Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships

SimplyLex

On the Ice
W/p are leaving? They can dominate the whole next quad with their main competitors being chock and bates and c/l.

C/L are older than anyone else in the field but P/B (among the top teams). What makes people think they will stick around for another quad? Honestly, I just assumed they're retiring after this season, are they not? But yeah, W/P could win some medals in the next quad, however I can see them quickly overcome by younger teams with better technical skills. Kaitlyn's skating skills are still pretty rough.

I actually loved Furnier-Beaudry/Sorensen's FD, so if anyone enjoyed Hurtado/Diaz, take a look at this other Dubreuil/Lauzon's masterpiece. I actually think D/L choreograph better dances than they performed as skaters.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I honestly enjoyed the ice dance competition.

It was just so had that Hanna and Ossi finished last and Ekaterina didnt medal :(

Quite many mistakes however during the whole comp by loads of Paris.

And i still think the SD needs an overhaul, its an outdated Format.

sisinka

Final Flight
Hurtado & Diaz

While many couples uses very well-known music which will play on audience and make people clap even with not so good performance, the young couple comes with music which makes a questions in audiences heads – why they chose it when it is not helping to catch the audience with music only? Why they chose it when it is difficult to express it? Without some beautiful melody, instead of it – it creates a dark atmosphere, it is full of tension but still very powerful…simply it is difficult to express such music, to be as strong as the music is, to create such atmosphere. And they did…they did it very well. The couple was always struggling with technical side of programs, they had falls in past, even this time. I can see that their technique improved since past years, but they still need to work on their basic skating to make themselfs more comfortable on the ice and get deeper edges. Sara feels the music very well, the couple can create a drama on the ice. From time to time I didn‘t like Sara’s work with hands – wrist and fingers, sometimes she can make very nice position of hand and fingers which catch the audience’s eye, while in some other moments she looks to forget about it…a movement needs all work of arm, elbow, wrist and fingers …and if it all comes together…then it will be a beautiful movement. It is a pity that he fell. This couple is another nice example of ice dancers who can dance, not only perform elements. What I like about them as well (the same I like about Sin&Zhig) is a fact that the couple lives with their music, puts everything into expressing it, they are not playing that “posing and smiling at judges“ game.
They definitely belong into top 10 at European Championships.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I actually loved Furnier-Beaudry/Sorensen's FD, so if anyone enjoyed Hurtado/Diaz, take a look at this other Dubreuil/Lauzon's masterpiece. I actually think D/L choreograph better dances than they performed as skaters.
H/D's ISU bio lists David Wilson and Ginette Counoyer as their choreographers. You can certainly see Dubreuil/Lauzon's influence in their skating, however.