Pairs SP 2014 European Championships | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP 2014 European Championships

Carmen95

Rinkside
I prefer B/H over S/K... And I hope S/S will get it in the FS - in the german stream Ingo Steuer said that V/T´s SP is stronger, so they will have a big focus on the FS and I hope Aljona won´t get much more ill!! o_O
And why am I not surprised when I hear the commentator talk about platoons of Russian top judges lobbying in the background of the competition to convince the actual judges of the quality of V/T´s PCS - I hate when politics do influence the sport, I mean, when V/T show their elements right and at a good level they will also win without lobbying... :p (Maybe foremost because the germans don´t have anyone lobbying for them ;) )

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This. And if B/L ultimately beat S/K here it will flip the other way again in terms of PCS for Olys, but if S/K beat B/L here the gap will probably widen slightly more. Of course this is only assuming relatively clean programs... if either team bombs a program and the other team goes clean on that program, the clean team will have higher PCS.

I was surprised though, Bazarova's jumps were really high today and was in sync with Larionov
but that was probably just a fluke

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Pairs stacking, you'll get bigger support too from international judges
notice how S/K have higher PCS now than B/L after they won Nationals

OK, I may be naive, but if I were a judge.. oh well I'm not.. but 0.31 higher PC,..

Yes Russia sends 3 pairs to Sochi. Kawaguti and Smirnov are out because Smirnov sustained serious injuries that required a surgery. AFAIK they are still on the fence on whether to continue or not. But Kawaguti recently remarked that she wants to continue so there's a hope.

Then it would be important of course to be the second best Russian pair at Euoros.

Anyway I hope Stolbova/Klimov win over Bazarova/Larionov.

Kirk

Rinkside
Initially, they had plans to retire after Sochi from what I heard but I think they will stay. It makes total sense as they should be able to comfortably win every event for the next couple of years at least. There is nobody anywhere near their scores.

In that case, I am curious to see how/whether V/T will and are willing to improve furthermore since score-wise judges perception is that they are already perfect and they are really nearing to that perfection but definitely not there yet.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
In that case, I am curious to see how/whether V/T will improve since score-wise judges perception is that they are already perfect and they are really nearing to that perfection but definitely not there yet.

they plan to take a break after this season, though they did not yet announced this will be their final year and retirement
they could come back in a year or maybe 2 years after

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just missed this.. woke up sitting in front of a sleeping computer after trying to stay up all night and start watching it. Anyone know of any videos posted yet? Thanks!

binky

Rinkside
I don't like robins new costume
I liked the white one and cant figure out why hes now wearing dark blue.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I don't like robins new costume
I liked the white one and cant figure out why hes now wearing dark blue.

Their Coach Ingo Steuer said they wanted to check out how it looked like "in competition", that maybe that dark blue would make Robin appear "more masculine"... But that he wanted to "let it sit a bit" before deciding what to do for Sochi.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
B/H don't have the basic skating of the Russian teams but they definitely had a more complete program in terms of CH and IN.

I just can't see B/L having decent SS at all. Her skating skill seems really weak to me. There is almost no power. Kinda like Zijun Li.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 83.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd C, 4th C
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 76.76 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 71.70 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
4. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 70.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd C, 4th C
5. Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 69.22 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 63.23 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI (ISR) - 55.32 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE (GER) - 55.19 Short Program
9. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 53.65 Short Program
10. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 52.40 Short Program, 2nd Copy
11. Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 52.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy
12. Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexandr ZABOEV (EST) - 50.12 Short Program
13. Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 48.18 Short Program
14. Amani FANCY / Christopher BOYADJI (GBR) - 47.79 Short Program
15. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 44.79 Short Program
16. Stacey KEMP / David KING (GBR) - 43.98 Short Program

amc987

On the Ice
There is something about Volosozhar and Trankov's skating that irks me when compared to S/S's. Their elements are almost perfect but I feel so little emotion when I watch them skate. And it's not because they aren't doing choreography or transitions or whatever. It's just that there's nothing fortifying it. At least with S/S, despite the mistakes, I get what they're trying to communicate/ feel like I'm brought along on the ride.

I might be alone but I hope S/S skate perfectly in Sochi and take the title.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
There is something about Volosozhar and Trankov's skating that irks me when compared to S/S's. Their elements are almost perfect but I feel so little emotion when I watch them skate. And it's not because they aren't doing choreography or transitions or whatever. It's just that there's nothing fortifying it. At least with S/S, despite the mistakes, I get what they're trying to communicate/ feel like I'm brought along on the ride.

For me it is the other way around. I do not feel anything after watching S/S

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
This was a very well skated event. V/T fully deserve their lead, it was a strong confident performance, they capture the mood of the music so well. I like S/Ss programme but it slightly flawed, when was the last time they had an error on 3thF? They have a lot of work to do catch the Russians, not sure if it is possible, they will need a few errros from V/T.

I am amazed to see B/L perform decent SBS jumps, they have been so poor all season long, I still think this style of programme works against all of their strenghts. They are still not secure as the Russian No. 2's S/K are breathing down their neck. I would have S/K 3rd with B/L just behind but it is still really close. Another confident performance from the Italians, they have steadily improved over the years, not sure if they have the potential to score over 130 which the Russians in 3rd and 4th can but if they slip up B/H could pick them off. The French performed well they are a bit distant in 5th but should keep it tomorrow. I was very impressed with the Israelis, they have a lot of potential, they didn't hold back and performed their best.

I also liked the Belarussians, he doesn't look the fittest guy out there, but they performed well. K/K are going downhill she seems to have lost the ability to land the jumps, dissapointing for them to be behind their teammates.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

get over it, V/T have better SP not just the program and elements, they have superb chemistry
quit the sour graping

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - Updated

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR/Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 83.98 SP, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO/Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 76.76 SP, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Vera BAZAROVA/Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 71.70 SP, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
4. Ksenia STOLBOVA/Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 70.90 SP, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
5. Stefania BERTON/Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 69.22 SP, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
6. Vanessa JAMES/Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 63.23 SP, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
7. Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI (ISR) - 55.32 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE (GER) - 55.19 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 53.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 52.40 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
11. Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 52.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
12. Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexandr ZABOEV (EST) - 50.12 Short Program, 2nd Copy
13. Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR) - 48.18 Short Program, 2nd Copy
14. Amani FANCY / Christopher BOYADJI (GBR) - 47.79 Short Program, 2nd Copy
15. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT) - 44.79 Short Program, 2nd Copy
16. Stacey KEMP / David KING (GBR) - 43.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
17. Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI (ITA) - 40. 29 Short Program
18. Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 39.94 Short Program
19. Julia LAVRENTIEVA / Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 37.96 Short Program
20. Veronica GRIGORIEVA / Aritz MAESTU (ESP) - 34.97 Short Program

Complete Pairs Short Program, Complete Groups 1-3, Complete Groups 4-5