Tatsuki Machida | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

sakurano

Final Flight
I liked this program Bolero although the beginning seems strange with the sounds of the forest that seems to agree with his theme, he really knows how to tell a story.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Just saw the program as well and I'm amazed at how consistently Machida knows how to push my buttons... There hasn't been one project of his I haven't loved... I truly think he's one of those skaters whose creativity is better served outside of a competition format. Anyone else remember his divine Don Quixote show program?

aname

On the Ice
I guess I should have seen this coming, given his academic ambitions, but... Damn. :(

I will miss him greatly, too.

Zenchio63

Final Flight

ioanna

Record Breaker

lady_bee

Medalist
Tatsuki's announcement about his last program, "La condition humaine:Mahler, Adagietto", from his website.

It will be performed tomorrow......
The music is perfect for his very last performance, but I am still hoping him to change his mind:sad21:.

ioanna

Record Breaker
We still have to find out what is his other program but the one at Carnival On Ice and his final is indeed perfect to end his career.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was having a rough day for no particular reason, but in the evening I watched this program and it really helped me gather my thoughts. --So of course I had to do a sketch of it too.
http://figureskating-in-color.tumblr.com/post/178852094907/the-human-condition-pen-sketch-of-machida
Each program is so amazing, it can be watched over again and sort of meditated on. They aren't built like this anywhere else. -Machida only. I'm still holding out hope that he'll make a return to the ice some years down the road.

Last edited:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
One of Tatsuki's programs has been uploaded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaIAFSgmzXU

Thank you. Just beautiful! :love: Only Tatsuki can do this type of music justice with his regal skating and balletic arms, wearing a lovely white shirt with flowers! It is such a joy to see him hop across the ice, lustrous hair rustling, performing a skating ceremony to the deities, celebrating the beauty of life. It's a real privilege to watch his skating. He will be dearly missed!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Tatsuki's final program, The Human Condition. A masterpiece that has to be seen by everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwxZUKmbx5g

Wow! What a spectacular performance by Tatsuki! He is truly an artist, a visionary & a poet on skates.
The rustling fabric on his shirt reminds me of butterflies or dove wings, as he skated to the heavens. It's as if he was transported to another planet, and he was communicating to the stars through his skating. Despite the trials and tribulations of being a human, the beauty and dignity of our souls will persist. The ending signified his desire to return to earth, as he reached up to the flying saucer. Tatsuki's skating does that to one's imagination. :biggrin: Once again, what a privilege it was to see his skating! Thank you, Tatsuki, for that masterpiece!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
I was having a rough day for no particular reason, but in the evening I watched this program and it really helped me gather my thoughts. --So of course I had to do a sketch of it too.
http://figureskating-in-color.tumblr.com/post/178852094907/the-human-condition-pen-sketch-of-machida
..... I'm still holding out hope that he'll make a return to the ice some years down the road.

Thank you for sharing your lovely sketch of Tatsuki. Love the hair! You are very talented. Hope your day is better.

Each program is so amazing, it can be watched over again and sort of meditated on. They aren't built like this anywhere else. Machida only.

Totally agree! They are masterpieces.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Each program is so amazing, it can be watched over again and sort of meditated on. They aren't built like this anywhere else. -Machida only. I'm still holding out hope that he'll make a return to the ice some years down the road.

This looks amazing and it captures Tatsuki perfectly. Thank you.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you for sharing your lovely sketch of Tatsuki. Love the hair! You are very talented. Hope your day is better.

Totally agree! They are masterpieces.

This looks amazing and it captures Tatsuki perfectly. Thank you.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. -There were really so many moments to choose from. I'll need to revisit it again in the future for more sketches. :points: