Tatsuki Machida | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

mikaboo

Medalist
This person tweeted last week that Machida will be making his debut as a researcher on Sunday. He was scheduled to make a presentation on "Figure skating and copyright law: Toward the establishment of copyright management in the sports world". (google translated)
He later tweeted that Machida's presentation was great (and you can google translate the rest :hopelessness:)

I hope we get to hear/read about it in more details soon!

Meoima

Match Penalty
This person tweeted last week that Machida will be making his debut as a researcher on Sunday. He was scheduled to make a presentation on "Figure skating and copyright law: Toward the establishment of copyright management in the sports world". (google translated)
He later tweeted that Machida's presentation was great (and you can google translate the rest :hopelessness:)

I hope we get to hear/read about it in more details soon!
I wonder what he talks about FS and copyright? Choreography and music copyright?
I have never heard of choreography copyright though.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Time flies really fast. I haven't visited this place for a long time, but never forgotten him. I didn't watch this year's men's competition at Japanese National at all.. no reason to watch for me. The placement went exactly same as many expected though.

His abrupt retirement at Nationals last year is still bitter. Every time I happen to listen to Beethoven's symphony No. 9, I automatically recall him.

Last edited:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
A year ago I was waiting for JSF decision and didn't care about what was fair, I just wanted Machida at worlds. :sad21:

Today I uploaded my first fan video. I got zero editing skills, but I miss Machida and these programs that I watched and rewatched.
I hope you like it.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
A year ago I was waiting for JSF decision and didn't care about what was fair, I just wanted Machida at worlds. :sad21:

Today I uploaded my first fan video. I got zero editing skills, but I miss Machida and these programs that I watched and rewatched.
I hope you like it.

I got emotional watching it. Tatsuki is indeed "rare and beautiful" as a skater like the precious diamond Phillip Mills likened him to. "Just sparkles"!

Thank you Sylvia for this wonderful gift to us Tatsuki fans. Congratulations too on your first fan video. Well done! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker

I hope you like it.

This is beautiful. I will tweet it to the Japanese fans and say it's from a Romanian fan :agree: I also hope you don't mind me posting it on my tatsuki-machida.tumblr.com blog.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I hope you like it.

It is very touching and beautiful. I got sentimental while watching it. Thank for your work!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thank you very much for tweeting it and posting on the blog!

Also, thanks everyone for the nice words. I'm glad you liked it. :thank:

thank you for your beautiful video! none of our fans forget him... not only his splendid performances themselves, but his sprit just made me cry...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I stop by here because I misread Tatsuki's schedule and I thought his new appearance would be on MArch 3-5, not MAy. Haha...silly me. I might've been too tired to correctly read the news.

Anyway, shockingly this thread doesn't reach 100 pages yet, so I want to warm this place a little bit until seeing the big 100. :)
One page holds 15 posts, so 12 posts more to go!

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I stop by here because I misread Tatsuki's schedule and I thought his new appearance would be on MArch 3-5, not MAy. Haha...silly me. I might've been too tired to correctly read the news.

Anyway, shockingly this thread doesn't reach 100 pages yet, so I want to warm this place a little bit until seeing the big 100. :)
One page holds 15 posts, so 12 posts more to go!

:) Well March is also an auspicious month for Tatsuki as it is the month of his birth (March 9) and also of his to me most glorious moment as a skater, his silver finish at 2014 Worlds (March 28), which could have easily been gold. So Advance Happy Birthday to my forever favorite Firebird Tatsuki!

His personal motto of "Timshel" ("thou mayest" ) in his own handwriting: https://www.facebook.com/tvasahifig...0636491746069/305161862960197/?type=1&theater . Tatsuki really lived that motto by his sudden and startling transformation from an inconsistent skater to a strong contender in his 20th year as a skater. Because of him, I find it difficult to write off a skater as she or he may still blossom, like he did, relatively late in her or his career.

This is Tatsuki's performance where I became a fan, his 2013 SA SP set to "East of Eden" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjU8vxeknL4, which I think deserves to stand alongside the great Kwan's. He said that while he was skating it, he was picturing in his mind's eye the wind blowing across the plain of Salinas.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:) Well March is also an auspicious month for Tatsuki as it is the month of his birth (March 9) and also of his to me most glorious moment as a skater, his silver finish at 2014 Worlds (March 28), which could have easily been gold. So Advance Happy Birthday to my forever favorite Firebird Tatsuki!

His personal motto of "Timshel" ("thou mayest" ) in his own handwriting: https://www.facebook.com/tvasahifig...0636491746069/305161862960197/?type=1&theater . Tatsuki really lived that motto by his sudden and startling transformation from an inconsistent skater to a strong contender in his 20th year as a skater. Because of him, I find it difficult to write off a skater as she or he may still blossom, like he did, relatively late in her or his career.

This is Tatsuki's performance where I became a fan, his 2013 SA SP set to "East of Eden" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjU8vxeknL4, which I think deserves to stand alongside the great Kwan's. He said that while he was skating it, he was picturing in his mind's eye the wind blowing across the plain of Salinas.

I'm really impressed by your sincere and delicate post. Thanks! Indeed, the month is also special for us because we adore him so much. We can celebrate his birthday from now on. :biggrin: This Worlds will be wrapped up in the early April, but I also can't help but think about him whenever Worlds comes closer. His mother would be proud of his son.

His East of Eden also made me become his fan. Whenever I want to see him, I watch a clip of his World showing with the British commentaries on YouTube. They gushed over how great his performance was, and the quality of executions. I'm thankful to share our feeling s and anticipation on his performances and thoughts behind his programs here.