Peter Mueller's Credentials? | Golden Skate

Peter Mueller's Credentials?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
During the ladies speed skating coverage on NBC Jilleanne Rookards race the commentators said that her coach Peter Mueller was not there because he could not get the right credentials - anyone know why? I can't find any article about it online.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
The only things I found was that he was fired as National coach in Norway. Could it have been too late to get credentials with another country?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The only things I found was that he was fired as National coach in Norway. Could it have been too late to get credentials with another country?

that's all I found, too, but he was fired from their program about 3 months before the 2010 games (for a sexual harassment claim, not sure they ever actually proved it, but they got rid of him just the same). Maybe he's like the former coach of the Jamaican Bobsled team (From back in the 80s)... gets sanctioned so no one will let him back in?

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I tried the US Speed Skating site. Peter Mueller is not listed on the coaching directory. Don't know what difference that could make.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
with what little I could find on the sexual harassment claim and what I've learned in the last two years about these types of "crimes" (if one was committed, I'm not saying there was or wasn't)... is that even if they deny the person access/job/standing/whatever, they try to cover it up and protect the person. Let them continue, but wherever media (or other scrutiny) is involved they deny that person access to "protect the integrity" of the sport/company/whatever. :disapp:

Again, not saying that's the case here - but it's starting to smell that way.

busstopwetday

Spectator
It happens sometimes in speed skating that a coach doesn't get accreditation. There used to be just the national teams, but now there are all kinds of commercial teams. A country only gets a certain amount of accreditations, so if a country has a lot of skaters in different teams not all the coaches can get accreditation. And it also happens that some countries aren't all that happy with skaters skating in different teams. I sort of remember countries in the past not wanting to give coaches other than the 'national' coach accreditation.
So you regularly see some skaters having a different coach on the side of the ring then the one that trains them the rest of the time.
For example Jan Bos couldn't go as a coach to the Olympics because of accreditation. So I don't thing this necessarily has anything to do with the sexual harassment case.