Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Here's a new interview after Grenoble. First time I think I've seen comments from MFD & Romain about Chock & Bates specifically. I love that they are focusing on performance, but please do not forget your technical levels. Their levels in at IDF scared me if I'm being honest. They're obviously seeing great results by focusing on the performance factor and increasing speed - but those levels need to clean up, especially in the RD.

Also I love that MFD calls them hyper-elegant! That USFSA photo shoot is certainly a testament to that; I'd love to see her choreograph a really elegant FD to see how that looks on them. I thought they were fantastic in the Buble Short Dance a few seasons ago. It was a good look for them.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...es-back-on-grand-prix-circuit-with-new-power/

dancelion21

On the Ice
Chock and Bates are my favorite ice dancers. If they can clean up their rhythm dance, then I think they have a great shot of winning nationals this year.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
The RD has been killing them for a few seasons now. They won the FD at both 2017 and 2018 Nats, and their FD this year is another clear winner (they should have won the FD at Nats last year but that's another issue). I hope the Montreal coaching team really buckles down with the technical side before GPF. I think Madi and Evan have to beat H/D at GPF in order to have any chance of beating them at Nats.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Maddie and Evan for winning the FD with that fabulous skate and score! I wanted it to be Gold but with that 5 point lead Sin/Kat had over them it was not possible.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Their FD is my favorite this season and it just keeps getting better and better. So happy and surprised when I saw their big score! Congrats to them on winning the silver and the free dance and on hopefully making the GPF again! Now they need to work on those levels on the RD and they can really be contenders.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to C/B for officially making the GPF - Ice Dance will be a very interesting event to see who makes the podium. Good luck to Maddie and Evan!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Because of the costume thread, I decided to check out what Nick Verreos had to say about this year's costumes. He had these amazing pictures of Maddy and Evan:
https://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/2019/11/ice-style2019-cup-of-china-figure_15.html

You want to know why their China FD scored high? Check out these photos. Even their chins and expressions are perfectly aligned:

https://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/2019/11/ice-style2019-cup-of-china-figure_15.html

Just wow!!! :love:

He talked more about their costumes at IdF: The photos were not as good, but the throwback to Kiss Me Kate shows why Maddy's RD costume is the way it is

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Maddie and Evan. What a FS, for me it was simply the best!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hooray for Maddy and Evan and The Snake!! They are back!

I give lots of credit to Marie-France, and to Maddy's surgeon and rehab people , but especialy to the guys themselves. The total attention to detail in that FD is just :jaw: and the complete synchronicity of their movements.

Bravo guys. :bow: :cheer:

Last edited:

dancelion21

On the Ice
I'm super proud of them for doing so well at the GPF and I hope they can recapture the US Nationals title! At the beginning of the season, they said that their goal was to win US Nationals and medal at Worlds, and they're certainly on track to doing that this year.