Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue

blancanieves

On the Ice
Madison and Zach will perform at the Saturday Night Ice Show at the Olympic Center, in Lake Placid, N.Y. on July 19, 2014. If anyone can go, share your thoughts!

http://www.whiteface.com/news/2014/07/ice-dancers-madison-hubbell-zachary-donahue-guest-star-saturday-night-ice-show

Monday, July 14, 2014
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. --- The 2014 summer skating series continues this weekend, July 18 and 19, with Friday's Freaky Friday and the Saturday Night Ice Show at the Olympic Center, in Lake Placid, N.Y. Friday's Freaky Friday event begins at 4:30 p.m., while the Saturday night's show is slated to begin at 7:30 p.m. Both events will be held in the center's 1932 Rink Jack Shea Arena.

American ice dancers, Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue, guest star in the Saturday Night Ice Show. Hubbell and Donohue are three-time U.S. national championship medalists. In 2012, the couple skated to the U.S. national ice dancing championships' bronze medal.

This summer is the 82nd annual summer skating program. The skaters will perform their individual and group numbers during this entertaining event. Admission to the show is $10 for adults, $8 for juniors and seniors. Children six and under may enter for free.

The ever-popular Freaky Friday show will also feature skaters from the summer skating program, who create their own unique routines for this event. The skaters abandon their regular routines in favor of creativity, humor and amusement. The routines are judged on entertainment value. Admission is free.

To learn more about the Lake Placid summer skating program, log on to www.lakeplacidskating.com. For more information on ORDA's Olympic venues and events, visit www.whitefacelakeplacid.com.

More details, from their Facebook page:

They will be doing two programs, and are looking forward to meeting friends, old and new. Show starts at 7:30pm. Great weekend for a trip to the Lake!! Hope to see you there!

wishonastar

On the Ice
Wonderful interview with Morgan Matthews found. H/D were mentioned in it...
Q: Who are your three favorite ice dance teams of all time and why?

A: My all time favorite ice dance teams are Grishuk and Platov, Angelika Krylova and ANYONE and Torvill and Dean. Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze are another favorite of mine, but they are not ice dancers. Lastly, allow me to take this opportunity express my love for Hubbell and Donohue. In my opinion they are the most undervalued ice dance team currently skating.

wishonastar

On the Ice
Hubbell/Donohue withdrew from Finlandia. First competition of season will be Skate Canada. Cannuscio/mcManus to replace.

wishonastar

On the Ice
Copied from fan page on FSU-
Madi and Zach will be guest skaters at the MKYAS Finals on Nov. 30th at the Ft Dupont Ice Arena, Washington, DC. The show is from 2-4, and proceeds benefit the Kids on Ice program. Come on out and support a great cause and say Hi! Madi and Zach would love to see you!
Here is the arena's FB page for info-
https://www.facebook.com/kidsonice

Think I might try and make it!

blancanieves

On the Ice
Copied from fan page on FSU-
Madi and Zach will be guest skaters at the MKYAS Finals on Nov. 30th at the Ft Dupont Ice Arena, Washington, DC. The show is from 2-4, and proceeds benefit the Kids on Ice program. Come on out and support a great cause and say Hi! Madi and Zach would love to see you!
Here is the arena's FB page for info-
https://www.facebook.com/kidsonice

Think I might try and make it!

That's awesome news! I think I'm going to look into the logistics as well :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Madison and Zach will be competing at Golden Spin this week. I hope there will be fancam video!

Good luck, guys!

salchowx4

On the Ice
It is a shame that their gala performance at US Nats is no longer on YouTube. It is available on Ice Network as part of the whole gala, so most of us can see it there, but it is something that would appeal to a lot of people, I think, and thus should be on YT to help promote the sport. One of the sexiest exhibition programs ever.

Edit: There is still a fancam of it on there, but this one deserves professional video.

Last edited:

blancanieves

On the Ice
It is a shame that their gala performance at US Nats is no longer on YouTube. It is available on Ice Network as part of the whole gala, so most of us can see it there, but it is something that would appeal to a lot of people, I think, and thus should be on YT to help promote the sport. One of the sexiest exhibition programs ever.

Edit: There is still a fancam of it on there, but this one deserves professional video.

Video of their performance of that number at Frenchie Skate 2015 on Friday, Feb. 27th:

Hubbell and Donohue

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
I saw on a facebook page somewhere that said that Maddie and Zach are moving to Canada to train. Can we verify???

jwren

Rinkside
Whoa, if that's true, that comes as a huge surprise to me. I always thought they loved DSC and their coaches.

laire

Rinkside
Hmm, but where to Canada, if true? I don't think they'd go to Lane. Do D/L need them? Although, maybe they do.

sses1

On the Ice
Hmm, but where to Canada, if true? I don't think they'd go to Lane. Do D/L need them? Although, maybe they do.

I doubt they would go to Lane either and D/L are amazing but they already have a handful. . . I will wait for an official announcement before I believe anything.