Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Best of luck to Gjersem and Rajicova skating their best and punching their tickets for Sochi.

Thank you! i justed got home and tuning in, missed anne line but from her score i can see she didnt skate so well... what happened?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nicole RAJICOVA (SVK)

Music: Tango Amore by Edvin Marton

Black/red dress with silvery swirls. Red rose in hair

3Lo - hand down, stepout
3S+2T
3T - stepout, hand down
CCoSp
2T+2T
3S - late stepout
FCCoSp
StSq
2A
ChSq - split, ina bauer, spiral
2A
FSSp

She seems pleased enough. Needs more refinement and cleaning up of landings

FS: 35.76+43.49 = 79.25, 128.25 (PB), 4th (out of 11)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Gjersem was very tense and didn't skate anywhere near as well as she's capable of. :(

Sport 2 commentators - Between the guy with the annoying high pitch (who is completely clueless, talks pointless crap all the time and loves the sound of his own voice) and Vasiliev (who has hardly anything interesting to say), murder is the only answer.

Afraid she's not sent to Sochi :( Though I think Norway should be proud to have a figure skater that qualified. Should have open minds about other winter sports than traditional skiis and tracks skating.

The commentators much talking about her music choice as juniorish. "To draw new fans into the sport skaters should chose more modern music" and so on... actually they talk a lot...

wish I could watch Swedish TV, but our set is occupied.. Midsomer murders or something ever going on re-run :laugh:

Both Gjersem and Rajicova making a strong case not to be sent to Olympics, I'm afraid.

Two messy performances.

Carmen95

Rinkside
As Sarah in german stream just said: this music is just to difficult for Rajicova... really not good...

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Rajicova: Was that ("Ray-cova") actually the right way to pronounce her name? I thought it was more "ra-dgi-cova"?
I remember being so impressed by Simancikova last year... Hard to imagine that Rajicova beat her this season...
She should have finished way beneath Gjersem imo. I hope Norway sends Gjersem to Sochi...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Roberta RODEGHIERO (ITA)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris by Richard Cocciante

Teal one-shoulder dress with purple "sash"

3Lz - e, hand down
3F
3T+2T
FCCoSp
StSq
3T - stepout
3S
1A
3S+2T+2T - bit slow landing
FSSp
ChSq - steps, spiral
CCoSp

Not perfect, but she did get a good amount of triples in.

FS: 48.20 + 44.53 = 92.73 (PB), 141.25 (PB), 1st (out of 12)

Carmen95

Rinkside
Rajicova: Was that ("Ray-cova") actually the right way to pronounce her name? I thought it was more "ra-dgi-cova"?

I thought ra-dgi-cova... but you can never count on german commentators when it comes to pronounce words...

Rodegiero's jump technique is poor. She forces the take-offs through brute strength instead of relying on correct timing and edges to give her bounce.

Messy, unrefined upper body movement. She executed some jumps very well but not much of a program to speak about.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
ooh... Weiss is asking Hecken for her prediction:
she hopes Caro wins, also because she knows her well and she's so nice, but she believes Sotnikova will win.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just arrived back from my tea, so working through the thread to see what's happened.

The German stream (Geoblocked) won't start until 18:45 :disapp:

It isn't geo-blocked for me.

McCorkell bombed quite badly

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :bang:

She should have packed it in years ago.

Wash your mouth out!!!! (I am from 40 miles from her hometown)

This is surely her last year. Has she qualified for the Olympics?

I haven't heard anything official, but I assume she'll retire. And yes, she'll go to Sochi because none of the other ladies in British Championships can get near her!

Yes She qualified her spot for the Olympics at worlds last year, Sad to see her skate so poorly here as she has been skating rather well this season

So upset to hear that Jenna had another poor skate. Like, I'm the first to admit that she has had a lot of poor performances over the years. But, this past year or two she has been skating better than she ever has. So, it is sad to see things going badly at this important time.

(Jenna) I for sure wouldn't have done so if I loved to skate and had a chance to be an olympian again :yay:

WELL SAID, SNOWFLAKE!!!

I won't bother doing any more quotes, but upset about Anne-Line!

COME ON NORWEGIAN FEDERATION, HAVE A HEART!!! THINK ABOUT THE PUBLICITY YOU WILL GET SENDING SOMEBODY TO THE OLYMPICS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SO MANY YEARS!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Carmen95

Rinkside
she hopes Caro wins, also because she knows her well and she's so nice, but she believes Sotnikova will win.

I am thinking exactly the same way... We will see... Overall they are all great skaters...

Rodeghiero was 27th last year and will be at least 13th this year. Nice improvement. :)
Brezinova - 30th > 15th
Januleviciute - 31st > 18th

The other way round:

Popova - 19th > 23rd
McCorkell - 21st > 24th

Go go Sotnikova! 3flutz/3loop< - you can do it! :p