Nobunari Oda | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Nobunari Oda

Interspectator

Record Breaker
He eats such fattening foods. Other than sports commentary, he does food shows where he walks around sampling food. How on earth can he stay so thin? And so youthful.
Is Oda actually a Highlander? :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He eats such fattening foods. Other than sports commentary, he does food shows where he walks around sampling food. How on earth can he stay so thin? And so youthful.
Is Oda actually a Highlander? :laugh:

Yeah...i want his metabolism. FOR REAL.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he talks so fast, he burns calories with his talking! :laugh: I love to listen to him, even though I have no clue what he's saying. I just enjoy trying to figure out how he can talk so fast.

ETA - Finally saw his Japan Open program with the music. All I can say is -- WOW! He is amazing! Talk about just coming out and skating with joy and abandon!!!

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I watched all the FPs from Japan Open in the morning and Nobunari's program was just so amazing! I think his program was my favorite of all I've seen from JO 2016. I loved the whole program it's amazing he can still perform like this AND I LOVED HIS SMILE after he landed the first quad+triple combo :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched all the FPs from Japan Open in the morning and Nobunari's program was just so amazing! I think his program was my favorite of all I've seen from JO 2016. I loved the whole program it's amazing he can still perform like this AND I LOVED HIS SMILE after he landed the first quad+triple combo :love:

Shoma's was my favorite program, but Nobu was a VERY, VERY close second. The smile after the 4T-3T was so adorable, and you could just tell it was genuine joy. He should have yelled "See, I still have it!" :points:

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed his program. To think that he can still do all the jumps he had while competing is quite astonishing.
He is also such a happy sounding person.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
what an awesome performance by Nobu!!!! Throwing those quad and triple axels and combo like a BOSS. he is so cute

Interspectator

Record Breaker
In one of the many newsclips covering Japan Open, I heard that Asachan, Nobu's channel, will do a detailed report on his training for the competition. I hope some kind soul will upload it for us when it airs.

Last edited:

inskate

On the Ice
Wow, Nobu's performance at JO was amazing! :luv17: It made me so happy to see him skate with joy and calmness. I've been a big fan for over 10 years and it had made me so sad to see him succumb to self-doubt and pressure in so many competitions. Glad to see that he finally put his demons to rest :)

In one of the many newsclips covering Japan Open, I heard that Asachan, Nobu's channel, will do an detailed report on his training for the competition. I hope some kind soul will upload it for us when it airs.

This would be amazing - and very informative! It's not easy to come back after surgery or many missed years of competition, let alone both. Nobu looked more fit than many currently competitive skaters; and while it was probably partially caused by his great technique and good genetics, the details of his training could provide some hints for the skaters who are working on a comeback (or their coaches). :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12206385921.html
My translation of Nobu's latest blog post.
Japan Open finished safely!!!!

I was a lot calmer than usual. I was like 'let's go!!' and I really went! LOL
At the last triple jump, my mind was clouded with the thought 'I can do a no-miss' -and I missed.
This happens to skaters.
But it was a really fun time.

The competition day was Shintaro's Birthday and he came to cheer me on. He said "Papa, you were COOL!" and I got teary!

Photos of Japan Open

Next day, the family went to eat pancakes. Yay!
Went home and had Shintaro's Birthday Party
All of Shintaro's favorite foods.

Photo of Some serious party foods!

Happy 6th Birthday :love:

Oct. 1st is Shintaro's Birthday and I was also able to do a satisfying performance and I was happy with that, but late that night at the Hotel, Akio-san appeared on TV and sang 'Hitomi' (Popular song) and I don't know if such a happy day could exist. (lots of heart emojis) Now that the competition is over I will update the blog. ;)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4w7j7i_161006-白のプリンス-信成さん情熱解説-jo織田さん-家族愛のプログラム_sport

Here is the Asachan clip of Nobu. It only shows a few seconds of him practicing, and it's a lot shorter than I wanted. 'Dream of Love' is dedicated to his two sons and (jokingly) to his co-anchor Natsume-san. He wonders what his weeping retirement was all about now that he's come back and renewed his personal best score. He's NOT going to come back from retirement because his talking is much more stable than his skating.
He fan-boys furiously over Yuzu's 4Lo and LOOOOOVES his SP program and costume. Unlike many fans he wants Yuzu to keep it just as it is and not change the pants. :biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yeah, Nobu has written about his wife being pregnant again months ago :)
(Don't remember when exactly, but remember seeing it, when I read his blog translation backwards. And he mentions it from time ot time)

Last edited: