colleen, thanks for starting the thread and for noting the mislabelling of the pairs vids.
To save time for others, the link for Purich/Tran's SP (again, ignore the mislabelling at the link):

(3:36 in length)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
IN's article re Quebec -- including coverage of Purich/Tran as well as the headliners in the title:

Virtue, Moir debut jazzy quickstep in Quebec
Radford, Duhamel pay tribute; Castelli, Shnapir rock Santana

By Klaus-Reinhold Kany and Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork.com
(08/12/2013)
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130812&content_id=56737924&vkey=ice_news

Among other bits of news, the article notes that Virtue/Moir skated their FD before Skate Canada judges and officials in a private monitoring session judges on Saturday morning.
Castelli/Shnapir will perform their FD this weekend at the Cranberry Open.

Kypma

Final Flight