Polina Edmunds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Polina Edmunds

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Forgot to mention it earlier but the 3T on Polina's 3z-3t combo reminds me a lot of Meissner's. Was there any overlap in their training/coaching?

guanchi

On the Ice
Thanks! Yeah, now I see what you mean, esp. with the arms right before the toe. Kimmie's lutz edge looks almost too deep, if that's possible.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes! I forgot to mention that, it was the arms on the 3T and the super fast rotation. Yeah, I never realized how deep Kimmie's edge was... possibly one of the deepest lutz edges I've ever seen.

TonyaHardlyEver

Rinkside
She is very skinny but I think is normal because she is 15yo,you can look some girls in junior high school are very thin, I think she is in pediatric scales yet. The problem is if she dont gain weight in The next years, I dont like right now, she is so Boring for me. I hope in 1 or 2 years she will improve, she is very young.

I agree. Polina is not polished enough yet. I think if Hannah Miller had Polina's jumps we'd have a champion.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Edmunds is sponsored by Intel?? :eek:

@PolinaEdmunds
Thanks so much to my sponsor @intel for these great products! Love my laptop tablet and mini tablet! #lookinside ❤️ pic.twitter.com/8ly3WHpXFo
7:32 PM - 29 Jan 2014
https://twitter.com/PolinaEdmunds/status/428732331411517441

The photo shows her using a Sony Vaio laptop.​

Makes sense to me. Intel is based in Santa Clara, not far from where Polina lives and trains. That is some pretty sweet swag!

Though I'm totally a Mac girl. (Maybe Jason can get the Apple endorsement? ;) )

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Makes sense to me. Intel is based in Santa Clara, not far from where Polina lives and trains. That is some pretty sweet swag!

Though I'm totally a Mac girl. (Maybe Jason can get the Apple endorsement? ;) )

Hi, Mrs. P. :) It had occurred to me that it makes sense geographically for Edmunds :agree:, but I still was/am surprised/impressed because Intel seems pretty darn prestigious as sponsors go. And we are totally on the same wavelength b/c I too was/am wishing for a sponsor of that significance to sign up Jason (not that the peanut butter thing isn't nice for Team Kori).

BTW, I think we have seen Jason's computer in one of his photos, but I don't remember the brand, LOL. In any case, I'm sure that he would be happy to make a switch if a sponsor comes forward ... ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi, Mrs. P. :) It had occurred to me that it makes sense geographically for Edmunds :agree:, but I still was/am surprised/impressed because Intel seems pretty darn prestigious as sponsors go. And we are totally on the same wavelength b/c I too was/am wishing for a sponsor of that significance to sign up Jason (not that the peanut butter thing isn't nice for Team Kori).

BTW, I think we have seen Jason's computer in one of his photos, but I don't remember the brand, LOL. In any case, I'm sure that he would be happy to make a switch if a sponsor comes forward ... ;)

It was a MacBook Pro, I believe. Jason's a full on Apple guy -- iPhone, iPad, Mac Book Pro. I'm a nerd that notices these types of things. :)

I would totally understand if Jason made the switch due to sponsorship, but I sort of like that Team Brown is also part of Team Apple, LOL. (Mr. P has been a Apple fan boy since he was working as a supermarket dairy clerk back in the mid 1990s. He would never allow a PC to cross the threshold of our house.)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It was a MacBook Pro, I believe. Jason's a full on Apple guy -- iPhone, iPad, Mac Book Pro. I'm a nerd that notices these types of things. :)

I would totally understand if Jason made the switch due to sponsorship, but I sort of like that Team Brown is also part of Team Apple, LOL. (Mr. P has been a Apple fan boy since he was working as a supermarket dairy clerk back in the mid 1990s. He would never allow a PC to cross the threshold of our house.)

Hah, ironically Brown seems too vibrant and eccentric for Apple. Somebody with clean lines and sophistication like Abbott seems more on brand. :) It'd be neat though if Brown was sponsored by Apple though... it certainly would be a good investment/relationship on their part, if Brown builds towards 2018.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hah, ironically Brown seems too vibrant and eccentric for Apple. Somebody with clean lines and sophistication like Abbott seems more on brand. :) It'd be neat though if Brown was sponsored by Apple though... it certainly would be a good investment/relationship on their part, if Brown builds towards 2018.

Um vibrant and eccentric IS Steve Jobs. And Jason has lots of charisma, just like Mr. Jobs. :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi guys I think polina is great a playing Call of Duty, I dont know why are getting mad at her for drop-shotting. She is really good, big props to her and Polina if you read this turn around and say hi

LOL! Is this a friend posting?

And what the heck is drop-shotting?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Um vibrant and eccentric IS Steve Jobs. And Jason has lots of charisma, just like Mr. Jobs. :biggrin:

Hah, very true! I just associate Steve Jobs and Apple with simple, pure, clean, and subtle. Whereas River Dance is wild, unrestrained, and exciting (although Jason's definitely got some nice lines a la Apple!).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes drop-shotting is a Call of Duty reference and yes its her friend. Some people are so judgemental on this forum who ever called her anorexic, your messed up this is a teenager you are talking about who probably doesnt know how to deal with hate from fans yet, so mean comments keep to yourself.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't play Call of Duty so I have no idea of the lingo! And to clarify my "LOL" was at the fact that you were messaging her (sort of) when she was right next to you. :)

Polina is lucky to have a friend like you! Glad she has people supporting her back home.

That said, it's probably best that you (and Polina) don't read this forum. I totally don't like posting mean and nasty comments (my policy is to not post something I wouldn't say to that person's face) but that isn't the case with a lot of folks on these boards.

In any case, Polina seems very confident and self-assured, so I would hope if she had to read such comments she can let them roll off her back.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I know that Edmunds had been training in Munich for a number of days.

Did she move over to Austria more recently?
I ask partly b/c for the longest time, I had kept posting that USFS planned to have a training base in Graz during the Olympics, but eventually decided I was wrong. Any chance that I turned out to be correct?? :confused2:

@PolinaEdmunds
○● Austria's ice cream~ lookin like a flower!○● #vanilla #chocolate #cinnamon ☆♡ pic.twitter.com/f0UbobBHMn
9:47 AM - 13 Feb 2014
https://twitter.com/PolinaEdmunds/status/434020956991156224

ice coverage

Record Breaker
To answer my own question:

I see from the photo in a new tweet from Edmunds that Wagner, Gold, and she all have been training in Graz.

@PolinaEdmunds
Thank you to these wonderful people for letting us train in Graz for a week! We have really enjoyed Austria!❤️🇺🇸👌 pic.twitter.com/rWaiWrbb1e
7:14 AM - 14 Feb 2014
https://twitter.com/PolinaEdmunds/status/434344801413369856

Whew ... so all my previous chattering about the possibility of Graz was not crazy.

ETA:
@AshWagner2010 also tweeted a photo of the U.S. ladies together in Austria.