Ladies SP - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 Russian Championships

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe Adelina's saving the best for last. ;) I like the costume she wore when she debuted her SP at THE ICE show. At least, it looks quite nice in picture.
In any case, I'm glad that Adelina delivered. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope she nails everything in the free-skate segment.

No no no no no :no: I prayed she would ditch that and she did. Don't give her ideas!

LeCygne

Final Flight
What's up with Polina Korobeynikova this season? Did she not qualify for Nationals? I know she withdrew from her GP assignment.. has she competed at all this season?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What's up with Polina Korobeynikova this season? Did she not qualify for Nationals? I know she withdrew from her GP assignment.. has she competed at all this season?

Here is the explanation I gave when Mrs. P asked the same in the Predictions thread:

Aw, Polina K didn't qualify for nationals?! That is such a bummer.

Here is the explanation:

Korobeynikova withdrew from her GP event, therefore did not get in automatically (those who attend GP event get spot automatically). She competed at two Russian Cup events and placed 8th and 3rd, so she did not have enough points to qualify but she is the first alternate.

hanca is being a bit diplomatic here. Korobeynikova did not withdraw from the GP's herself - it was the Federation that withdrew her entries because she did not do as well as they expected in her first Nationals qualifier (8th).

As hanca pointed out, Polina K went on to get a podium in her second qualifier. But, the decision had already been made to send Gosviani to GP's instead, and it wouldn't have been fair on Nikol for the chance to be offered, and then whipped away.

So, it's the Federation's fault for not having enough faith in Polina K in the first place. :bang:

But, I'm totally biased, as I am a fan of Polina K! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

zamboni step - So I went to an Indian restaurant to have a posh meal to treat myself for Christmas and once the booze kicked in, I had this 'epiphany.' ;)

I remember Volchkova being unusually tall for a skater when she was competing. Maybe she did indeed extend a helping hand to taller skaters, having been in their shoes herself?

I forgot the other point I wanted to make (it's probably the Christmas booze again :p).

I just watched Leonova's SP.

The typical Morozovian choreography was terrible (front loaded, element layout not balanced, lack of transitions, blah blah blah).

HOWEVER.

I haven't seen Leonova skate with so much joy, confidence and attack in ages. And tons of PERK! She was incredible.

3toe/3toe was HUGE, 2axel was solid and 3flip was ok. But more importantly, the presentation, the performance was just second to none.

Congrats to her for proving everybody that doubted she still had it in her (including me)! Show the youngsters how it's done, Grandma Leonova! :party2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's better than her current LP dress, that dress is awful.

see i think the one at 'the ice' is the worse one. it's ill fitting and too revealing (panty line; looks like she has on a thong near that black lace part), plus its hideous. it also makes her look younger (with that hairdo). so it does not work for me. she should use the burgandy dress with the pink tail which makes her look more mature, IMO.