Tatsuki Machida | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

ioanna

Record Breaker
As I've been expecting all this time, Shoma Uno's SP today managed to make me miss Tatsuki in competition terribly. In a few months it's going to be 2 years since he retired yet every once in a while someone or something sends me back to that nostalgic feeling. So I decided to rewatch his Ladies In Lavender program from every competition he entered and it's like rediscovering his unique style, performance and presence on the ice.

High quality videos of Ladies In Lavender

Skate America 2014
Trophee Eric Bompard 2014
Grand Prix Final 2014
Japanese Nationals 2014

Just stunning. Every performance was coming from the bottom of his heart.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
As I've been expecting all this time, Shoma Uno's SP today managed to make me miss Tatsuki in competition terribly. In a few months it's going to be 2 years since he retired yet every once in a while someone or something sends me back to that nostalgic feeling. So I decided to rewatch his Ladies In Lavender program from every competition he entered and it's like rediscovering his unique style, performance and presence on the ice.

High quality videos of Ladies In Lavender

Skate America 2014
Trophee Eric Bompard 2014
Grand Prix Final 2014
Japanese Nationals 2014

Just stunning. Every performance was coming from the bottom of his heart.
I agree. And Shoma is quite brave to do the program so shortly after Tatsuki.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I agree. And Shoma is quite brave to do the program so shortly after Tatsuki.

If I recall correctly, it was Mihoko Higuchi who chose the music and he didn't even remember who skated to it before, although the music was familiar. :laugh: He was there in the stands with Sota Yamamoto during the senior men's SP at the 2014 Grand Prix Final and saw Tatsuki's program but completely forgot about it.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
If I recall correctly, it was Mihoko Higuchi who chose the music and he didn't even remember who skated to it before, although the music was familiar. :laugh: He was there in the stands with Sota Yamamoto during the senior men's SP at the 2014 Grand Prix Final and saw Tatsuki's program but completely forgot about it.
Haha, they probably have to answer a couple questions now because of that. Because ... well ... Tatsuki's choreo and interpretation is better. :cool: And I remember that some fans preferred Mao's program.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Guys..while I appreciate you for keeping the place live, every time a new post comes up here, I expected posts related to Tatsuki... Anything related to Shoma Uno should be dealt on his fan fest.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Guys..while I appreciate you for keeping the place live, every time a new post comes up here, I expected posts related to Tatsuki... Anything related to Shoma Uno should be dealt on his fan fest.
So you think we should write in Shoma's fan fest that we remember Tatsuki's "Ladies in Lavender" because Shoma skates to it this season? And should I add that I like Tatsuki's choreo and interpretation better than Shoma's (not that Shoma's is bad, I like Shoma's version, I just like Tatsuki's version better)? How would that be appropriate? :scratch2: Or should we start a whole new thread regarding the best interpretation of "Ladies in Lavender"?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
So you think we should write in Shoma's fan fest that we remember Tatsuki's "Ladies in Lavender" because Shoma skates to it this season? And should I add that I like Tatsuki's choreo and interpretation better than Shoma's (not that Shoma's is bad, I like Shoma's version, I just like Tatsuki's version better)? How would that be appropriate? :scratch2: Or should we start a whole new thread regarding the best interpretation of "Ladies in Lavender"?

No. I think your posts are pertinent to our Tatsuki, and but I don't really see a point on the posts as to why Uno didn't remember Tatsuki's program or what personality he has, sort of things on TATSUKI"s fan fest. Had the music choice been up to not Uno's choice and his team's such decision is not known for Tatsuki's influence, and then that is no relation to Tatsuki any more. Frankly speaking, that answer made me roll my eyes but I didn't want to say negative about the skater's choice that has nothing to do with Tatsuki on Tatsuki's fan fest. Therefore, I said the subject can be discussed on Uno's fan fest by those who love Uno. That's all.

ioanna

Record Breaker
But the truth is that I'm more or less the only one still posting here every time something new happens - which isn't that often - and there aren't any actual Tatsuki discussions going on anymore. That said, if people would start discussions or share opinions about Tatsuki, it would be great. But he's retired and living a private life so the quietness in this thread is understandable. The posters who used to be active here have also been missing for a while.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've always appreciated your sincere devotion for keeping the place with updates, but you'd not be happy if you hear your another favorite gets unfavorable comments or criticism on his program or intention for the choice (at this point likely by me..but I will reserve judgement until Skate America), especially on other skaters' fan fests. Though one thing I appreciate about Uno's team is they awaken me about how much I've missed Tatsuki and probably is gonna miss him more as the season goes.

Last edited: