Tatsuki Machida | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I´m sure all the men of Team Japan are gonna look at the hair they have when young and regret it one day
I'm quite certain that phenomenon is not limited to the men of Team Japan :laugh: (most people are just lucky enough that their sins of the youth are not kept for posterity by mass media... I know I have some photos I wish wouldn't exist :biggrin: let alone have them spread all over the internet)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I'm quite certain that phenomenon is not limited to the men of Team Japan :laugh: (most people are just lucky enough that their sins of the youth are not kept for posterity by mass media... I know I have some photos I wish wouldn't exist :biggrin: let alone have them spread all over the internet)

Well yeah, the diference is nobody ever is gonna be interesting in looking at my high school picture... But to Yuzuru that hair and costumes are gonna hount him F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

mikaboo

Medalist
*gasps* :eek:

Oh well. I hope we can - at the very least - agree that The Machida Mullet circa 2008 was not a successful aesthetic choice. :biggrin:

ETA: Does anybody know any nicknames given to Tatsuki by Team Japan members, other than Philosopher?

I think Tatsuki is called "Matchy" (まっちー) by Team Japan. People whose surnames are "Machida" are often called that.
But I heard Daisuke call him "Tatsuki" and Yuzuru call him "Tatsuki-kun" so maybe not all of them all the time.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Thanks for the info mikaboo.

"Matchy" brings to my mind the image of a matchstick which would have been fitting had Tatsuki continued with that bouffant ("mushroom') haristyle he's been sporting for most of the last season. (Hehe, realize we keep on discussing the Japanese male figure skaters and their hair, which perhaps deserves a separate thread all its own :biggrin:.)

nimi

Medalist
^ Matchy sounds fine, and it sort of echos the Firebird theme!

Everybody who finds adorkable pics of Matchy&co's hairdos should definitely post them in the Team Japan thread. :biggrin:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
LOL I was thinking of matcha when you guys suggested Matchy :laugh: but anyway I hope we get to see more of his fiery elegance in his future programs!

mikaboo

Medalist
I wasn't sure how to spell まっちー in English. Macchy or Matchy? But anyway I'm glad you brought up "matcha" because that's what it sounds similar to ;)
I confirmed on this video that the girls call him "Matchy" :) (and are imitating his hand moves in silence)
http://youtu.be/c5kX1JW7J4M?t=4m11s

One another note, Kansai Univ. has announced that Takahashi, Machida, Oda are going to be awarded for their accomplishments from the Dean of the university on April 21st.
There will also be a talk event with the three of them afterwards.
http://www.boom-sports.com/archives/52275063.html
(The photo is from 2010 after Vancouver Olympics when Takahashi and Oda were awarded from the Dean)
I hope we can see the talk event on video or at least a written report of it sometime later.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Thank you Mikaboo for the update, and I'll make sure to watch out for the awarding ceremonies for three of my favorite skaters.

BTW I saw on Tumblr this fanart of Tatsuki and Yuzuru (http://heltra91.tumblr.com/image/82819450459) and am curious to know what the Japanese captions mean. Can you please help out in translating if it's not too much trouble? Thank you.

mikaboo

Medalist
^Thank you Mikaboo for the update, and I'll make sure to watch out for the awarding ceremonies for three of my favorite skaters.

BTW I saw on Tumblr this fanart of Tatsuki and Yuzuru (http://heltra91.tumblr.com/image/82819450459) and am curious to know what the Japanese captions mean. Can you please help out in translating if it's not too much trouble? Thank you.

No trouble at all!
Tatsuki: ...Yuzuru, chikai jama = Yuzuru, you're too close, you're in the way (you're disturbing me)
Yuzuru: Tatsuki-kun, the camera, the camera!!

On the book Tatsuki is reading, it says "Manual" but is that a picture of a mushroom on the cover?
If so, he might be reading a manual on how to handle Yuzuru? Just a wild guess though :biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Thanks again Mikaboo! So funny, captures the image of Tatsuki as serious, with Yuzuru being the exuberant kid. Of course both of them have serious and playful sides. Love them both. :)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
No trouble at all!
Tatsuki: ...Yuzuru, chikai jama = Yuzuru, you're too close, you're in the way (you're disturbing me)
Yuzuru: Tatsuki-kun, the camera, the camera!!

On the book Tatsuki is reading, it says "Manual" but is that a picture of a mushroom on the cover?
If so, he might be reading a manual on how to handle Yuzuru? Just a wild guess though :biggrin:

Haha if is that what it´s mean is really cute

Thak you mikaboo for the translation and Maria Victoria for the image

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Welcome celestecruz. The image comes from heltra91's Tumblr blog with Twitter as source so thanks to heltra91. BTW I've noticed there are a number of fanart works of Tatsuki and Yuzuru together coming out, and it's a real treat for fans of both. I guess their 1-2 nailbiting finish at Worlds was the impetus for that.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

mikaboo

Medalist
Machida showed his new exhibition program "Je te veux" for the first time today at Prince Ice World held at Shin-Yokohama Skate Center.
According to the article, he was inspired by a photo taken by a French photographer and choreographed the program himself. He was so nervous about the result, that he thought he could throw up anytime since 3 days ago. The crowd cheered for him and he had good feedbacks so he is now a little relieved. He wanted a program that people could watch while drinking at a cafe.
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2014/04/26/gazo/G20140426008046880.html
The cigarette!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Oh thanks mikaboo for this update! What is it with Japanese male figure skaters and French themed programs, well at least Yuzuru with PW and NDP and now this from Tatsuki? I wish we can have a video of his exhibition as I so want to know how Tatsuki's choreography is influenced by Stephane Lambiel and Phillip Mills, both of whom he looks up to.

PS Actually he looks like one of the characters from "The Untouchables" to me with that fedora hat and trenchcoat! Hope that cigarette isn't lighted, smoking is dangerous to one's health! ;)