Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Interesting that we're having a 2013 Worlds Men results debate on the 2013 CoR Ladies FS page, but never mind, I'll throw my thoughts into the already confusing mix. Fernandez had the best skate of the day but was guilty of the greatest sin under IJS; popping. It destroyed his base value and it didn't help he was skating in the penultimate group. Chan was a mess and was honestly over scored in PCS, he looked quite bored aside from the prancing part of his program, aimed directly at the judges I noticed. Ten was good, but his PCS was the weakest of the three. Honestly I think Ten deserved the win overall with second place in the FS and Chan the silver with maybe 3rd in the FS. Fernandez's bronze should have been a little closer to Chan's imaginary silver, having won the FS in my magical imagination. Although honestly for a land where that would happen, I may have to begin indulging in illegal substances. ;)

It's a variation of Godwin's law. A longer a debate about skating goes on, the more likely it will be about Patrick Chan.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Are you sure that you are not biased? Julia looked quite good across the ice.

Oh I'm definitely biased, everyone is. Julia does look good across the ice but that doesn't mean she's better than Murakami who delivered a beautiful seven triple program. Not by any means.

It's a variation of Godwin's law. A longer a debate about skating goes on, the more likely it will be about Patrick Chan.

That variation doesn't take long to kick in, does it? :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Why? To me his program was far less intricate and interesting than Fernandez's. He doesn't even really start performing until the first step sequence and then he completely breaks the tone of the program at the end with those fist pumps. Fernandez matched him on jumps and was just a little behind on spins and footwork. I'd have his PCS ahead enough to compensate for that.

Fernandez's PCS would have had to be 6.62 points higher (essentially 91.92) to have beaten Ten. With a double and a singled jump, it wasn't going to happen.

zamboni step

Final Flight

Fernandez's PCS would have had to be 6.62 points higher (essentially 91.92) to have beaten Ten. With a double and a singled jump, it wasn't going to happen.

Ten's PCS was a little generous though, if it were scored fairly Fernandez would have won the FS in my opinion.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

Only assuming everything else had been scored exactly the same.

Besides, I'm not a Murakami fan. It's really not that important to me.

How incredibly reasonable of you. I still love Sasha's performances despite the falls I assume?