Men SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Icey

Record Breaker
That's one of the things that bothers me about skating. An outcome in a sport should never be influenced by location but that's skating for ya.

Is it really? Or is that just a persistent myth.? Why would judges from other countries do such a thing? There are advantages to skating on home turf, but I really don't think they have much to do with the judging. Scientific studies about this have been done in other sports (team sports), I wish someone would do one in skating.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
In the case of a Zayak violation, the tech panel needs to manually downgrade the lowest-scoring jump(s) in violation so that there is no longer a violation. That's the only way for the scores to accurately reflect what the skater did. None of this crap about entire jumping passes being worth 0 points. There's no reason why one of Nobunari Oda's extra Triple Toeloops at 2011 Worlds couldn't have just been scored as a double (thereby removing the zayak violation) and in this case with Machida, his doubled quad attempt should have just been scored as a single, giving him full credit for the 3Lutz+2Toe.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ooops

I didnt say a clean Chan in the short cant beat a clean Hanyu. Of course he can, he did easily a few weeks ago. I just think the reverse is also true, especialy in Japan. That was my only point. I dont think at all it is certain Chan was going to be given a 100+ when his spectacular SP at Worlds in CANADA (which is one of the 3 top countries in home cooked scores, along with Japan, and of course both behind the clear leader Russia) didnt even get that. Hanyu set a new SP WR so of course he has a chance vs anyone in the short. I think in the short both skating cleanly anything can happen, but in the long Chan would win for sure due to PCS (although if both skate a clean LP here I am pretty sure Hanyu will now win due to his short program gap).

And the so called expert is wrong...yet again...