Pairs SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS)

Music: Titine (Modern Times soundtrack) by Stanley Black
Paris by Night (Je cherche apres Titine) by Bob Sinclair

She's in asymmetric black/white dress. He's in black pants and vest over t-shirt

3T - she fell, maybe UR. Looked twofooted and borderline << on replay
3Tw - good height
3FTh - solid
Li - nice positions
StSq
BoDs
PCoSp - last position not held long enough

Fall and problems on the last spin. They look disappointed

SP: 35.70+30.97-1.00 = 65.67, 2nd out of 7

Same as usual for Bazarova/Larionov. Some very impressive technical elements but of course she falls on 3t (possibly 3t<). Wooden, expression-less performance. Best choreography they've had so far but they couldn't sell it. Shame.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Still a very solid score for them. I really do think that the judges love them. They could be the bronze medal team at the Olys easily if they could ever skate clean.

Barb

Record Breaker
They only have rights for the US. You can subscribe to TVTeka though and watch Russian TV.

Really????, thank you :), I will to check it and I hope the information is not in russian :think:

ETA. And obviously, yes, it is all information in russian :mad:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Tribute by Eric Radford

3Tw - bit low caught
3Lz - she fell, maybe UR. Looked < on replay
Li
PCoSp
3LzTh - solid
StSq
BoDs - nice entry

Again problems with sbs jumps. Rest was solid

SP: 35.24+31.83-1.00=66.07, 2nd out of 8

tulosai

Record Breaker
Actually one good thing about my feed dying is I didn't have to see D/R.

However, I do like their death spiral in this program- glad to see from sequinsgalore's remarks it appears they've kept the entry.

A very creative program from Duhamel/Radford, full of transitions. Marcotte proving she's the best pairs choreographer, by far.

Really????, thank you :), I will to check it and I hope the information is not in russian :think:

Google Chrome will translate the whole page.

I can't wait to rage at the protocols. Let me guess. The teams who made mistakes on the triple twists got the same (or higher) GOE than the teams who executed them correctly. :mad:

Barb

Record Breaker
A very creative program from Duhamel/Radford, full of transitions. Marcotte proving she's the best pairs choreographer, by far.

Google Chrome will translate the whole page.
OK, I will try

gold12345

Medalist
Love that transition into Duhamel/Radford's death spiral! Their twist seems a little off, they usually have a better catch than that.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My favorite performance was P&B :slink: , closely followed by J&C :slink: :slink:

I cannot express how much I disliked B&L's performance-well maybe I can: the fall was the best part of it. Ripping cloth, breaking glass, but no sense of fun whatever...best element, step sequence which had really nice speed.

And will Caydee ever learn to get really down in a death spiral???? :bang:

Sackie

Medalist
Not looking good for D/R this season! And with a shaky long they could really be in trouble on not even medalling here! Looks like MT/M are the stronger Can pair team at this point. Looks like D/R are going the same route as D/D did before the last Olympics. Looked on fire and setting up well for the bronze the years leading up to the Olympics, only to drop off a bit by the time they get here!

I was analysing the protocols in my head and fell down with a bowl of soup, walking up the stairs. What a mess! :p

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well the top three are pretty even right? Can't believe the one time Morozov choreographs something decent B/L don't deliver and they've had so much time to prepare. Hopefully the LP is not a total snoozefest:disapp: