Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

humbaba

Final Flight
Happy Birthday to Madison! Ice cream, seashells, and balloons forever for the birthday girl. :hap10::hap85::party2:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Looking forward to seeing their programs. Any news on their music choices?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Their music choices were announced in the Program by Discipline thread in The Edge..
RD: Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me Kate by Cole Porter. (Me remembering the Ann Miller tap dance number from the old film..:luv17:)
FD: three pieces of absolutely exquisite music... I imagine the cuts will be superb!!
Yearning by Raul Ferrando; Sahara Nights by DJ Quincy; Layali Al-Sharq by Al-Ahram Orchestra
choreographed by Dubreuil/Chouinard ... :luv17:
I cannot WAIT to see this!! :yahoo:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So glad to hear they impressed you, TanithandBenFan. :love:

That is definitely not typical Montreal choreo.

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Thank you so much, TanithandBenFan. Their RD seems nice and pretty well choreographed, but also like something that could pale a bit in comparison to their last season FD, as the style is somewhat similar. But the FD is just WOW. No other words to say it. Really looking forward to watching the full program at competition.

I think that the move to Montreal was a good decision for them - if not in terms of placements, then definitely in terms of programs, creative (and in some ways, also technical) growth and trying new things. I personally really liked their last season FD (probably more than I had liked any of their FDs before), but this seems to be something quite special indeed. And their tango last season was good too.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you for the practice videos Doris and TanithandBenFan !! They are a gift.. love the RD cover they used great for required elements with up tempo during latter half and her dress so similar to Ann Miller's in the movie.. As suspected the FD is spectacular, just WOW!! Stunning.. music, costumes divine.. Love how you can see the heads of audience members following the movement in rapt attention..

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The FD looks like Marie-France is enjoying doing choreography for a couple whose strengths are very similar to hers-a team with a big size difference who can do awesome lifts, and who dance throughout the lifts...the lifts are not tricks inserted into the dance, they are seamlessly part of it.

The RD looks good, but is not earth shattering yet. The FD could be. :eek:

Last edited:

Roast Toast

Medalist
Montreal also seems to have worked wonders on their shaky twizzles. New FD looks amazing. I think they'll be my fave American team again for the third season in a row :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

I was expecting something along the lines of Fever, but this is a really meh version of one of Porter's most delightfully saucy songs. I do however give them big credit for including the hilarious stanza about Kinsey:

According to the Kinsey Report, ev'ry average man you know
Much prefers his lovey-dovey to court
When the temperature is low
But when the thermometer goes 'way up
And the weather is sizzling hot
Mister, pants for romance is not

Their dance is serviceable, but I expect much more than "serviceable" from one of my favorite teams.

Frankly I think it needs to be sexed up.

There, I said it.

:hap57:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The FD looks like Marie-France is enjoying doing choreography for a couple whose strengths are very similar to hers-a team with a big size difference who can do awesome lifts, and who dance throughout the lifts...the lifts are not tricks inserted into the dance, they are seamlessly part of it.

The RD looks good, but is not earth shattering yet. The FD could be. :eek:

I've been really hard on the Montreal School of Mush and I stand by what I said in the past. But the last two seasons they really have upped their game and (besides the fact it was more than About Time) the programs are so much better for it. Not every program mind you. But C/B's program has enormous enormous potential.

Ok, I'll say it...it reminds me of Grishuk and Platov's The Feeling Begins FD. It's not quite on that level...but I think it could be. Now if only they would edit out some, uhm, many of the Cleopatra hands and hieroglyph positions...

A boy can dream!