Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I still think C/B are dark horses.S/S should be watching their back's as C/B could claim back the title.They're not so far behind.C/B need to have a better start next season .Stick with and not change their SD .Looking forward to their SD hopefully they'll choose Hip hop !

Astrid56

Final Flight
I still think C/B are dark horses.S/S should be watching their back's as C/B could claim back the title.They're not so far behind.C/B need to have a better start next season .Stick with and not change their SD .Looking forward to their SD hopefully they'll choose Hip hop !

I think they are. One thing about C/B, they are versatile and talented performers/athletes and with their struggles and experience in season 2015-16, they'll be much more prepared and ready to tackle the challenges in the next season.

humbaba

Final Flight
A picture of Maddie and Evan at the rink with Christopher Dean was just posted on https://twitter.com/torvillanddean. The caption was "Look who dropped in today." Wonder what's going on there. Choreography? Mentoring? Polishing? I'm dying to know. :)

ETA
Just found the answer to my own question on Evan's twitter. Chris is doing their new Stars on Ice program.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
What a really awesome opportunity for them to be able to work with him!! I wonder if the collaboration is successful, if they might also be able to get his help with a competitive program at some point. While I think Igor does a good job of choreographing to their strengths, I do feel Dean is an extremely creative individual and I'd like to see what he might be able to bring to the table for them.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I'm so glad to have found this thread! It's not easy finding other Madi and Evan fans out there. I've adored them since they were with other partners and was so happy they won a medal at Worlds with their best skate of the season. I was afraid before the event that the judges would find a way to squeeze them off the podium so there wouldn't be two US teams. But with the way they skated they couldn't be denied! I was in Boston, and I wish the audience would've given them more support. They deserved a full standing O after the FD dangit! It was wonderful seeing how happy they were with their performance and how happy they were to be on the podium after the tough season they've had. They are both such sweet, gracious people. :)

Astrid56

Final Flight
Honestly expected them to earn 2nd just by the way they skated but I guess one should be thankful they were not denied a medal. They deserved a standing 'O'.

Anyway, the reception _ both media and public_ is a bit lukewarm and this baffles me. The Shibutanis skated very, very well but, I thought, C/B clearly bested them in both SD and FD.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm so glad to have found this thread! It's not easy finding other Madi and Evan fans out there. I've adored them since they were with other partners and was so happy they won a medal at Worlds with their best skate of the season. I was afraid before the event that the judges would find a way to squeeze them off the podium so there wouldn't be two US teams. But with the way they skated they couldn't be denied! I was in Boston, and I wish the audience would've given them more support. They deserved a full standing O after the FD dangit! It was wonderful seeing how happy they were with their performance and how happy they were to be on the podium after the tough season they've had. They are both such sweet, gracious people. :)

Welcome, TanithandBenFan!/ It is always good to meet another fan of Madi & Evan!! Do check out the OP! We have quite a collection of vids, interviews and data about them! We hope you will share any links you know of that we've missed. :bow: