Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
They even skated TR pattern which was so cool for US FS savvies in the audience:laugh:. I think it was cool & smart to do an EX for Gala based on their RD, this aesthetic suits them to the T and we heard about 6-7 times 'Assasination Tango' used in junior category for RD, yet we felt it was off the mark - it took someone mature, expressive and with right interpretation/performance skill developed to do the music and dance style justice.

Their tango EX a couple of seasons ago had me wishing they would do a comp like it.. I got my wish!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MocoDmYFNwM

icekiwi

On the Ice
Love , love love this FD - so refreshing, articulate & a breathe of fresh air compared to the table load of contemporary/classical programmes out there among the top 10 right now.

Love this whole concept of the American Glamourous Ballroom look and they did do Ballroom. The first half with 'fever' - Foxtrot styling throughout - absolutely glorious. Also liked the slow teasing bit right at the beginning. The 2nd half was 'Jive' - great armstyling and right to the beat of the music. I am most impressed with the 'lifts' right through this whole program - seamlessly executed and showing off Madison's great flexibility.

Also liked how so much more in-sync they are as they both move across the ice together.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just noticed the kiss choreographed into the final sliding element. Love it - nicely wraps up the program after she rejects his kiss in the open. It's really a clever program, and it fits their playful personalities so well.

Love the base value of their elements, but that darn PCS needs to come back up. I'm really excited for Nationals - I think the crowd will eat this up.

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
I am on the train...I loved their "Under Pressure" program after seeing it in KC but otherwise have not loved them until now.

I absolutely loved how the music continually escalated through the program. They looked very fresh. Their connection was also palpable which I don't feel has always been the case!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
I'm so happy for Madi and Evan :yahoo: we can see them compete in 4CC and Worlds :yes2:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, that was quite a thing. Congratulations to them on their return to the big international stage.

I said over in the competition thread, but while the programs are (obviously) still mostly about showcasing Madison, Evan feels the most charismatic and interesting I've seen him in a long time in the free dance.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I did not believe it would happen, but so very, very glad they won!

Their FD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yt1LCYeN4

I saw first that they would not make the gala because Evan has back spasms, and could not bear to open the results ( NBCSN started coverage at midnight and I did not manage to stay up!

:bow:

:yahoo:

:hap93:

:points:

All those good things

:dance3:

;) That would be behind Chock & Bates.

I could not be happier!!

Three teams that were not at the GPF, two that were not on the GP, just won the podium 4CCs!! And I love all three.

Pl.NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SSTRPECOINDed.
-
StN.
1Madison CHOCK / Evan BATESUSA126.2569.9556.309.259.189.469.469.570.00#11
2Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIERCAN124.4068.7556.659.219.299.469.649.611.00#10
3Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJECAN123.3767.2956.089.329.079.509.399.460.00#9
4Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUEUSA119.7162.5057.219.469.369.619.579.680.00#12
5Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKERUSA115.4563.6451.818.578.298.688.828.820.00#7
6Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENCAN113.6161.9251.698.368.438.618.868.820.00#8
7Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIUCHN104.7459.2745.477.617.327.617.577.790.00#5
8Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUNCHN97.4555.9541.506.966.716.966.897.070.00#6
9Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETOJPN94.2054.6639.546.616.326.576.716.750.00#1
10Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDSAUS84.5548.7935.766.005.795.866.046.110.00#4
11Wanqi NING / Chao WANGCHN78.8246.6732.155.575.295.325.435.180.00#3
12Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUIAUS74.5842.6731.915.325.075.395.505.320.00#2

Check it out. That is a better score than Hubbell & Donohue at the GPF, both for FD and total.

Madi and Evan's Personal Bests:

Personal Best Total Score207.4210.02.2019ISU Four Continents Championships 2019
Personal Best Score Rhythm Dance81.1708.02.2019ISU Four Continents Championships 2019
Personal Best Score Free Dance126.2510.02.2019ISU Four Continents Championships 2019

Hubbell and Donohue Personal Bests:

Personal Best Total Score205.3508.12.2018ISU Grand Prix Final 2018/19
Personal Best Score Rhythm Dance81.9508.02.2019ISU Four Continents Championships 2019
Personal Best Score Free Dance124.8208.12.2018ISU Grand Prix Final 2018/19

On to Worlds!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulation to Maddie and Evan! Thrilled for them. Their FD was amazing
and they were rewarded with the Gold Medal!:dance::hap57:

Get well soon Evan. I hope it is not serious. Worlds will be a battle, can't wait!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It is quite uplifting to see teams like WeaPo and Madison/Evan (or even PSquared) gaining traction and judges' attention with lack of competitions under their best or some bumpy road this season. Madison & Evan's story is special due to fact that Madison had surgery, such long break from even skating, not mentioning training, learning new programs and competing - and what programs they are this season! I am immensely glad that their obvious hard work, rejuvenated attitude, energy pays off results-wise and in improvement areas - I really like how both programs feed off their natural relationship and strong chemistry. I think that their RD performance was stronger at 4CC than FD, but nonetheless it was a solid & consistent showing of both programs. Madison looked so radiant, confident and in her element on ice - it took me a while to appreciate her performer's nature & their partnership, but boy, she is such a vivid star in ID field, cannot take my eyes off her! Also, their lifts are so striking, athletic, but fluid, matching the dynamism of music and showcasing their strengths perfectly, they were stunning in person @ Mentor Cup! Congratulations of now golden couple by placement, not only by Madison's dress!:cheer:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Yes, Congratulations to Maddie & Evan on the Gold medal at 4CC!!!

So so proud of them!! Well done!! Ballroom on ice - this is what I call 'ice dancing'!

The 'hand styling' from the beginning of the music right to the ending, from Foxtrot hands to Jive hands, my word, just gorgeous, the Jive ones are so cute! This is the most stylish, modern and sophisticated 'Fever' program I have seen in Ice Dancing. Every beat and change of direction in the music is fully utilised. Past 'Fever' programs done by numerous Ice Dance couples are more or less the same -just meh! This is sexy, teasing, and left you wanting more. The 'coaching change' has done marvelous to Maddie & Evan. Usually Maddie is the Star and she still is but I thought Evan is looking so much more fluid in his movements and dare I say rather 'sensual'.

You can tell the 'couple' relationship is not forced, so natural, the 'chemistry' is genuine.

This FD is a departure from what the rest of the top 10 couples are doing right now. I am thankful that the judges appreciate this FD and rewarded Maddie & Evan appropriately. I am jumping for joy!!:hap93:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Yes, Congratulations to Maddie & Evan on the Gold medal at 4CC!!!

So so proud of them!! Well done!! Ballroom on ice - this is what I call 'ice dancing'!

The 'hand styling' from the beginning of the music right to the ending, from Foxtrot hands to Jive hands, my word, just gorgeous, the Jive ones are so cute! This is the most stylish, modern and sophisticated 'Fever' program I have seen in Ice Dancing. Every beat and change of direction in the music is fully utilised. Past 'Fever' programs done by numerous Ice Dance couples are more or less the same -just meh! This is sexy, teasing, and left you wanting more. The 'coaching change' has done marvelous to Maddie & Evan. Usually Maddie is the Star and she still is but I thought Evan is looking so much more fluid in his movements and dare I say rather 'sensual'.

You can tell the 'couple' relationship is not forced, so natural, the 'chemistry' is genuine.

This FD is a departure from what the rest of the top 10 couples are doing right now. I am thankful that the judges appreciate this FD and rewarded Maddie & Evan appropriately. I am jumping for joy!!:hap93:

Totally agree. The change to Montreal has been good for them - they look so confident on the ice and like they really love their programmes. It was so nice to see how happy they were when performing. I loved how the choreography picked out all the nuances in the music. Same with their RD which I absolutely love. Their two programmes along with S/B are my faves because of the way they have choreographed to the music and they are different to what everyone else is doing (I also love G/P FD of course). I’m so happy for C/B as they’ve had a tough couple of years so they should be so proud of how they have bounced back.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday to Evan! :hb: :cheer:

I updated the op for Evan's birthday, so for at least a little while, the op.links work.

I hope you will.enjoy them

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of you who don't have access to the competition thread, PM me if you'd like a temporary download link for CBC television's belated coverage of 4CC from this past Saturday, which includes their FD.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What a great article with wonderful photos! Any fan of Maddie & Evan should take a look!

Last edited: