Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

DannyCurry

On the Ice
How Duhamel & Radford get such high PCS, especialy when they don't skate cleanly, is beyond any comprehension. She has the style, polish, and basic skating skills of an ostrich with one broken leg, and as a team they are poorly matched. .

LOL, thanks for the good laugh!

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS LONG PROGRAM - VIDEOS - (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) Free Skate
2. Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) Free Skate
3. Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN (CAN) Free Skate
4. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA) Free Skate

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA) Free Skate
6. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) Free Skate
7. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN) Free Skate
8. Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) Free Skate

Medal Ceremony

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Denney & Coughlin: First I must say I found him quite hot in his jogging bottoms and tank top when he was warming up during the ladies practice. Then, on their generic LP, they looked solid, but nothing really stood out from their performance. Her facial expression was often OTT in my opinion.
All of the ladies pairs skaters out of that particular Colorado Camp do it. Their coach seems to require it. I HATE IT. Caitlyn was the only one who didn't drink that kool-aid, but I digress...

Art&Sport

Medalist
I really liked the final lift too but they are not attractive together. :no:

Wow, what do you think makes the French pair not attractive together? I find each of them very attractive, both separately and together. They have a great deal of charm, fire and energy together on the ice. I really enjoyed their fp, the music and the choreography. I hope Vanessa and Morgan continue to improve and to shine together on the ice.

age20

Rinkside
On the opposite I do believe he has such motivation, which you can tell from the music choice of "I dreamed a dream". Perhaps the motivation is not about China pushing or the OGM, but about proving themselves and enjoying the skates. P/T have been my favorite pair for 4-5 years as they are so special. Yes technically they have never been that superior, their programs not as complex as D/R or S/S but they kept delivering programs that touched my heart. Great music choices and dresses. This is the oldest pair ever and they are just elegant and beautiful. Pang has changed from caring more about scores to enjoying performing, watching her smile after each program makes me happy and wanna cry. Pang has been consistent this season however unfortunately Tong has not due to his knee injury. I honestly wish this team best of luck in Sochi and no matter what placement they get I will love them.
I don't think he has much choice. ;P

gottadance

On the Ice
Am I correct in thinking that if S/S win at Cof R and M/T-M come 2nd the result would be a 3 way tie for the 6th spot in the GP final between the 2 Chinese teams and D/R? If that is the case who gets the spot? Thanks to anybody who can sort this out for me !!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Am I correct in thinking that if S/S win at Cof R and M/T-M come 2nd the result would be a 3 way tie for the 6th spot in the GP final between the 2 Chinese teams and D/R? If that is the case who gets the spot? Thanks to anybody who can sort this out for me !!

A 3 way tie for 5th you mean. It would be D&R and P&Z who make it in. Sui & Han would miss out on the tiebreaker.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It doesn't matter who comes first. Either way, the top four would be
30 V/T
30 S/S
28 P/T
26 M-T/M

or

30 V/T
28 M-T/M
28 S/S
28 P/T

The last two places will go to Duhamel/Radford and Peng/Zhang based on total score.

flutzy13

On the Ice
How Duhamel & Radford get such high PCS, especialy when they don't skate cleanly, is beyond any comprehension. She has the style, polish, and basic skating skills of an ostrich with one broken leg, and as a team they are poorly matched.

Agreed I don't understand their PCS at all- especially when they're not clean. They remind me a ton of Castelli/Shnapir (height difference and all) only I find Marissa and Simon more enjoyable. D/R have harder tech content and generally more consistency. But C/S have vastly superior lift positions & Marissa has a star quality that Meaghan lacks.

Skate Canada would be wise to push MTM/M as their #1.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It's a bit frustrating to see Pang/Tong have such a huge PCS cushion.

Like I said at Cup of China, I think they've got the best Pairs program of the season! Today I showed their TEB performance to the person I'm dating and he was humming their music while we walked around later on.

Anyway, it's too bad this competition was such a mess. I hope Pang/Tong will skate their best at the Olympics.

Pang has been consistent this season

She's been cheating most of her 3toes, though.

Like I said at Cup of China, I think they've got the best Pairs program of the season!

In terms of choreography and transitions? No way. They perform it very well in terms of expression and controlled movement but the program itself is a bit sparse, IMO.

Agreed I don't understand their PCS at all- especially when they're not clean.

They arguably have the most complex choreography and the most transitions out of all Senior Pair teams.

I agree that they should be marked down on SS and PE for not having basics as good as most other top teams but as we all know, judges fail at showing variation in the PCS marks because of:

1) Anchoring
2) The Corridor

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
A rink-side observation:

Here was me (naively?) thinking the top pairs stayed in synch during spins etc... because they had simply learned to "skate as one". I've been to many competitions, but this was the first one where - presumably due to a "perfect storm" of low music volume, my position, and arena acoustics - I could clearly hear the pairs calling out the changes to each other o_O

A little bit of the magic just died :-/

On the other hand, Morgan Cipres going down into a lunge while holding Vanessa James in a one-hand-each overhead lift... added some new magic! That was a "wow" moment for me, something I'd never seen before...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
A rink-side observation:

Here was me (naively?) thinking the top pairs stayed in synch during spins etc... because they had simply learned to "skate as one". I've been to many competitions, but this was the first one where - presumably due to a "perfect storm" of low music volume, my position, and arena acoustics - I could clearly hear the pairs calling out the changes to each other o_O

A little bit of the magic just died :-/

The mics for years have picked up on the calling out the count on spins, skaters also talk to each other at times to make sure timing is still on for lifts, throws, etc... so, yeah, the magic was never really there - just appeared to be ;)

On the other hand, Morgan Cipres going down into a lunge while holding Vanessa James in a one-hand-each overhead lift... added some new magic! That was a "wow" moment for me, something I'd never seen before...

that was definitely AWESOME.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Yes it is very common to hear a pair skater calling to the partner for synchronization reasons. Occasionally an expression of love is uttered. David P told Jamie S how pretty she was. Ah, the way they were.

I learned to count 123 in various languages from watching synchro diving.

yqs100

On the Ice
She's been cheating most of her 3toes, though.

In terms of choreography and transitions? No way. They perform it very well in terms of expression and controlled movement but the program itself is a bit sparse, IMO.

They arguably have the most complex choreography and the most transitions out of all Senior Pair teams.

I agree that they should be marked down on SS and PE for not having basics as good as most other top teams but as we all know, judges fail at showing variation in the PCS marks because of:

1) Anchoring
2) The Corridor

Hi P/T hater, compared to V/T, P/T's PCS is nothing,,,,

talking about TR,,,,, do you really think V/T deserve that high TR score?

among the top pairs, i dont want but have to say V/T has the least complex TR, especially compared to S/S and D/R, can you explain why they got much higher score?