Ladies FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2014 Russian Championships

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not clean but I saw a spark in Tuk's eyes that I haven't seen in a while.

THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!! :biggrin:

Even though she fell, and the skate wasn't the best she's ever done, we did see more than just a hint of the Liza we fell in love with a couple of years ago!!!

Mishin was looking very worried before she went on, but he needn't have. She showed us that she is getting back to what she is capable of!

WELL DONE!!!

CaroLiza_fan

auga

Rinkside
Looking at the artistic range of all Mishin students, I guess leaving Mishin seems like the only realistic option of her ever having a shot of expanding her style.

John Nicks. He made Ashley W somewhat graceful. He can do anything.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Evgenia Medvedeva

Music: La Califfa by Morricone

Blue halter dress, long matching sleeves

3F+3T
3Lz
2A
CCoSp
StSq
ChSq - spiral, ina bauer
3F
3Lo - lean, fall
3S+3T+2T
FCSp - bit slow
2A+2T
LSp

She seemed a bit nervous and wobbly on the choreo, but solid with 6 triples

62.24+58.43-1.00 =119.67, total 181.86, in 2nd out of 10

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Puberty explains the decline for jumps, but not the utter lack of development on the artistic side.

To be honest, her jumps are fine...it's not like she lost rotation or height or anything. She has pretty solid technique and when she lands the jumps, they're beautiful. More than anything I think Liza has lost confidence...she can do the jumps but when competition time comes there's some mental block that is stopping her from landing them in competition.

It's sad. But yeah, I think Mishin has stunted her growth artistically by allowing her to stay in the same style of music for the last 3 years...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anna Pogorilaya

Music: Mermaids - POTC IV (soundtrack)

Aqua "mermaid" dress

3Lz+3T - held on
3Lo+1Lo+3S
3Lz
FCSp
StSq
3Lo+2T
2A
ChSq - catchfoot-spiral, Y-spiral
2A
3F - e
CCoSp
LSp

Some sloppy, gangly moments, but overall strong and "clean". Should score well

Score: 60.93+60.60=121.53, total 180.88, in 3rd out of 11

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Do the commentators ever shut up during a skater's performance? So annoying!

Anna's music is from the Mermaid sequence in 'Pirates' but the first time that I heard it it reminded me of the music from "Bram Stoker's Dracula" - during the scene when his Brides try to 'seduce' Harker.

Anna's hair looks rather untidy today.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Looks like Anna got through most of the jumps but her skating is, if possible, even more boring. She doesn't come through at all when she skates. She really needs work on her refinement and bringing out some personality on the ice.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Okay im considering stop watching now. Are they interviewing tukt? They talked over the whole of pogs program and still wont shut up!!