Nobunari Oda | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Nobunari Oda

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Went to 7 am practices for SA today, and there was Nobu waiting for an elevator. I said something brilliant(?) like "Is that really you?" He said "Yes, it's really me" and smiled. I had a chance to tell him how much I loved his awesome skating at Japan Open and asked him if he could go on the rink and skate right now! He laughed and thanked me and said I don't think so! He was so nice and really does look like he's 12!

Moral of the story, always have your camera ready at these events! (I didn't). :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Went to 7 am practices for SA today, and there was Nobu waiting for an elevator. I said something brilliant(?) like "Is that really you?" I had a chance to tell him how much I loved his awesome skating at Japan Open and asked him if he could go on the rink and skate right now! He laughed and thanked me and said I don't think so! He was so nice and really does look like he's 12!

Moral of the story, always have your camera ready at these events! (I didn't). :bang::bang::bang::bang:

He is just the sweetest thing. :luv17: I love that he's doing so well for himself after retirement. I wish nothing but great things for him and his beautiful family going forward.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He is just the sweetest thing. :luv17: I love that he's doing so well for himself after retirement. I wish nothing but great things for him and his beautiful family going forward.

He was SO polite and pleasant. I'm wondering if Baby #3 is here yet. Wish I had time to tell him I listen to his broadcasts, videos, etc. even though I have no clue what he's saying! :laugh2:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That's awesome you had a chance ot talk to him! The only thing I would add is that I love his blog. Which is mostly a yummy food blog :biggrin:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's awesome you had a chance ot talk to him! The only thing I would add is that I love his blog. Which is mostly a yummy food blog :biggrin:

That food blog makes me gain weight just by reading it. I always want French toast after I read it! :luv17: He always seems so nice on tv that it almost seems like it can't be real. I think it is though. He seemed in a hurry but was nice enough to stop and talk.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2nd Nobu sighting -- This time at Skate Canada. He was in the lobby and was really on the move (isn't he always?!). I did my best to try to catch up with him, but then I got stuck in a huge crowd of people and he disappeared behind an Authorized Personnel door. Darn! It's just not meant to be for me to get a photo of him! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

mikaboo

Medalist
Congrats to the Oda family! Happy the child is healthy :hap10:

Is Kanako congratulating Nobu? https://twitter.com/Canyanpy1107/status/795564901586452480 I like their friendship a lot :)

Translation:
Happy that I have the same birthday as Baby NobuNobuNobu-chan! It’s wonderful and makes me happy that another life is born on my birthday!! I want to meet him already.
Auntie Kanako will buy you anything.
#BabyNobuNobuNobuBirthdayCelebration

liv

Record Breaker
Aww, congrats to the family. All boys, eh? He seems like he would be a very fun kind of dad. Hope everyone is well.

I saw Nobu many times at SC. I was up high during practices and the tv channel he was with taped off an area beside me. He was wearing bright white pants and a Canada Goose jacket and for most of the men's practices he sat with Shizuka and the tv people a bit lower down. When it was Yuzu's time to do his lp run through he came to the taped off area and they were recording him as he commented on the program. Every time yuzu hit a 4 you could hear him get really excited and talk a mile a minute. Lol.

At one point Gilles and Poirier were stretching just in the area you enter from the concourse and Nobu was seated just below them. He turned around and saw them and climbed up through the seats and they said "Nobu!!" And paul basically picked him up and dragged him over the last row and gave him a huge hug. They chatted for a bit and seemed very friendly.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
what a great story, thanks liv!! its impossible not to love him :luv17: and congratz Odaddy!! hope all the boys wont make Mrs Oda crazy :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Belated CONGRATS to Nobu's family! :yahoo::yahoo:

what a great story, thanks liv!! its impossible not to love him :luv17: and congratz Odaddy!! hope all the boys wont make Mrs Oda crazy :biggrin:

Literally Mrs Oda now does have four boys, I would say, because Nobu still looks like a teen-age boy to my eyes. ;)

Behave yourselves, all boys, or your mommy will scold you! :biggrin: