demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats Maddie and Evan, I am doing my happy dance! :hap93::hap93:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am so sad that their season did not include a Worlds medal, but so glad there was 4CCs.

Cancellation was the right choice though.

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'd like it if they could bring back their Egyptian FD back for the next worlds, or better still, the Olympics! :)

I think Madison and Evan have had a good season - GPF silver (3x now), regaining national champion, back-to-back 4CC champions! Excited to see what they will do next season.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I'd like it if they could bring back their Egyptian FD back for the next worlds, or better still, the Olympics! :)

I think Madison and Evan have had a good season - GPF silver (3x now), regaining national champion, back-to-back 4CC champions! Excited to see what they will do next season.

Yes! I hope they bring it back for the Olympics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dancelion21

On the Ice
Yes! I hope they bring it back for the Olympics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll bring back either program from this year or last year. I would want to see Fever back, because they only competed it for half a season, and it was so fun. Even though the Snake Dance didn't get its showing at worlds, they've already performed it wonderfully several times throughout this season, so I feel like it's already gotten enough mileage, and recycling generally doesn't work as well in ice dance as it does in other disciplines.
Still, I'm excited to see what they and Gadbois can come up with for next year. Marie-France and Sam seem really inspired by C/B's strengths and dynamic as a pairing, and it's already led to some great programs. I'm looking forward to what comes next!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...k-and-bates-reflect-on-amemorable-season.aspx

A really great article about the development of their Snake FD!

Yes, Maddy was very involved in the design of the costume!

And she studied a lot of images and videos of snakes :eek: that's dedication!

Chock literally studied images of snakes—their scales and patterns—to come up with ideas for her dress. She wanted her dress to look like a snake's skin, but not like a snakeskin fabric. She brought drawings to costume designer Mathieu Caron, who made sure it was functional while also creating wow moments. "Together we came up with something beautiful," said Chock.

For Bates, Dubreuil envisioned a turtleneck shirt. Chock found the braiding technique and showed it to Caron, which he incorporated. "I think it's my favorite costume I've had," said Bates.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For Ice Dance Stars, Despite A Cancelled World Championships, The Show Must Go On—Online!
https://www.teamusa.org/News/2020/M...orld-Championships-The-Show-Must-Go-On-Online

Even if additional rink closings make Monday’s event impossible, the couple plans to perform the free dance again: they’ve been invited to give a special exhibition in Cairo, Egypt, in July, assuming COVID-19 is controlled by then. For now, they’re already sifting through ideas for next season’s programs

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Maybe they will rework their FD into an Exhibition program. I just love that program!

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Im actually gutted I dont get to see this program at worlds this year.. as well as the Brits FD too TBH.. this snake program needs to be revived for the next olympics.. this is their vehicle to win, I'm telling you right now. IMO this FD is the best one in the world this year.