Tatsuki Machida | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
As a fan who has been supporting him and defending him left and right while he was still competing, I am glad people still remember him warmly and praise his graceful presence in the sport. On the anniversary of his retirement, I made two gifsets in his honor

One that described my feelings as a fan

and

One that described his team mates' feelings

Wow, the main design of the fan tumblr has been changed since I visited the last time. You might've worked hard to keep that up. I really appreciate all your efforts for keeping this fan page not only on GS but tumblr. That must require a lot of time and your passion. The gif fanarts in the first article seem discreetly selected from his performances and contain highlights of them. I love the captions in the fanarts, which suit the images very well. In the second one, a lot of touching remarks from his compatriots and competitors are gathered. Time flies really fast..

ioanna

Record Breaker
Wow, the main design of the fan tumblr has been changed since I visited the last time. You might've worked hard to keep that up. I really appreciate all your efforts for keeping this fan page not only on GS but tumblr. That must require a lot of time and your passion. The gif fanarts in the first article seem discreetly selected from his performances and contain highlights of them. I love the captions in the fanarts, which suit the images very well. In the second one, a lot of touching remarks from his compatriots and competitors are gathered. Time flies really fast..

Thank you. When he retired, I made a promise to myself and other Tatsuki fans that his retirement wouldn't be the end of my blog. The captions in the fanarts are taken from Coldplay's "A Sky Full Of Stars", a song that has been on my mind since Tatsuki himself skated to it in the group number at Carnival on Ice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Qxy8KySXM

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thank you. When he retired, I made a promise to myself and other Tatsuki fans that his retirement wouldn't be the end of my blog. The captions in the fanarts are taken from Coldplay's "A Sky Full Of Stars", a song that has been on my mind since Tatsuki himself skated to it in the group number at Carnival on Ice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Qxy8KySXM

Thanks! Every captions in the fanarts then have some association with Tatsuki. You're are really thoughtful. I hope he visits the tumblr someday (or maybe he would already do that), so he can feel how much you and his fans love him. :)

Prince Ice World Yokohama has revealed the show's promotional poster. Tatsuki is coming back!
https://twitter.com/piw_in_yokohama/status/705616444696895488
Thanks for the heads up. Tatsuki's position is placed conspicuously in the poster.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Tatsuki! :hb:

I wish all the best for you in the future on your 26th birthday.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Tatsuki! Wishing you well in all your endeavors both academic and skating wise.

I look forward to seeing you again on the ice skating your choreography. I know that when I do I will once again be moved by you.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Tatsuki. It's been 5 months since I last saw you skate (actually the last time I saw you in public) and just a year and a half ago I was scared of this scenario happening. I knew you would disappear from the public eye way before you said it yourself. All of your retired team mates are seen on television doing commercials, reports and commentary and you are the only one living an ordinary student life, studying and researching. I still feel your absence and it's a bitter feeling, but on the other hand I'm happy that you are pursuing your dreams and doing what your heart is telling you to do. Being your age, you're quite the role model for me.

Although gone unnoticed or ignored by many people while you were competing, to me you were a star, a diamond full of sparkles as Phillip Mills put it. Lord knows how many times I defended your skating and vision. Your passion and commitment to your programs have brought magical programs and performances. I am thankful that you still think of your fans and you make up for your absence offering unique programs like The Inheritor. It's hard to forget the tears of gratefulness you shed as you realized the love and support of your fans was bigger than you ever imagined.

See you in a couple of months, philosopher prince. Until then, I made this little gifset for you.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm just wondering if this post would be the first post in the 100th page. ;)
---------------

Edit: Yep, it indeed is. We also can celebrate breaking the big 100! :cheer:

Last edited:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is Tatsuki's performance where I became a fan, his 2013 SA SP set to "East of Eden" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjU8vxeknL4, which I think deserves to stand alongside the great Kwan's. He said that while he was skating it, he was picturing in his mind's eye the wind blowing across the plain of Salinas.

Wow, gorgeous! Hadn't caught that particular performance of his before, so thank you:love:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thank you for deepking updating information and making post! :luv17:

Just beautiful.. Perfect... :love:

Saw him at Skate America 2014. He was incredible!

Wow, you are a lucky guy! SA 2014 is his last nealy perfect performance at competitions. I was really excited to see his program... (At that time, i never thought he would do last dance at Nationals 2014.)

This is Tatsuki's performance where I became a fan, his 2013 SA SP set to "East of Eden" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjU8vxeknL4, which I think deserves to stand alongside the great Kwan's. He said that while he was skating it, he was picturing in his mind's eye the wind blowing across the plain of Salinas.
Wow, gorgeous! Hadn't caught that particular performance of his before, so thank you:love:

Thanks for sharing the beautiful words. I didn't know his insight to the work to such a deep extend. I will never have such a skater..:cry:

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for deepking updating information and making post! :luv17:

Just beautiful.. Perfect... :love:

Wow, you are a lucky guy! SA 2014 is his last nealy perfect performance at competitions. I was really excited to see his program... (At that time, i never thought he would do last dance at Nationals 2014.)

Thanks for sharing the beautiful words. I didn't know his insight to the work to such a deep extend. I will never have such a skater..:cry:

The Skate America 2014 crowd went crazy after he skated and gave him a well-deserved standing ovation. It was a thrill to share in his moment.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
The Skate America 2014 crowd went crazy after he skated and gave him a well-deserved standing ovation. It was a thrill to share in his moment.

Thank you for sharing your precious experience vividly!:luv17: Proverbly he loves SA. SA2013 brought him the success of Olympic year. Of course i can never forget the great Mills.. I want to say thank you to all the peple who worked for his performances.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thank you for sharing your precious experience vividly!:luv17: Proverbly he loves SA. SA2013 brought him the success of Olympic year. Of course i can never forget the great Mills.. I want to say thank you to all the peple who worked for his performances.

He had competed in Skate America from 2012 to 2014 until he retired, and won a medal every year. I also believe he would cherish his experience and memory regarding SA. :agree:

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
He had been competed in Skate America from 2012 to 2014 until he retired, and won medals every year. I also believe he would cherish his experience and memory regarding SA. :agree:

Oh, he took the title at SA2012 also? 3 years in a row! It shows how he was loved by this GS and it was a kind of lucky charm!:)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He had been competed in Skate America from 2012 to 2014 until he retired, and won medals every year. I also believe he would cherish his experience and memory regarding SA. :agree:

I was actually at Skate America 2014 to support Jason Brown. But Tatsuki took gold (convincingly) by 35 points over Jason, with Nam Nguyen from Canada winning the bronze. The mostly American crowd was appreciative of great skating, no matter what country the competitor was from. Plus the venue is about 20 minutes from my house. How wonderful can things be?! A great memory.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Oh, he took the title at SA2012 also? 3 years in a row! It shows how he was loved by this GS and it was a kind of lucky charm!:)
No, he didn't win SA 2012. It was a Japanese sweep; gold for Takahiko Kozuka, silver for Yuzuru Hanyu and bronze for Tatsuki Machida. That bronze was the first GP medal he won in his career.