Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Ha ha -- I don't know how I missed that considering the fact that I watched my recording of the closing ceremony a second time just to watch the parts they were in! So embarrassing - ha ha! Do you remember at what point in the ceremony that happened? I was so excited for the two of them that they were so prominently featured during closing ceremonies, and of course the fact that Maxim carried the Russian flag made it extra neat :)

Their kiss/hug back in the press area after finding out that the gold medal was theirs was the moment there was no further doubt in my mind that they were a couple. Bless her heart, she started shaking from crying so hard, and he just held her tighter and tighter. He had said he wanted to win for her (sigh) :)

I know!!! They're so cute!!! :) I just love watching them!! I really hope they stick around a while longer....because now they have me hooked.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Why did they so coyly skirt the issue in the NBC features on them? "We're all really one big family ..." Although it was so obvious they are together. The audience would have LOVED that.

I do enjoy them as a couple, they have a chemistry you couldn't have made up if you tried.

mttvonice

On the Ice
Why did they so coyly skirt the issue in the NBC features on them?

Yeah, like I said before, I'm wondering if some of the things Maxim said just kind of got "lost in translation". One moment he seemed to totally confirm it, and the next there were comments about "sports family" that maybe they would date "after the Olympics". Very confusing - ha ha! My favorite part though was his comment that they were "more than boyfriend and girlfriend". Wow - what does THAT mean? :love: Wish they would just get married already :)

Wondering when their next competition will be, and hoping that Maxim will revert back to one of his old haircuts now that the Olympics are over :)

Big thank you to Campbellka for the Tumblr link!!! Some great stuff there!!!

mttvonice

On the Ice
One moment he seemed to totally confirm it, and the next there were comments about "sports family" that maybe they would date "after the Olympics". Very confusing - ha ha!

Almost forgot the most confusing comment of all......"we're just good friends". Yeah. Uh huh ;)

mttvonice

On the Ice
I've noticed that the "Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary" thread seems to have been moved -- at least partially -- from the main "Figure Skating: The Edge" thread into the "Fan Fest" group of threads. When I say "partially", that means not all of the posts made it over. They can all still be viewed when you pull up the complete "Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary" thread that still exists under "Figure Skating: The Edge". Wish it could all be together in one "Volosozhar and Trankov" thread, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do that (ha ha), or even know if I CAN do that as just a member posting in the forum.

According to Maxim's twitter page, it appears V/T are now prepping for the 2014 Art on Ice European Tour which begins tomorrow in Zurich and ends in Stockholm on March 13.
http://www.artonice.com/en/shows/

mttvonice

On the Ice
I've noticed that the "Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary" thread seems to have been moved -- at least partially -- from the main "Figure Skating: The Edge" thread into the "Fan Fest" group of threads. When I say "partially", that means not all of the posts made it over. They can all still be viewed when you pull up the complete "Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary" thread that still exists under "Figure Skating: The Edge". Wish it could all be together in one "Volosozhar and Trankov" thread, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do that (ha ha), or even know if I CAN do that as just a member posting in the forum.

According to Maxim's twitter page, it appears V/T are now prepping for the 2014 Art on Ice European Tour which begins tomorrow in Zurich and ends in Stockholm on March 13.
http://www.artonice.com/en/shows/

annafer

On the Ice
Why did they so coyly skirt the issue in the NBC features on them? "We're all really one big family ..." Although it was so obvious they are together. The audience would have LOVED that.

I do enjoy them as a couple, they have a chemistry you couldn't have made up if you tried.

The NBC documentary was filmed last summer in the US and the Russian one was filmed in late December, so maybe things happened in between them or maybe they just didn't want a whole world to talk about their relationship instead of their skating, who knows. The Russian documentary is 100% clear, Maxim confirms they're together and that this happened after they broke up wih their respective partners, both having problems in their relationships.

So glad they're doing Art on Ice, hopefully they'll decide to participate in the Worlds too.

Terri

Rinkside
Interesting, never knew that Tatiana was with Morozov off-ice. I always liked that he became their coach, even though their partnership ended.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
No posts were moved. Some were copied. If this thread disappears, I will copy the rest of it to the Fan Fest thread.

daphna

On the Ice
I love them as a couple, on and off the ice. these two are just MEANT to be together!

anyanka

Record Breaker
The NBC documentary was filmed last summer in the US and the Russian one was filmed in late December, so maybe things happened in between them or maybe they just didn't want a whole world to talk about their relationship instead of their skating, who knows. The Russian documentary is 100% clear, Maxim confirms they're together and that this happened after they broke up wih their respective partners, both having problems in their relationships.

So glad they're doing Art on Ice, hopefully they'll decide to participate in the Worlds too.

Ah, thanks for that clarification! But part of me wonders if they got together sooner. It was that full-on kiss at the end of their 2012 worlds FS - when they very nearly beat S/S after coming from so far back - that first clued me in that there was something more. So My assumption was always that they have been an item since at least mid-2012. I was projecting, of course. :p

campbellka

Rinkside
Didn't he date his skating partner before? Anyone before Tatiana is moot now. He only has eyes for her. :)

hanca

Record Breaker
Didn't he date his skating partner before? Anyone before Tatiana is moot now. He only has eyes for her. :)

He definitely did not date his previous skating partner (Maria Mukhortova). They despised each other! Watching their version of love story (when they did not look even once at each other throughout the program) was quite an experience. Besides, Maria dated their coach, Oleg Vasiliev!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker

Maria Mukhortova? I don't know...they were famous for NOT getting along.

As to Tatiana and Stas, at one time, those two really loved one another, but they both made the sacrifice for one of them (Tat) to get that elusive gold medal. Both of them must really love the sport.

annafer

On the Ice
Was Maxim dating anyone before Tatiana?
Yes. He had a gf named Alexandra who he brought from Saint Petersburg to Moscow when he teamed with Tatiana. In the documentary he says he broke up with her six months after Tatiana broke up with Morozov.