Kiira Korpi | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kiira Korpi

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Very nice skate from Kiira today. :yay:
Indeed, lovely skate, and an outstanding result for her - what a great comeback. I hope she does well in the free skate too.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I have no idea why I like her SP so much, even with the hand down on the 2 axel. I've already watched it so many times!

So glad she is back!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
:no:

Kiira's unfortunate instagram message: http://instagram.com/p/ygutYbEAWM

:cry:
Oh no! ;_;

This is a tragedy, I was SO looking forward to her FS this afteroon.

Her SP stood out from all the rest - it wasn't perfect, but for me it was the lightest, most graceful, most elegant and most expressive of the day. It takes a great athlete to make a 60pt SP look so easy and beautiful like that, and make you feel some emotion.

Life can be so unfair :-(

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was looking forward to Kiira most of the ladies at Euros. It's too bad she got sick...and she was skating so strongly in the short.
I've made this fan-art of her. Other than Yuzu, Kiira's movement on-ice seems the most beautiful to me.
http://fav.me/d8g3u7e
Get well soon Kiira! :cheer:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yeah, this was a real bummer. Kiira was the only non-Russian that I felt could really deliver an excellent skate.

Figureskating

Spectator
I really hope Kiira will be able to compete at the Worlds. Kiira was supposed to compete in Hellmut Seibt Memorial and in Coupe de Printems but she has withdrawn from both of the competitions because of a flu. I hope this is nothing more serious and she will be in a good shape in the Worlds.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I really hope Kiira will be able to compete at the Worlds. Kiira was supposed to compete in Hellmut Seibt Memorial and in Coupe de Printems but she has withdrawn from both of the competitions because of a flu. I hope this is nothing more serious and she will be in a good shape in the Worlds.
Ugh, rotten luck again. If it's really flu (not just a cold), it could take time to recover her strength, so I wonder what shape she'll be in if she makes it to World's.

Just have to hope for the best. I really want to see Kiira at World's - there are precious few skaters now, who can skate at the top level with such lightness, grace, and elegance.

pohatta

On the Ice
Kiira left to Shanghai yesterday. She hasn't been able to upgrade her LP because of lost training time so there's no lutz or triple-triple. However she feels she can reach her PB because her programs are so good. (According to some local interviews)

Flaya

Match Penalty
I can't wait to see Kiira at Worlds. I would even say that she is the skater I am most interested in watching. ;)

Hope to see her exceed her expectations.

Meoima

Match Penalty
She is one of the rarest skaters who don't need to jump and still make people clapping for her. Maybe if she's an ice dancer, she could be amazing nevertheless.