Courtney Hicks | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Courtney Hicks

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Courtney on her third place finish at Nebelhorn :cheer: I quite like her free skate and think it is a very good fit for her!

Weathergal

Medalist
Congratulations to Courtney on her third place finish at Nebelhorn :cheer: I quite like her free skate and think it is a very good fit for her!

Agreed!

(Posted the below on the State of US Ladies 2015-2016 thread)

I've been watching the Nebelhorn videos (thank you dorispulaski and Mao88!), and I am really happy to see Courtney Hicks' performances. I know they weren't perfect, but she has improved so much over last season! I think her programs are a much better fit for her this season (last season's LP--even the costume--was a real miss for me). Her costumes looked good also. Very excited for her and hope she continues to improve and do well!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I was really happy for Courtney about how she did at the CoR SP today! Her performance was really strong and she is currently in third place:cheer: Well done!!

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, indeed - well done, Courtney! My husband happened to be watching, and he enjoyed it too - he remarked upon how smooth and secure she looked.

LRK

Record Breaker
A shaky skate, but I still felt she attacked it. I hope she does much better next time - and I must say I really like her dress & hair! They really add to the period feel, I think.

tulosai

Record Breaker
A shaky skate, but I still felt she attacked it. I hope she does much better next time - and I must say I really like her dress & hair! They really add to the period feel, I think.

:rofl: we seem destined not to agree on costume choices... ;)

I do wish her the best at her next competition. I think nerves got the best of her here but she is a very powerful and explosive skater and I continue to have high hopes she'll eventually be able to pull things together :hap93:

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, well, I thought it might be a costume that might not perhaps be universally liked;) - but it appealed to me; obviously it isn't period correct (it would be a tad difficult to skate in a corset and vertugalle anyway;)), but it had enough nods in the general direction of the 16th century - the square neck (and I happen to like square necks anyway), the work on the bodice; and her having her hair high on her head, and the jewellery there.

What didn't you like - the colour? It's a rather difficult colour, perhaps, but... I don't know... I even liked that, somehow.:)

Also, one day we will hit on a costume we both like - one day!:)

LRK

Record Breaker
ETA to the above...

I've been reading the ladies FP thread... ;) And it's okay; someone has to like the Unloved Dresses; I'll stand up and be counted for Courtney's LP dress. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, well, I thought it might be a costume that might not perhaps be universally liked;) - but it appealed to me; obviously it isn't period correct (it would be a tad difficult to skate in a corset and vertugalle anyway;)), but it had enough nods in the general direction of the 16th century - the square neck (and I happen to like square necks anyway), the work on the bodice; and her having her hair high on her head, and the jewellery there.

What didn't you like - the colour? It's a rather difficult colour, perhaps, but... I don't know... I even liked that, somehow.:)

Also, one day we will hit on a costume we both like - one day!:)

Yes my chief objection is to the color... I think it just really doesn't work with her skin. The design of the dress itself is fine with me as is the detail work but to me it really washes her out and makes her look almost ill, and I can't get over that.

But it's okay if you like the yellow thing... i like the green thing so I understand :love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Also at least one other person stood up for the dress :rofl: They thought it made her look like Belle!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/courtneynhicks/status/663886287141666816/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

"I hit a snag when my right skate collapsed above the toe box on a triple loop in the six minute warm-up. Now I'm into new skates and I'm looking forward to the next two weeks of training before NHK!"

Golly, what is with Courtney and the equipment problems? I hope that they are behind her and she can give her best for the rest of the season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved her SP at CoC and I really like Rohenes's choreography in the FS. One thing I noticed is that the jumps are placed in very crucial parts of the program and when those fail it really is going to harm her scores. It's a risk it to get it approach that is challenging to say the least. But it's got great potential. I see her on the podium at Nats this year :yahoo:

Her skating skills are very under appreciated IMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Rohene seems to love to play big or go home when it comes to choreo. Jason's choreo is the same way -- when the jumps fall, the choreo goes with it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/courtneynhicks/status/663886287141666816/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

"I hit a snag when my right skate collapsed above the toe box on a triple loop in the six minute warm-up. Now I'm into new skates and I'm looking forward to the next two weeks of training before NHK!"

Golly, what is with Courtney and the equipment problems? I hope that they are behind her and she can give her best for the rest of the season.

Gosh that must be very disheartening. She really doesn't have much time to break them in. Good luck to her :cheer:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So i saw that tweet and have been wondering... can anyone translate "right skate collapsed above the toe box" into idiot for me?

I assume "toe box" has something to do with the toe, but I'd like to have a better idea of what happened.