Pairs SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP - 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard

I was wrong. Some judges do in fact notice mistakes on twist lifts. ;)

Pang/Tong got some 0s and some -1s for their two-footed 3twist.

The only two clean 3twists of this event - Bazarova/Larionov's and Denney/Coughlin's - were the two highest GOE ones as well.

I hope you are okay. Sounds like kind of a pairs move go awry you know like a bad lift. Yikes.

Bruised, painful knees but I'm ok. Skating injury, haha! ;)

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order)

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN (CAN)
2. Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER)
3. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA)
4. Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)
6. Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) Short Program, 2nd Copy

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
B/L fun music, but you could feel the air whistling through that program it was so empty. He's another one of the burly truck driver types lumbering over the ice. It all seemed somewhat out of control--I expected them to collide at several points.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
D/R probably wont make the GPF
the ancient P/T still cant be beaten by them

P/T should easily win this
B/L could be dropped as Russian No.3, S/K already beaten them at a national competition last month

tulosai

Record Breaker
P/T should easily win this
B/L could be dropped as Russian No.3, S/K already beaten them at a national competition last month

They are Russia's number two and have been since last year. I know you hate them, but if they drop it will be to number 3. K/S are unfortunately done and were done last year too. I love them, especially Kavugati, so I say that with no joy, but the judges had dropped them for a few years now, and he will never recover for his injury in time for Sochi. Even in the highly unlikely that S/K manage to become Russia's number 2 above B/L this year (maybe they will even get a triple twist like the big kids have!) B/L's Oly spot is safe.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They are Russia's number two and have been since last year. I know you hate them, but if they drop it will be to number 3. K/S are unfortunately done and were done last year too. I love them, especially Kavugati, so I say that with no joy, but the judges had dropped them for a few years now, and he will never recover for his injury in time for Sochi. Even in the highly unlikely that S/K manage to become Russia's number 2 above B/L this year (maybe they will even get a triple twist like the big kids have!) B/L's Oly spot is safe.

I'm not saying K/S are still in the running for the Olympics, they wont be ready and may probably just make a one more year comeback to end their careers on a high note. B/L are safe in the Olympics team but Im just saying they could be Rus No.3 running into the Olympics, S/K have gotten a boost in PCS this season
they were very close in PCS last national event that S/K won against B/L. B/L have good lines and one of the best 3Twit but the jumps are sometimes missing
S/K have the jumps and interesting programs, if S/K get their 3twit back, they will beat B/L

DannyCurry

On the Ice
James/Cipres showed good postures and lines and expression. Movement in character of the music. Lovely basics, shame about the fall.

Pang/Tong seemed tense, possibly the opening fall has shaken them. Twist was two-footed, lift was two-footed. Great throw though. Huge and really solid. Given the mistakes they've made, TES seems to be a joke.

I think Tong was nervous in the warm-up already, because he didn't land the 3toe (or I missed it). I found Pang really classy tonight. I also liked her arm movement in the lift and pairs spin. Love the opening pose. Kids were laughing before the program started but I don't know if the skaters heard them..

As much as I love James & Cipres, that was a very disappointing performance, even more so when you saw how solid they looked in the warm-up. Vanessa is one my favorite pairs skaters ever. Hopefully, they'll come back strong in the LP.

Barazova & Larionov: Liked the lift, the rest was rather uninteresting. That guy is bulky and she's so thin. They don't look so good, in my book. Denney & Coughlin should be ahead of them.

Duhamel & Radford: I love this pair, but that SP music is plain awful. Also, they didn't look polished in this performance.

Purich & Tran: Look like a junior pair. Their throw 3 toe is super tiny.

German pair: I had never seen them before. Good performance, but tiny throw as well.

Overall, a disappointing pairs SP event. So many mistakes on the jumps..

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Re: Pang/Tong being ahead of D/R, it's not game over for D/R. P/T beat S/S in the SP when they met head to head at.. NHK? Then S/S pulled ahead in the long. There are so many competitions they're starting to get mixed up in my mind lol, since I've been following some Sr. B's, too..

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN (CAN)
2. Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER)
3. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA)
4. Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA) Short Program
6. Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) Short Program, 2nd Copy

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Haven't had a chance to watch all the vids (thank you, again, Mao88!) but caught a few on Universal Sports - pleasantly surprised by Ryan Bradley's commentary. He obviously isn't an expert when it comes to pairs, but he has such a pleasant way of speaking on air (which I'm surprised about). Hope they use him more!