Courtney Hicks | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Courtney Hicks

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She definitely needs a better LP dress-not white, and not ruffly would be high on my list of preferences. The SP dress looked fine. She perhaps could use Joannie Rochette's costume designer. Joannie is another athletically built lady.

tulosai

Record Breaker
She definitely needs a better LP dress-not white, and not ruffly would be high on my list of preferences. The SP dress looked fine. She perhaps could use Joannie Rochette's costume designer. Joannie is another athletically built lady.

Yes. Meite is also an athletically built lady who is figuring out how to dress. She looked gorgeous in the SP yesterday.

I also think Hicks could benefit from some ballet training if she is not already doing so. There is no need for her to try to turn herself into something she's not artistically, but I think slightly better posture and pointed toes would go a long way.

I've become a fan of hers this year though. When she is on she is so fun to watch, and there is nothing like her jumps among the current US ladies.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

According to her profile on IceNetwork, Courtney is a half Russian and her mom Nelisa is the designer for her. :think: I don't know whether her costumes have a Russian flavor or not, but she definitely needs to change costumes for better packaging. Joannie's designer could be a good option since Canada and US are neighboring countries, so she can visit the Canadian designer's studio.

Yes. Meite is also an athletically built lady who is figuring out how to dress. She looked gorgeous in the SP yesterday.

I also think Hicks could benefit from some ballet training if she is not already doing so. There is no need for her to try to turn herself into something she's not artistically, but I think slightly better posture and pointed toes would go a long way.

I've become a fan of hers this year though. When she is on she is so fun to watch, and there is nothing like her jumps among the current US ladies.

I absolutely lover Meite's dresses! They are my favorite ladies costumes; very elegant and well-suited for her. I think she needs to build her own character like her SP this season. I don't think the FP program is suitable for her even though I believe she tries to show her diverse aspects in her. Ballet training would be a good suggestion for her to increase her presentation skills.

LRK

Record Breaker
I didn't know much about Courtney prior to this season and I expected to dislike her, based on what so many people said, but I really like her too! I think she's more artistic than she's given credit for. I get the sense that she really likes the music for both her programs this year and wants to do them justice.

I could have written this post - in fact, I think that, around that time, on another thread, I wrote something very similar. At least, I was very pleasantly surprised by her, and she always held my interest throughout her programs - which, based on what I'd heard previously about her, I did not really expect her to do.

I loved her Nationals SP! Mesmersing performance - full of power. I honestly think she should skate to Inception or TDKR - I absolutely think she could bring it off! (Anyone who knows me well, would know this is the highest compliment coming from me.:))

Her dresses - honestly, they don't bother me. The SP one I neither like nor dislike, but am neutral on - it's a perfectly okay dress, I think. The FP one might be on the tad busy side - but I have no real problem with it.

I think she's going to 4CC if I remember correctly? (If I do not - correction welcome, of course!:)) If so, I wish her the best of luck - and I'll be cheering for her to do really well there.:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't Courtney first alternate to Worlds? I think Mariah is the alternate to 4CC and Courtney is for Worlds.

Will she get a shot to go to World Team event? I'd like to see her skate again this year. :yes:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Second Alternate inboth cases.. perhaps she will be assigned to Val Gardena?

You mean Gardena Spring Trophy 2015 in March? It doesn't sound like a big competition but she can refine her assets more there. She was born in 1995, so may be in college but I couldn't find her name on the list of Winter Universiade 2015. The event would be a good opportunity for her if she is an enrolled college student.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
You mean Gardena Spring Trophy 2015 in March? It doesn't sound like a big competition but she can refine her assets more there. She was born in 1995, so may be in college but I couldn't find her name on the list of Winter Universiade 2015. The event would be a good opportunity for her if she is an enrolled college student.

I do not believe she is currently a student but do not know her personally and so could be mistaken.

Does the US send people to Universidade?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I do not believe she is currently a student but do not know her personally and so could be mistaken.

Does the US send people to Universidade?

I'm not sure, so want anyone to fill in on the info. None of US figure skaters will compete in Universiade, but I saw big names on the entry list such as Kozuka of Japan, Leonova of Russia, Besseghier and Meite of France. I don't understand why the US federation doesn't send any skaters to the event. Maybe the nationals was held too late to submit a entry? So this is just my wishful thinking because she is neither in US World nor 4CC team but the event has some name value to build her career .

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Courteny will perform for Skate Dance Dream according to her instagram.

I'm thrilled to be performing in @skatedancedream at Jamestown Savings Bank Arena in Jamestown, NY on March 28th! If you're in the area come see the show or skate in it with me! You can get tickets or more information about skating in the show at www.skatedancedream.com. Hope to see you there!

Seems like she has been a regular member for the show given her photos on the instagram of Skate Dance Dream.
http://instagram.com/p/wpizvJKtz_/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/yPoqaGKt3-/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/vqk9IXKt1Q/?modal=true

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It will be a Hicks spin. Courtney may be a little too self-effacing to call it that...Like Boitano calling his signature move a 'tano Lutz.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Which spin is that? It's so cool she has her own signature move. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She is holding her foot in an donut position and still holding it ends up is a pretzelled up sitspin.

Something like that.

Last edited: