Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 291

Thread: Nobunari Oda

  1. #21
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    29,047
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    be well, Nobu & family.

  2. #22
    Bona Fide Member deedee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,985

    0 Not allowed!
    Here is a very nice interview on Apr 3rd, where Nobu talks about himself, his days after retirement, his future as a pro skater and coach, Mao and Dai, the Worlds in Japan, his recent performances at Kobe Charity ice show and its fund-raising: http://www.boom-sports.com/archives/52272776.html http://www.boom-sports.com/archives/52272775.html
    At this cahrity show, he performed Cotton Club and William Tell, and it's been reported that he landed a perfect quad and 3A!

    Hoping Nobu's sweet smile here http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/boomsport...8/98b2b03f.jpg will save Doris from crying.

  3. #23
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    29,047
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

  4. #24
    Uno, Dos, twizzle!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21,997

    0 Not allowed!
    Time to dig up this Nobu thread.

    Flashback to NHK a year ago and this wonderful performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQlWGcpAkFo


    Also, I'm glad to see that he is thriving in his post-skating career and love his (and Akiko!) cameo in Kanako's SP!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZOs...se1Gg#t=04m39s

    And this is just precious! https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...63c9e5423cd2f6

  5. #25
    Bona Fide Member Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,258

    0 Not allowed!
    Happy Birthday to our tiny warlord and most adorable forever-looking-13-years-old Nobu!!

    In case some of you forget what a cutie he is: http://realdetective.tumblr.com/post...e-with-a-human

  6. #26
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,522
    Country: Japan

    0 Not allowed!
    http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51917017.html
    Here's a bit of Nobu on TV, I think this will be his regular spot from now on commentating on figure skating and other sports.
    He talks about World Championships but begins with his graduation from his University. (cue Crying Oda)
    He says he remembers that he had actually gone to university to study English because he thought he would be an English teacher. His English teacher said, "Are you stupid?? You have an amazing figure skating gift. Surely you will use your English for your Figure Skating. You can communicate with other skaters in English, and it will help if you want to be a coach"
    He said it may have changed his life.

    I've actually never heard Oda speak in English. Does anyone have a clip of this? It should be good, if he planned to be an English teacher.

  7. #27
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,041

    0 Not allowed!
    Jeff Buttle tweeted yesterday that he is choreographing for a long time friend in Japan, and it's Nobu! He mentioned it in his blog and had such nice things to say about the friendship!

  8. #28
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    29,047
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Link?

  9. #29
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,721

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    http://skating.livedoor.biz/archives/51917017.html
    Here's a bit of Nobu on TV, I think this will be his regular spot from now on commentating on figure skating and other sports.
    He talks about World Championships but begins with his graduation from his University. (cue Crying Oda)
    He says he remembers that he had actually gone to university to study English because he thought he would be an English teacher. His English teacher said, "Are you stupid?? You have an amazing figure skating gift. Surely you will use your English for your Figure Skating. You can communicate with other skaters in English, and it will help if you want to be a coach"
    He said it may have changed his life.

    I've actually never heard Oda speak in English. Does anyone have a clip of this? It should be good, if he planned to be an English teacher.
    The only English I've heard him speak is during an ISU interview clip thingy after Nebelhorn 2012 (and he looks extra cute )

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODmIPUO-Yo

  10. #30
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,522
    Country: Japan

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXSwagg View Post
    The only English I've heard him speak is during an ISU interview clip thingy after Nebelhorn 2012 (and he looks extra cute )

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODmIPUO-Yo
    Thanks! His English is pretty good, but it's a good thing he stuck to figure skating.

  11. #31
    Bona Fide Member deedee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,985

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by firal View Post
    Jeff Buttle tweeted yesterday that he is choreographing for a long time friend in Japan, and it's Nobu! He mentioned it in his blog and had such nice things to say about the friendship!
    In Nobu's blog above, Jeff's choreo for him is Liebesträume! Nobu says Liebesträume is one of the music he wanted/dreamed to skate to someday. Can't wait to see it!

  12. #32
    Uno, Dos, twizzle!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21,997

    0 Not allowed!
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...om=embediframe

    Fast forward to 4:54. I'm sort of finding a sad (yet funny) irony that Nobu, of all people, is explaining how Yuzuru managed to avoid zayaking.

    That said, I'm so delighted that Nobu is such a wonderful commentator! Japanese television is SO lucky to have him.

    (Also, the whole whiteboard thing is like a genius idea.....NBC ought to consider doing this...lol.)
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 04-17-2015 at 05:30 PM.

  13. #33
    Uno, Dos, twizzle!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21,997

    0 Not allowed!
    http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-...amp=1429713655

    Nobu's latest blog entry! He talks about eating at a delicious pancake shop in Toyko. He mentions that today (guessing he's saying April 23) is also his fifth wedding anniversary!

    Happy anniversary to Nobu and Mayu! He said he was not able to celebrate yet because he's still in Toyko but plans to celebrate when he returns to Osaka.

    And it sounds like he and Mayu and the two kids are moving to a new house to Osaka. Sounds like good times ahead for the Oda family.



    http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12015423070.html

    Also he got a new endorsement from a milk brand! Cute carton!
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 04-22-2015 at 02:49 PM.

  14. #34
    Gold for the Winter Prince! demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,671

    0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the Oda-Daddy updates! Happy Anniversary Nobu and Mayu!!

  15. #35
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,823
    Country: Honduras

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-...amp=1429713655

    Nobu's latest blog entry! He talks about eating at a delicious pancake shop in Toyko. He mentions that today (guessing he's saying April 23) is also his fifth wedding anniversary!

    Happy anniversary to Nobu and Mayu! He said he was not able to celebrate yet because he's still in Toyko but plans to celebrate when he returns to Osaka.

    And it sounds like he and Mayu and the two kids are moving to a new house to Osaka. Sounds like good times ahead for the Oda family.



    http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12015423070.html

    Also he got a new endorsement from a milk brand! Cute carton!
    I remember an interview from some years ago in wich Oda say that what he wanted the most was a house for his family. Great to know he is doing great.

  16. #36
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,522
    Country: Japan

    0 Not allowed!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZZj...ature=youtu.be
    You can see a bit of Oda's new EX program for this year. He's looking so fit! I can't wait to see the whole thing.

  17. #37

  18. #38
    Uno, Dos, twizzle!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21,997

    0 Not allowed!
    He looks great! Thanks Newbie.

  19. #39
    Bona Fide Member TheGrandSophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,264
    Country: United Kingdom

    0 Not allowed!
    Aww, he inspires the desire to hug him. He is so sweet.

  20. #40
    Bona Fide Member silverfoxes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,442

    0 Not allowed!
    Happy belated birthday, Nobu! Adorable pics.

    I came across this on VK...I don't know how old it is or who made it, but it had me laughing for a good 5 minutes.

    http://cs614816.vk.me/v614816750/c1f8/LrH-WSujmec.jpg

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •