2013 Skate America Ladies Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Short Program

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is why i don't like 14 year old girls on the GP. All the other ladies look and are built like women then you have Elena who's built like a 10 year old boy so of course she can rotate those triples. I'm glad too that next season you have to be 15 to be on the GP. Frank Carroll said it best when he said girls this tiny can rotate like a bat out of hell while the older ladies have curves and the body of a woman. But COP rewards this sadly even though Elena doesn't skate with the maturity or power of a older skater.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Her PCS is a joke. Mao, miki, caro, yuna never got that kind of pcs and they were much better skaters with better programs and better skating skills and all had 3x3.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
What was the idea behind Radionova dress? I like it anyway for her age and program
It is said briefly in this interview, but there was another one where it was more detailed
http://fsrussia.ru/news/626_elena-radionova-v-etom-sezone-budem-delat-stavku-na-stabilnost/
Basically, she is portraing a lief which flies above the ice. The lief is thrown from one side to another by wind the same way as Anna Karenina was "thrown" from one edge to another with her decisions. It was hard to translate word by word)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I really like Radionova, she is a solid jumper and lovely performer. But something about her upper body movement buggs me :unsure: I don´t know what it is exactly. Maybe her small shoulders or the fact that she has no neck. Something looks wrong. :-/

I think it has something to do with her extremely tiny bone structure: yes, she is very narrow shoulders, and relatively short neck (I think Karen Chen also has short neck which does not adds to the elegance of a skater), and legs too. That's why Radionova's legs somehow appeared (not as a fact) to be crooked because her muscles already outgrown her bones.

That made me love her more because I don't think she was born with a strong body genetically (more likely to me with very bad genetics) but considering what she has achieved so far...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Valentina MARCHEI (ITA)

Music: Torna a suriento

Off-white dress w/sparkly swirls on sleeves and back

3S
3Lz+2T
FSSp
2A
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Very nice, clean skate. She looks happy

SP: 30.11+29.14 = 59.25 (PB), 2nd out of 6

Sara

On the Ice
I hope the organizers will take that crazy screaming lady out of the audience, she is so disturbing!

Sackie

Medalist
I think Elana still skates like a JR and I find her jumps very small. So not sure why she gets high GOE and PCS!

samson

Medalist
Great work Valentina!! Anyone notice the sparkles on her tights?? The jumps looked really strong, and to me it looked like she had a true lutz edge! 60+ I'm guessing!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Don't think I am crazy, when I saw Radionova's performance, I definitely think if I have to choose one to watch out of Mao, Kim, Kostner and her, I would choose to watch Radionova. The amount of transition she does is tremendous, and she has complicated choreography.

Don't forgot the "mature" top skaters now pretty much competed at GP events when they were 14. What was wrong with that?