Artur Gachinski | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is Artur thinking of coming back to compete? :popcorn:

https://www.topspb.tv/news/2017/03/...skij-shans-vernutsya-na-lyod-malenkij-no-est/

In St. Petersburg, in the "Jubilee" today closed Cup Alekseya Mishina. Gone demonstrations. There were guys and beginners, and more experienced juniors already known and those without whom it is impossible to imagine a modern figure skating.

Europe and world champion in 2015 - the favorite of the St. Petersburg fans Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and bronze medalist of the Olympic Games in Sochi Carolina Kostner. Not only as a learner but also colleagues on the ice there was one of the brightest students of Alexei Nikolaevich Arthur Gachinsky. Bronze medalist of the Junior World Championship appreciated the chance to speak in the next season.

ARTHUR GACHINSKY, bronze medalist in figure skating 2011 World Cup:
"Small, but there is. Let's see what will bring more everything, maybe come back, maybe I will continue to train. I do not know. Here's what happened here - it's all ours. I work here with Alekseem Nikolaevichem and his wife Tatiana Nikolaevna. Together we are working shoulder to shoulder with Tatyanoy Nikolaevnoy Prokofevoy. Everyone is here".

Here is his program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-DJ9xDK8sA

If he does come back, I just hope he picks better music :drama:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gosh darn it, if this is true...first Josh, now Artur, how will I survive?

EDIT: Wow, if that would be the short, that is incredible and I already love it, except for one thing: Roxanne is only acceptable as an instrumental. This song is a perfect example of just because you can use the lyrics, doesn't mean you should.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Artur skated his SP. It is the Tango de Roxanne one we saw the video of before.

His score was 71, he definitely went for the quad toe on the opening jump.

My heart. :love:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
OMG, this is so cute! :laugh:

But poor Kanako! Is it standard to humiliate Japanese stars on live television?

It's was hillarious. I think this is typical of Kansai (southern) TV, and Kanako is probably going to go the Nobunari Oda route of being an entertainer and TV personality. -just my personal speculation, she has that bubbly exuberance and great facial expression that will be perfect for all sorts of TV programs.
Gachinski is looking very well. ;)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
https://quadryuple-loop.tumblr.com/post/163183311829/cantilovertranslations-kanako-on-konya-kurabete Kanako confesses her long-time crush on Gachinski...and it turns out he's listening.
:laugh:
That show was priceless :-D Kanako is apparently still following Artur's instagram... Artur said he doesn't have a girlfriend right now... Kanako was cajoled into saying she would contact him (TODAY!)... Artur (I think) said he already sent her a message by Instagram? Hmmm... I want to see what happens next! *_*

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
That show was priceless :-D Kanako is apparently still following Artur's instagram... Artur said he doesn't have a girlfriend right now... Kanako was cajoled into saying she would contact him (TODAY!)... Artur (I think) said he already sent her a message by Instagram? Hmmm... I want to see what happens next! *_*

He was SO flirty with her. :laugh2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I liked how he was adjusting his hair before Kanako could see him! :laugh2:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'll try and resurrect Artur's fanfest with some recent content:

In July he gave a lengthy interview in the TV program "Up & Down", a series featuring exceptional sportsmen (and sportswomen) from the Russian region of Voronezh. I only have a very basic comprehension of Russian, but Artur is quite easy to understand (compared to e.g. Anna Shcherbakova or Alyona Kostornaia, who speak far too quickly for me :p).
He reminisces about the relationship with his trainers Mishin and Tarasova and gives some really interesting insights about the progression of his career, from the time he was the youngest participant of senior Russian Nats (at just 13!), to his worlds medal and the subsequent injuries that eventually forced him to end his career.
In the end, he talks a bit about his experiences coaching in Mishin's group and how you can't really take a one-fits-all approach, but have to find the method that fits each individual student best.

This season, Artur also appeared at the boards a lot, coaching his students in the Junior Russian Cup events:
Artur with Semion Soloviov
Artur with Nikolay Loginov
Artur looking pensively out on the rink :ROFLMAO:

I love how he always looks so earnest, you would think that he is sending his students out for the Olympic Free Skate. And who knows, he might one day.

Last edited: