2014 US Eastern Sectionals - Ashburn VA, Nov 20-23 | Golden Skate

2014 US Eastern Sectionals - Ashburn VA, Nov 20-23

Is Annabelle Morozov by any chance Tricky Nicky's daughter?

Low score for Cannuscio/Bramante. :(

Very close scores for top 3 Senior Men. Interestingly they all got Lv4 for pretty much all of their elements. I wonder whether the panel was quite lenient or whether they really hit all of the criteria. Congratulations to Hochstein on 4toe in the FS (his first?).

Great performances from the top 4 Senior Ladies in the SP. Again mostly Lv4s for them. A disaster for Siraj in the FS but she managed to qualify. Extremely impressive FS (and SP) from Chiera, for a skater who didn't even compete at Nats last year. Her performances would have won almost all of ISU Nationals.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is Annabelle Morozov by any chance Tricky Nicky's daughter?

Low score for Cannuscio/Bramante. :(

Very close scores for top 3 Senior Men. Interestingly they all got Lv4 for pretty much all of their elements. I wonder whether the panel was quite lenient or whether they really hit all of the criteria. Congratulations to Hochstein on 4toe in the FS (his first?).

Great performances from the top 4 Senior Ladies in the SP. Again mostly Lv4s for them. A disaster for Siraj in the FS but she managed to qualify. Extremely impressive FS (and SP) from Chiera, for a skater who didn't even compete at Nats last year. Her performances would have won almost all of ISU Nationals.

Annabelle is indeed his daughter.

Hochstein hit a 4T-2T at the U.S. International Classic as well, but with negative GOE: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2013/68594/CAT002SEG003.html

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Unless her parents upload a vid to youtube.

This sometimes happens. Search occasionally on youtube for her. It may show up.

Thank you for the link Mrs. P. She gets really impressive height on those jumps, very nice!

It's a shame she didn't get an international event this season.

P.S. That video made me smile, the intro looks like an 80s time warp. :D

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I never heard about Chiera before. Interesting are her results in the last two years:

2013 U.S. South Atlantic Novice Regionals 5 (98.91)
2012 U.S. South Atlantic Novice Regionals 6 (92.83)

Can anyone explain what happened with her?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ice Network story on Chiera.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/11/26/64222788

To accelerate her progress, Chiera had to get busy. After her disappointing performance at regionals last season, she and her coaches sat down and came to a decision: Since she already had the triple jumps, why not move up a level? She took her junior test shortly thereafter, and in January took her senior test.
"I think maybe we gave her two days off after those regionals," said Melnichenko, who handles Chiera's choreography and spins. "We told her, 'One bad performance doesn't have to stop you from achieving your goals.'"
Typically, coaches like to take conservative approaches with their skaters and have them get competition experience at each level, but Chiera's didn't want to wait. In addition to Melnichenko, Chiera's coaching team includes Artem Torgashev, who focuses on Chiera's jumps, and Curtis Chornopyski, who works with the jumping harness.
"We just really wanted to push her and challenge her," Melnichenko said.

macy

Record Breaker
she has really nice jumps but i'm not really impressed with the rest. she has work to do. but good for her for making it to nationals, i hope she can hold up under the pressure.

Wow, so she's never even qualified for Novice Sectionals in the past and here she is winning Senior Sectionals. Well done! :)

Yes, the PCS side of things does need work. Her movement isn't very refined and the choreography is a little generic but she's still young and her improvement from last season in the jumping department at least is really impressive.

I hope she can do well at Nationals and maybe get some international competitions next season. She will still be JGP eligible so maybe there'll be a spot for her there.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Wow, so she's never even qualified for Novice Sectionals in the past and here she is winning Senior Sectionals. Well done! :)

I found in her competitive history a success. She is a 2010 US juvenile vice-champion. :)