Men SP - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 Russian Championships

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
IKR! But c'mon, here, his "artistry" purely consisted of crossovers until he was done jumping. But as I said, I can still see him get 9.32 in TR and find that cute ;)

:laugh: @ 9.32 for TR and 9.60 for CH. I know it's nationals with inflation but that's ridiculous. Even Hanyu at Japanese Nationals didn't score so high and his SP is way more intricate and with better/more transitions. Kovtun should only be 3-4 points behind IMO.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LP start orders

1. Samarin
2. Lazukin
3. Milyukov
4. Borodulin
5. Kurbanov
6. Sezganov

7. Dmitriev
8. Petrov
9. Menshov
10. Gorshkov
11. Gachinsky
12. Kvitelashvili

13. Plushenko
14. Voronov
15. Bush
16. Kovtun
17. Kolyada
18. Pitkeev

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Plyshenko pops jumps commonly??? That's the weirdest statement I ve ever read. Has he ever popped one? The common for him and that ' s not even so frequent is to double his lutz or salchow at the very end of his lp.
I m in love with his axel since ever, he never disappoints me.
I meant double, not pop, sorry for the confusion. My point was that he sometimes leaves points on the table, but the judges have him some cushion to do that.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I meant double, not pop, sorry for the confusion. My point was that he sometimes leaves points on the table, but the judges have him some cushion to do that.

I pointed it out cause it is a big difference in marks between popping a jumping and doubling it. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
:laugh: @ 9.32 for TR and 9.60 for CH. I know it's nationals with inflation but that's ridiculous. Even Hanyu at Japanese Nationals didn't score so high and his SP is way more intricate and with better/more transitions. Kovtun should only be 3-4 points behind IMO.

Well, he's 5,33 (I think? My maths "skills" are absolutely awful... ) behind, so that's not such a big discrepancy, then...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Plushenko's jumps were just BRILLIANT!!! So easy, so effortless. The rest of the program is garbage, JMHO.

ITA. Wow. The Freeskate will be more of a test but Evegeni is still showing everyone how its done when quads and triple axels are concerned.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Evegeni is still showing everyone how its done when quads and triple axels are concerned.

Yup.
Only problem: If his LP is structured like his SP, then he'll be done with the jumps after 2 minutes.
What will he do for the rest of the programme?
He can roll his hips for 2,5 minutes straight, that seems to be his most choreographic move. Strike that, it's a transition. Has to be, right? ;)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Yup.
Only problem: If his LP is structured like his SP, then he'll be done with the jumps after 2 minutes.
What will he do for the rest of the programme?
He can roll his hips for 2,5 minutes straight, that seems to be his most choreographic move. Strike that, it's a transition. Has to be, right? ;)

He had a 3/5 layout earlier in the season. It was written about here a lot.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Judging by the practice he seems to have a 4-4 layout. As in 4 jumps reeled off in a row in the first half and 4 jumps reeled off in a row in the second half.

Thank you for sharing all the videos, Kutien. It's very much appreciated.

4toe/3toe was ok [0], 3axel and 3lutz were near perfect [2] and you could use them to show other skaters how it should be done. The control he had on the landings was incredible.

Other than the jumps, everything else is still lacking. He was quite slow for a skater of this standard, choreography was basic (jumps front-loaded, third jumping pass in the same spot as the first) and there were hardly any transitions. Not much happening in between the required elements. Steps and spins were slow.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Arent they all do the same? on 3-5 layout it is even worse in the second half.

Very true! Like almost all skaters -ladies and men don't start off he second half of their programs with4 or 5 jumps in a row with no transitions in between and nothing goin on but 4 or 5 jumps in a row!