Artur Gachinski | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

aschiutza

On the Ice
Why is going abroad not an option? Because of money or of politic?

It is kind of absurd that a coach woudn't want a skater who was european SM and world BM. He has great potential and he is still young.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why is going abroad not an option? Because of money or of politic?

It is kind of absurd that a coach woudn't want a skater who was european SM and world BM. He has great potential and he is still young.

I would imagine that both money and politics are the same issue disguised in different ways...the RFSF may not provide money for Artur's training if he is training with, say, an American coach, and the RFSF certainly would NOT want to see a skater training with an American coach doing well at Russian Nationals, especially if Artur returned to full capacity and started beating little golden boy Kovtun...

I'm sure there are quite a few coaches in America/Canada etc who would love to get their hands on his gorgeous jumps and his lovely lyricism, but...

gmyers

Record Breaker
Could this be the end of the gachinski I enjoyed with the St. Louis and pink Floyd programs?!?!?

lutzlover

On the Ice
What happened to him? I vaguely remember him being called a "mini Plushenko" back in 2011 and like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, people thought he would be a contender for Sochi. Also, on a completely unrelated (or related, I have no idea) topic, why is the coach Tarasova referred to so negatively? I remember someone commenting about how she is a "death reaper"?

gmyers

Record Breaker
He posted videos of himself doing some step sequences with interesting and unique moves. He provides links on his twitter page and he is working very hard with a new coach and i assume he can't wait for cup of nice and Finlandia.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What happened to him? I vaguely remember him being called a "mini Plushenko" back in 2011 and like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, people thought he would be a contender for Sochi. Also, on a completely unrelated (or related, I have no idea) topic, why is the coach Tarasova referred to so negatively? I remember someone commenting about how she is a "death reaper"?

The short story of what happened to Artur is that he had ONE bad competition at the worst possible time (2012 Worlds) and got chucked on the scrapheap. The long story is that something happened between his wonderful silver at Euros 2012 and Worlds 2012. He finished 17th (but, it must be noted, with a higher TSS than Kovtun's 17th the next year!), got tossed on the scrapheap, had an unexpected growth spurt, a back injury, and developed flat feet which caused leg numbness. And then of course there was also a mysterious personal issue that Mishin alluded to once but declined to elaborate on since it was Artur's private business. So basically, he had a pretty rubbish two years. But he's not done yet.

He posted videos of himself doing some step sequences with interesting and unique moves. He provides links on his twitter page and he is working very hard with a new coach and i assume he can't wait for cup of nice and Finlandia.

Are these videos recent? Because now I'm feeling like a very inferior Gachi fan if they are since I haven't seen them.

Do we know who the new coach is yet? I'm tying myself in knots with this rumour of the horrible coach.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently Artur has also deleted all photos of his (former?) girlfriend off his instagram. I have not checked.

Apparently he has a new girl, good. Every time Gerboldt dated a Russian skater their career went in the trash so I say good riddance :laugh:

Isn't Sokolovskaya famous for being skater reaper?

Yeah, I'll stay positive for now before I get too upset. But I think she is the only one at CSKA with openings which is why Shelepen and Bush went to her, she was not their first choice, Buyanova was but she didn't want them. I'm sure she was not his first choice either at least I hope not :laugh:

mielikki

Rinkside
Mishin has confirmed(?) that Gachinsky has gone to Sokolovskaya. http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/158955146.html

OMG, such a lame article.
The rules forbid to announce going to the new coach before the season ends. So no, there isn't official corfirmation. There are
- only one phrase from Mishin "Gachinski went away from our Saint-Petersburg unsettled state"
- inaccurate retelling of Artur's story from moving to St-Petersburg to nowadays (I'm pretty sure it retells part of BaltInfo article http://www.baltinfo.ru/2014/02/27/Aleksei-Mishin-O-figurnom-katanii-v-stile-Mane-410629 )
- claiming he trains with Sokolovskaya, but they "don't hurry to announce it because of the rules"

The same reporter wrote the piece about anonimous sourse claiming that Lena and Nikita will break up, so...
I have no idea what happened to ITAR-TASS, they used to be a reliable agency, and now they publish that trash.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, it's official now! Artur's coach is Tarasova.

I'm still not sure whether to :laugh: or :cry: or :popcorn: or :eek: or :yes:.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, it's official now! Artur's coach is Tarasova.
I'm still not sure whether to :laugh: or :cry: or :popcorn: or :eek: or :yes:.
It's like Tat is trying to pull another Yagudin. I am very looking forward to Gachinski/Kovtun shown down this season!