Ice Dance FD - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 Russian Championships

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I think I finally understand Bobrova/Soloviev's Free Dance:
Before, I thought they were just 2 frightened birds. :scratch:
Now I got it: First, they're 2 frightened birds. Then, she gets shot. And then, they're both relaxed and not afraid anymore. :unsure:
Seriously. Who comes up with this stuff?
But congrats for the win.

deneuved

On the Ice
It's because there are certain very vocal posters on here who hate Bobrova and Soloviev and love Ilinykh and Katsalapov to the point where they can't see any of the mistakes that I/K make and can't see that B/S can do anything well.

Yep, and often the reasons why people love skaters have nothing to do with their skating :p (Another example is Daisuke Takahashi, but let's not go there! :). I mean, what has happened? I/K made mistakes, but those mistakes have no consequences....they still have their tickets secured for Euros/Olympics/Worlds, so what the heck?:)

Frenchie

Medalist
It's because there are certain very vocal posters on here who hate Bobrova and Soloviev and love Ilinykh and Katsalapov to the point where they can't see any of the mistakes that I/K make and can't see that B/S can do anything well.

I can't speak for other posters, but I personally loved Bobrova/Soloviev's last year's FD. I just feel very irritated with this year's. :scratch:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Iliykh isnt part of the monster

Well the team just doesn't work. From the basically all level 2 sd earlier in the season to worlds 2013 someone or maybe both of them just stink and are horrible. If morozov and Elena aren't together anymore why are they still being coached by him? Something is horrible and not working and I/k have shown themselves to be the worst as a team unit.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well the team just doesn't work. From the basically all level 2 sd earlier in the season to worlds 2013 someone or maybe both of them just stink and are horrible. If morozov and Elena aren't together anymore why are they still being coached by him? Something is horrible and not working and I/k have shown themselves to be the worst as a team unit.

one can argue they are headcases and losing levels seems their achilles heel
a change of coach would be better than quitting their partnership

Mattieu

Medalist
Wooden Valeria Zenkovo ​​/ Valery Sinitcin beat Catherine Puskas / Jonathan Ghurair - time for Jonathan to find a new partner.
Sorry for using the auto-translation of names, it's easier than looking them up, and my spelling isn't good in English.

Frenchie

Medalist
I think part of my problem with Bobrova Soloviev is that when I picture what Sochi will be like, and I see a lot of great performances by great couples, and then I see 2 frightened birds look around frenetically, then 1 of them gets shot, and then they still both appear on the podium, it gives me the shivers!
I do hope Péchalat/Bourzat win bronze, but if a russian pair was to win a medal in ice dance, I'd have thought it would be warranted after a performance like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBDWI0SnbLA

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

It doesn't happen too often, but we are of the same thinking on this one!

It takes a lot longer to adjust to a new partner than it does to a new coach. And the new partnership might not work, anyway. So, better to try a change of coach rather than take the more risky change of partner route.

And anyway, I don't like Morozov!

CaroLiza_fan

Lota

Record Breaker
Well, I'm probably in the minority of one here, but B/S program is starting to grow on me. I still think it needs less focus on speed and more on detail, but... yeah, I noticed I kinda started liking it. Perhaps it's the fact that they are so committed to the program? I don't know, but while the score is inflated, they did skate rather well here :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
one can argue they are headcases and losing levels seems their achilles heel

With the extreme disasters increasing in frequency and the team becoming a model of failed potential and lack of success it would be best if they all went their separate ways because staying together mean gorshkova/butikov being coached by Tchaikovskaya.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It doesn't happen too often, but we are of the same thinking on this one!

It takes a lot longer to adjust to a new partner than it does to a new coach. And the new partnership might not work, anyway. So, better to try a change of coach rather than take the more risky change of partner route.

And anyway, I don't like Morozov!

CaroLiza_fan

They failed with zhulin ,they are failing with morozov , what's the real problem? They've already changed coaches.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Biggest winner in this nationals , are not I/K or B/S
it goes to S/Z ;)

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin might just get a spot at the Olympics
but Europeans first

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I'm probably in the minority of one here, but B/S program is starting to grow on me. I still think it needs less focus on speed and more on detail, but... yeah, I noticed I kinda started liking it. Perhaps it's the fact that they are so committed to the program? I don't know, but while the score is inflated, they did skate rather well here :)

I like it too, but I liked it more with the original music. Their FD last year I loved and I think Zhulin must have panicked this year with I/K skating to Swan Lake an all and that's really too bad. Changing the music to both SD and FD really hurt their preparation.

Lota

Record Breaker
I like it too, but I liked it more with the original music. Their FD last year I loved and I think Zhulin must have panicked this year with I/K skating to Swan Lake an all and that's really too bad. Changing the music to both SD and FD really hurt their preparation.

Yeah, I liked it better with the original one too. For a while I couldn't watch them skate this program without the original melody going through my head :laugh: Buuut, now I've slowly gotten used to this version too. I just hope they can make it even better in time for Olympics.

Frenchie

Medalist

Do you have a link to them skating to the original music you're speaking of? I'm not sure I understand what changed, or when.