Australian figure skaters | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Pauli

Spectator
Pauli.

A shame Holly isn't skating on home ice. With four different triples and the support of a home crowd, a clean skate could have put her inside the top ten.

Apart from Holly and to a lesser degree, Katie, I'm a bit worried for the other ladies because looking at their TES from Wintersun and Hollins, they really don't have reliable double axels, or even any triple jumps to speak of at all.
I get that Junior Grand Prix events are about the experience, but hopefully they can be about sending skaters with a strong minimum standard to make a good impression as well. Otherwise, they are going to be buried in the standings.

I'm finding your post quite confusing. Yes, Holly is at present our number one junior but at junior worlds she only completed 2 out of the 7 triples cleanly and don't forget her performance at Nationals. Also Katie, to my knowledge has never completed a triple internationally & her double axle is far from safe. Yes there is a large gap from 1 to 2 in points but the same points gap exists between 2 & the next group below. As this is our home JGP, I would have thought that our number 1 skater would want to represent her country at home after all it is her picture advertising this event.

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
I'm finding your post quite confusing. Yes, Holly is at present our number one junior but at junior worlds she only completed 2 out of the 7 triples cleanly and don't forget her performance at Nationals. Also Katie, to my knowledge has never completed a triple internationally & her double axle is far from safe. Yes there is a large gap from 1 to 2 in points but the same points gap exists between 2 & the next group below. As this is our home JGP, I would have thought that our number 1 skater would want to represent her country at home after all it is her picture advertising this event.

It's definitely disappointing she chosenot to compete In Brisbane cause I think a lot of people were looking forward to seeing and supporting her. However I'm sure she has her reason

Boniboy

Rinkside
It's definitely disappointing she chosenot to compete In Brisbane cause I think a lot of people were looking forward to seeing and supporting her. However I'm sure she has her reason

why would you want to compete here to put up with this rubbish - and be judged by Isu judges against 2 fellow Australians - smart move !

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
why would you want to compete here to put up with this rubbish - and be judged by Isu judges against 2 fellow Australians - smart move !

Because it's a great experience when the entire crowd is rooting for you to skate well. The home skater at every international gets huge amounts of cheers and support throughout the competition,which no mater what anyone says, does influence the judges on the skaters favor. And I can't imagine she would have any problem placing the best among the Australian skaters. It would definitely be a smart move.

Boniboy

Rinkside
hahaha I definitely wouldn't call any of Amelia Jacksons triples clean... they are very much just under rotated attempts.

I think it is fair that Holly was the only girl to get 2 spots. She is the only girl we have with any talent in junior. All the other girls are practically the same level and will come close to last at all JGPs anyway so why not give that experience to as many of them as we can.

So the administrators of the forum take down a reply to this but leave the actual post up when it is clearly has malicious intent to the three junior skaters selected in particular Amelia Jackson ?? Youth suicide rates are at an all time high yet this forum perpetuates and allows one sided bullying -

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
So the administrators of the forum take down a reply to this but leave the actual post up when it is clearly has malicious intent to the three junior skaters selected in particular Amelia Jackson ?? Youth suicide rates are at an all time high yet this forum perpetuates and allows one sided bullying -

Do you really think a teenager is reading these ? I highly doubt it. I'm sure she has far better things to do with her time. I'm sure she is focussed on skating well in Brisbane and these comments will not make any difference to her life

Unless ur her mother then I don't think you should be worried about suicide because of this forum

Boniboy

Rinkside
Do you really think a teenager is reading these ? I highly doubt it. I'm sure she has far better things to do with her time. I'm sure she is focussed on skating well in Brisbane and these comments will not make any difference to her life

Unless ur her mother then I don't think you should be worried about suicide because of this forum

How do you know that teens aren't reading this - seriously -that's your defence ? Pathetic - any child who works hard and is dedicated would be devastated reading any of this - of course they can access it - teens are more tech savvy than the adults on this forum. So you don't think the young skaters around the country aren't going to text among themselves and show them what posters like snsd have said that they've got no talent and Holly is the only one that's any good and everyone else will come last - yeh nice

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
So you don't think the young skaters around the country aren't going to text among themselves and show them what posters like snsd have said that they've got no talent and Holly is the only one that's any good and everyone else will come last - yeh nice

I think young skaters are far more interested in instagram than sites like this. Name me one young skater who reads this ? All of our juniors have talent that's why they have a JGP spot. However the overall standard of Australian Skating is lower than most countries. Holly is our stand out skater who can make top 10 at a JGP as well as make Long Program at Junior Worlds which no other of our current juniors would come close. The other girls are still talented but are not technically strong enough to make top 2 groups at a JGP.

Boniboy

Rinkside
I think young skaters are far more interested in instagram than sites like this. Name me one young skater who reads this ? All of our juniors have talent that's why they have a JGP spot. However the overall standard of Australian Skating is lower than most countries. Holly is our stand out skater who can make top 10 at a JGP as well as make Long Program at Junior Worlds which no other of our current juniors would come close. The other girls are still talented but are not technically strong enough to make top 2 groups at a

give it up Bianca Del Rio - no one has even hAd go at Holly - but they have had a go at the three skaters in Brisbane - but keep justifying that to yourself . Why write something if it's not nice and constantly reinforce how much better one skater is over the other - let results speak for themselves . Why it's even necessary to point this out beats me but I know who you are and I know you love to stir trouble

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
let results speak for themselves

Oh results definitely do speak for themselves. And results have shown that Holly is ahead of our other junior by a fair margin. Our other girls competing in Brisbane are still great, but Holly would get better results than all of them

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Holly is absolutely our number 1 junior and the only girl to repeatedly land difficult triples jumps in competitions.

All the other girls are a tier below her technically.

Boniboy

Rinkside
Oh results definitely do speak for themselves. And results have shown that Holly is ahead of our other junior by a fair margin. Our other girls competing in Brisbane are still great, but Holly would get better results than all of them

God your like a dog with a bone ...no one has disputed that at all ... shame she chose not to skate here so we will never know if Jordyn would have beaten her

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
God your like a dog with a bone ...no one has disputed that at all ... shame she chose not to skate here so we will never know if Jordyn would have beaten her

Although she is very entertaining i dont think Jordyn Lazarus would come close to challenging Holly. Her highest technical scores are miles below Holly.

singlelutz9

Spectator
I think young skaters are far more interested in instagram than sites like this. Name me one young skater who reads this ? All of our juniors have talent that's why they have a JGP spot. However the overall standard of Australian Skating is lower than most countries. Holly is our stand out skater who can make top 10 at a JGP as well as make Long Program at Junior Worlds which no other of our current juniors would come close. The other girls are still talented but are not technically strong enough to make top 2 groups at a JGP.

I'm a skater and i read all the rubbish that is posted on this forum .