Nobunari Oda | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Nobunari Oda

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/lljqckZFxnA
A long interview with Nobu and his beautiful wife!

-They met in Junior High School
-Nobu was not famous then
-They went to different High Schools
-Nobu began writing her from Canada
-After about 6 months he put a heart at the end of his letter to show that he liked her
-She wrote him back that she liked him too.
-She got pregnant before they were married, but actually were planning to marry anyway.
-Their son looks like his wife...fortunately
-He is a great caretaker, she has no complaints about his care of children
-She gets mad when he comes home and she's been working hard with the kids but he complains about the toys being out
-Nobu says that he has a complaint about the toilet cleaning...-that it is not cleaned enough. He is told that if he notices it...he must clean it.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
https://youtu.be/lljqckZFxnA
A long interview with Nobu and his beautiful wife!

-They met in Junior High School
-Nobu was not famous then
-They went to different High Schools
-Nobu began writing her from Canada
-After about 6 months he put a heart at the end of his letter to show that he liked her
-She wrote him back that she liked him too.
-She got pregnant before they were married, but actually were planning to marry anyway.
-Their son looks like his wife...fortunately
-He is a great caretaker, she has no complaints about his care of children
-She gets mad when he comes home and she's been working hard with the kids but he complains about the toys being out
-Nobu says that he has a complaint about the toilet cleaning...-that it is not cleaned enough. He is told that if he notices it...he must clean it.

his wife is really beautiful, but I like Nobu's face!!!:yes: so cute and kind

mikaboo

Medalist
Oh no, Nobu's getting surgery on his right knee this week.
http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12058890973.html?timestamp=1438860949
A quick and rough translation:
It's been hurting since a year ago and he's been getting treatments when he didn't have ice shows but it wasn't getting better so he decided to have surgery and will take next week off work. The doctor told him that he'll be able to get out of the hospital in 3 or 4 days and it won't be a major surgery. It seems like the pain was not so bad during (or at the beginning of?) the series of ice shows he's been doing but because of the strong pain:confused:, he started to feel limitations on what he was able to do and he started feeling down because of it. But other than his knee, he is completely well and hopes to cure the problem to skate healthy again.

His sentence sounds contradicting regarding the pain (at least to me, but might make sense for athletes), so I made up the parts in parentheses.
Anyway, get well soon Nobu! No Japan Open or Carnival on Ice for you!

We posted at the same time but I'm glad it was about different topics :)

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Maybe he meant that the pain was not so bad whilst he actually skated, but that afterwards it is bad? Total guess.

Anyway, best wishes on a good recovery for him!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
The injury seems serious reading the article... I'm really worried about him... :hopelessness:
He was always merry-making... Thank you for great performances at the shows!
Just pray for his quick recovery.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
there goes my Japan Open hopes:cry: i wish him speed recovery! :cheer:

ficelle

On the Ice
Nobu has updated his blog : http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12059913862.html
Seems like everything goes well, I'm releaved :)

Short resume of the blog entry (if someone want to make a more accurate translation, fell free^^) :

Basically he says it's been two days since the surgery, everything went well. He already made a few steps for rehabilitation. He wanted to study english since he had time now in hospital, but he gave up xD (<< totally understand it^^ Seriously, when you just had a surgery studies are impossible xD). He said he will better put his mind at rest too. And his manager brought him the sweets we can see in the picture, he said it was delicious ^^

I wish him a great recovery from now on, and good luck for rehabilitation...hopefully it's won't be too long ?

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Get well soon! Nobu! :cheer2:

^:laugh:
Get well soon Nobu! We need to see you for at least another 3 years in ice shows.

Oh, you were talking about his life plan below!:laugh: Still, I can’t imagine Japanese show scenes without him… :drama:
Nobu's Plans:
3 Years time -Retire from Pro Skating?? Focus on Coaching??
7 Years time -Go with my student to the Olympics!
15 Years Time -Take my wife on a trip around the world once my children have grown up.

Last edited: