Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

mttvonice

On the Ice
He had a gf named Alexandra who he brought from Saint Petersburg to Moscow when he teamed with Tatiana. In the documentary he says he broke up with her six months after Tatiana broke up with Morozov.

I'm surprised it took that long ;)

campbellka

Rinkside
I never get tired of seeing that screen shot. :) I thought before Mukhrotova, though, he dated that one.

mttvonice

On the Ice
Have you seen these? They really can keep their hands off each other :laugh:

http://youtu.be/jitus_lbnwE

http://youtu.be/4TM3RoWPxeI

Those are great - thanks for posting! I love how in the first video the director says "Change partners!", they both make a VERY half-hearted attempt to find a new partner, then a second later just go right back to each other, all the while the theme from "Love Story" is playing in the background :love:

Annafer, am I correct in thinking that you speak Russian and have translated those parts of the documentary that you've told us about? If so, any other tidbits of "relationship information" that you could translate for us would be much appreciated :biggrin:

annafer

On the Ice
Annafer, am I correct in thinking that you speak Russian and have translated those parts of the documentary that you've told us about? If so, any other tidbits of "relationship information" that you could translate for us would be much appreciated :biggrin:
No, I don't speak russian, a friend of mine who does translated for me some bits and pieces of the documentary. I'll make a resume and post here later.

slutskayafann

Rinkside
They are the best. He needs to get a real hair cut. :yes:

I am sorry I know this is silly. Are Davis and White couple too?

Matilda

Medalist
They are the best. He needs to get a real hair cut. :yes:

I am sorry I know this is silly. Are Davis and White couple too?

They are simply adorable--but I agree on Max needing a hair cut :)

Charlie and Tanith Belbin are a couple--as far as I know they've been living together for a quite a while. Tanith and Meryl seem to be really good friends.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Thanks Annafer - that would be great!

And yes, Max - haircut please :yes:

Shave it on one side and make it punk(ish)!

Since they allow vocals now, and we know Max is a huge hip-hop fan ... can he and Tania skate to a Beyonce/Jay-Z duet next season? "Drunk in Love" or "Crazy in Love" or "03 Bonnie & Clyde"? Please?? Maybe I'll Tweet my suggestions at him! :)

annafer

On the Ice
Here's the resume of the documentary:

- Maxim: "we're a whole, we breathe together in the same rhythm", Tatiana: "I skate for him"
- they were born thouthands of km apart
- Maxim moved to Saint Petersburg (lived for a while in a military unit, getting one free meal/day) where he skated with Maria Mukhortova and Tatiana moved to Kiev and skated with Stanislav Morozov
- many times they met during competitions and saw that they had similar style and that they are a match judging by their physiques; they talked that they would be good together and even fans were asking them to skate together; Maxim asked the Russian Skating Federation about Tanya and they said that it's impossible to bring her because she's dating Stas Morozov and wouldn't come
- Tatiana says she started dating Stas at 17 and lived on her own in Kiev
- Maxim's mom says he was always a bit temperamental, sometimes fighting with his partners, but in time things changed and he is straightforward mostly with himself; Tanya says that Max is a very interesting character and that she loves how he is persistent with things; Max's mom thanks Tanya for being an angel
- during his past few years with Mukhortova their coach was saying to Maxim that he's not good enough for him and for Maria and that they'll look for a replacement, but after the Olympics he changed his mind and wanted Maxim to keep skating with Maria. But Maxim took the decision to split up with his partner. At the same time Stas decided to retire and looked for a partner for Tanya. Stas called Maxim and Max said he planned to retire but if it's about Tanya he will skate with her and only with her
- in just 6 months they already started to win titles
- when they started to skate together both were involved in relationships with other people: Maxim brought from Saint Petersburg his girlfriend Alexandra(Sacha) and Tanya was dating Stas; Maxim: "we were living in the same building, going out together. And then things just happened. After a while we both started to have problems in our relationships. I didn't broke up with my girlfriend because Tanya appeared, our relationships just ran their course. I broke up with Sacha 6 months after Tanya broke up with Stas" (I have to mention that Maxim looked very shy while talking about this)
- Tanya and Max started dating when both were free people and now they live like a normal couple, being very close to each other
- Maxim says they're more than husband and wife
- in 2013 Max's dad passed away; his mom called his coach (Nina Moser) who went together with Tanya to tell Max; Tanya says Max's dad was a big fan of them, supporting them even on the internet and he was very close to Maxim.

annafer

On the Ice
Here's the resume of the documentary:

- Maxim: "we're a whole, we breathe together in the same rhythm", Tatiana: "I skate for him"
- they were born thouthands of km apart
- Maxim moved to Saint Petersburg (lived for a while in a military unit, getting one free meal/day) where he skated with Maria Mukhortova and Tatiana moved to Kiev and skated with Stanislav Morozov
- many times they met during competitions and saw that they had similar style and that they are a match judging by their physiques; they talked that they would be good together and even fans were asking them to skate together; Maxim asked the Russian Skating Federation about Tanya and they said that it's impossible to bring her because she's dating Stas Morozov and wouldn't come
- Tatiana says she started dating Stas at 17 and lived on her own in Kiev
- Maxim's mom says he was always a bit temperamental, sometimes fighting with his partners, but in time things changed and he is straightforward mostly with himself; Tanya says that Max is a very interesting character and that she loves how he is persistent with things; Max's mom thanks Tanya for being an angel
- during his past few years with Mukhortova their coach was saying to Maxim that he's not good enough for him and for Maria and that they'll look for a replacement, but after the Olympics he changed his mind and wanted Maxim to keep skating with Maria. But Maxim took the decision to split up with his partner. At the same time Stas decided to retire and looked for a partner for Tanya. Stas called Maxim and Max said he planned to retire but if it's about Tanya he will skate with her and only with her
- in just 6 months they already started to win titles
- when they started to skate together both were involved in relationships with other people: Maxim brought from Saint Petersburg his girlfriend Alexandra(Sacha) and Tanya was dating Stas; Maxim: "we were living in the same building, going out together. And then things just happened. After a while we both started to have problems in our relationships. I didn't broke up with my girlfriend because Tanya appeared, our relationships just ran their course. I broke up with Sacha 6 months after Tanya broke up with Stas" (I have to mention that Maxim looked very shy while talking about this)
- Tanya and Max started dating when both were free people and now they live like a normal couple, being very close to each other
- Maxim says they're more than husband and wife
- in 2013 Max's dad passed away; his mom called his coach (Nina Moser) who went together with Tanya to tell Max; Tanya says Max's dad was a big fan of them, supporting them even on the internet and he was very close to Maxim.

mttvonice

On the Ice
Yes, thank you so much, Annafer!!! :clap: Some interesting information there. Those two were definitely meant to be, and the more I find out about their lives leading up to the Sochi Olympics, the more I understand the incredible emotion they expressed at the end of their long program.